Ghosts

(Q), to prove that it is non existent we are going to say that it does exist and try out best to come up with proof that it does exist. Ultimetly questions will come up and we will see that ghosts cannot exist in any way or form.

so the imagination is non existent...I think is the statement of Q's

If the imagination is non existent then this PC i'm typing on is also a figment of some ones imagination and too also does not exist.

Silly thing to say yes?

When one sits still for a little while and with imagination visualises a tree on the top of a hill, does that tree exist?

If someone sits still and allows his imagination to conjure up a ghost that happens to a bit more vivid than the tree does the ghost exist?

When you visualise something what is the physical nature of that visualisation.

I would suggest that that visualisation is the creation of something at a quantum level, that our brain is capable of constructing. The tree exists at a quantum level. energy at a much smaller level than found so far by science.

Thus a ghost exists at a quantum level that the person has been able to witness using the same senses that allows him to dream or see his own visualisations.

Personally I quantify everything as physical to remove this notion that we can create something that doesn't exist which is a paradoxical statement...to wit...to create something that doesn't exist......

so the imagination is non existent...I think is the statement of Q's

The imagination is the result of the physical. What people tend to magine may not be of the physical.

there fore what you imagine isn't physical therefore what is it?
spiritual or something?

to say what we imagine does not exist is to say that we don't imagine.

We certainly do imagine so therefore it certainly exists, it is really the nature of this existance that is debatable not that it does or it doesn't exist. ( my argument )

The definition of Imagination:
A. The formation of a mental image of something that is neither perceived as real nor present to the senses.
B. The mental image so formed.
C. The ability or tendency to form such images.

Imagination is not psychical but rather an image formed mentally. Our eyes are only 2 organs which allows light to be reflected in through the pupils. This allows us to see are enviroment. Ultimetly our eyes is what our mind perceives. If our mental or subconcious mind decides to perceive something that isn't there, then what is stopping it? If ghost's are nothing more than our imagination then it isn't physical in any way but rather a mental image.

In other words, yes the imagination is non existence in reality, only existant in our minds.

Whilst I accept your position I would like to suggest that an awful lot of philosphers would certainly like to debate the issue of whether the universe is mind or whether it isn't.

If the universe is mind then by you definition what you imagine is part of that universe.

to say what we imagine does not exist is to say that we don't imagine.

I’m imagining a flying fire-breathing dragon burning down your house – does it exist?

In my mind, the image certainly does exist.

philosphers would certainly like to debate the issue of whether the universe is mind or whether it isn't.

Have them hit each other over the head with a baseball bat while they're debating - it may help them to come to a conclusion.

;)

If the universe is mind then by you definition what you imagine is part of that universe.

Yes but who says it part of reality?

you see it with your mind. How do you do that?

Some people refer to it as using your minds eye.

you see it with your mind. How do you do that?

Sry, this whole time i've been saying nonsense let me change what i ment.

No one actually sees what they imagine. Instead they receive images differently than their eyes do. and it's usually at the corner of their eyes or when their vision is blurry. While what they see can be nothing more than a book shelf or a computer in the corner of their eye, they can perceive it as an animal, person or even a ghost. Meanwhile they still do not see anything differently they only "think" they did.

As for imagination, you never see it. You think about it. You imagination are you're dreams and such. How you see your dreams I simply do not know. You're eyes don't see. They just moderate the amount of light being reflected into your skull. You're mind takes that reflected light and forms images out of it. It even changes the light received since it also needs to change the image right side up since the eyes take it in upside down. While this process is happening I suppose there can be some sort of error cause this "data" to be distributed wrong allow your thoughts to be mentally projected into this image. Who knows? I don't.

how does it exists?

Neurotransmitters in the brain.

How do you see it?

See above.

What energy is it?

Electromagnetic.

Back