Global attitudes on religion

path said:
So you believe Jews, for example, are oppressed in America?

no, not at all. But it would be pointless to try to say that the US isn't dominated by Christian beliefs, my comment was an ill-placed joke.
But it is true that most of the Europeans who came to the New World came for religious freedom. The Puritans, the Quakers, the name Maryland, just to name a few.

I'm not saying that we are religious because our 200 year old roots were religious ones, but i don't think that it should be completely over looked

The graphs make it look like religion is a viable substitute for low quality of
life, and similarly high quality of life is substitute for religion.

parasite said:
no, not at all. But it would be pointless to try to say that the US isn't dominated by Christian beliefs, my comment was an ill-placed joke.
But it is true that most of the Europeans who came to the New World came for religious freedom. The Puritans, the Quakers, the name Maryland, just to name a few.

I'm not saying that we are religious because our 200 year old roots were religious ones, but i don't think that it should be completely over looked

OK I see now. :)

The graphs make it look like religion is a viable substitute for low quality of
life, and similarly high quality of life is substitute for religion.

There's dreamers, and then there's those that live their dream.

- N

"America is a little complicated. It is the very rich and yet more than half are religious. What motivates these half to be religious?

Ahhh!! those are the TV-Evangelist you see every sunday, crying, singing, begging for money to save their church, schools, lives, etc..
:rolleyes:

And the others are the idiots that send them money!!. :D

Godless.

Nothing wrong with Jerusalem that a small fission device wouldn't solve!

Really we need to just put a massive Berlin-style wall around Isreal/Palastine . . . the whole Middle East in fact. And let them just have at each other all they want. Its only because of oil and mythological idiocy that we screw around so much in there!

crunchy cat you lie. crunchy cat you die. how can you believe, how can you leave this fallacy, this truth, that christianity is not proof of reality?

Back