Getting colder

Xev

Registered Senior Member
Shit. Summer's almost over. School's starting soon.

I realize this today when the students come back into town, when I recieve my class catalogs. When I stepped out of the shower a few minutes ago - I was cold. The nights are chilly again.

In less than three months, I will be 19. I'll vote for the first time on November 7th, and turn 19 three days later. I have no career plans, and no real desire for any. I have about 25 college credits, transferable to more or less anywhere I want, but I don't want anywhere. I have about 3k in my bank account, and no ambition now that I've lost my will to enter politics. At the moment, my sole ambition is to retreat into the wilderness of upper michigan, preferably with another human, but that's not going to happen....

Then it strikes me - I'm dying.

If I am horribly lucky, I have some 65 years of life yet. The women in my family live into their late eighties, even mid ninties....so maybe I am really lucky and live another 70 years.

Which gets me to the point of this post - ye' young sciforummers, enjoy your lives while they last. Go out, get drunk, get laid, do drugs, frequent bacchanalian orgies.....or you will wake up ten years later regretting what could have been.

Live without regrets, as Musashi decided.

Agreed.

But what if you want to 'waste' 10 years of your life so that you can end up with a couple Ferrari's.. and then start having fun?

Hmmmmmmmmm? :D

-Distortion

Of course, Distortion. :cool:

Skunk Anasie, Carmen Queasy

My vision is distorted by my sleazy mind
To picturesque an image to control this time
My intimate discriminating fears you test
My ignorance that truely feels it knows regress

You have the power but you keep it all to yourself
Your lust is decomposing us

The intricate sincerity is choking me
Its crumbling and crawling all around my feet
It wasn't jump from lie to lie to cover me
But could a bullet tell her just evading me

You have the power but you keep it all to yourslef

So now your telling me its all damn easy
Try to see yourself as carmen queasy
'Cos money making is a wonderful thing
Money making is a wonderful thing
But I don't wanna be an architect baby

Carmen Queasy. I don't wanna be

I'm flying out some rhythms in a cultural stare
Suffocating, stiffers straying like we care
Dissecting or analysing empty heart
To spit em out our wet dreams and calling it art

You have the vision but you keep it all to yourself

Money making, money taking
We don't have a choice
But we still have a voise
Antagonise life is too short
Twisted form and distort
Impregnate brains into my seminar
When I'm making music, making failure
Gotta take back whats mine (gotta take back)
Keep chocking and holding, provoking
My life style you be smoking

Money making us a wonderful thing [x4]

Funny, the more choices people get, the more difficult do they find it to choose. I guess thats human nature. Mmmm Xev, that hike sounds like a good idea. Why cant you find somebody to go with you? After all, that somebody doesnt need to qualify for a life partner.

So go and see the next solar eclipse. I dont remember when its due, but its surely in your lifetime. You may have to travel, but thats a pleasure in itself.

I'm 53. Getting older is sometimes crap, but it sure beats the alternative.

Hans

Originally posted by Xev

When I stepped out of the shower a few minutes ago - I was cold..
I'd give a damn about the rest, really, but this image is occupying my mind... :p

Originally posted by Distortion
Agreed.

But what if you want to 'waste' 10 years of your life so that you can end up with a couple Ferrari's.. and then start having fun?

Hmmmmmmmmm? :D

-Distortion

It's a nice idea, but unfortunately those ten years will change your perspective so that you lose touch with things... and then find the ten turns into 20, etc.

Originally posted by Xev
Shit. Summer's almost over. School's starting soon.

SSSSSHHHHHH!!!!1 :mad: :(

On the other hand ... Summer's gonna come again (how did that song go?) ... Think of it as a second chance?

I take it you prefer summer to winter then? :p

Who wouldn't??
I'm from england where summer falls on a wednesday, most years. Today is the sunniest it's been for a long time and I'd say it's only in the high 60's :(

That said I'll soon be in my LATE thirties and I wouldn't have missed a minute EXCEPT my teens which I've spoken of before.

As you get older you get to appreciate other things, better than this you get to understand why your appreciation of them is important.

Don't ever worry about older. Worry about ill or infirm or ugly or god forbid impotence but older? Nah, older brings its own joys.
Live forever xev just one day at a time :D :D

Go out, get drunk, get laid, do drugs, frequent bacchanalian orgies.....or you will wake up ten years later regretting what could have been.

Hey, I like the idea, but as a recovering alcoholic/drug addict, I did wake up ten years later regretting what could have been.

You know that feeling you get after a wild party, when you can't quite remember what happened but you've got a feeling it wasn't good? Well, extend that night into ten whole year's worth and you'll get the idea.

But the sex part - should have done much more of that instead. I was too shy, or whatever. Hence all the drink and drugs? ...

So I'd say, don't bother being shy. Be wild. Have something to remember.

Agree with BBC Boy. The most important things in life are health, health and health, in that order!

Once you have health, everything else is a matter of choices, based on personal priorities and immediate needs.

Sure, spend the next ten years partying, drinking, smoking, doing drugs and getting a slut degree, but think! Will you be healthy in 10 years time? Might not the drugs fry your brain, the alcohol pickle your liver, the tobacco shrivel your lungs, the sex give you STD's or AIDS? And where will the money come from to finance these expensive/incapacitating activities? A short life of crime perhaps? You will be what you set out to be.
What makes you think you'll be able to change or even want to make the transition into 'straight' society after a decade of excess and debauchery?

Distortion's idea is much WISER. Make your money young, grow as a person and try to live it up whenever you can (It's all a matter of balance), on your way to a comfotable, healthy, middle-age and beyond. The years will simply RUSH by and you'll never feel that you're really getting any older, believe me!

Be lucky and wise.

Originally posted by Xev

Which gets me to the point of this post - ye' young sciforummers, enjoy your lives while they last. Go out, get drunk, get laid, do drugs, frequent bacchanalian orgies.....or you will wake up ten years later regretting what could have been.

Xev, you silly girl. That way will get you into early mid-life crisis when you sober up some day.

Women usually judge their achievement by the men they got. It is very strange but true. Many get in serious depression when they get older and realize they have been with the wrong men.

By sacrificing years of your young lifes in education and career will most likely get you a better man.

its only gonna get colder up north silly. LOLwhy dont you head downsouth instead... then you wont be so cold....
..what college do you go to?

Hey Xev, were in the same boat. Except I am about 8 years older than you, married (seperated) and have a child. I have some college credits, but I cant for the life of me find a career that I want to go into. I cant decide on a college, I keep thinking I have to find what I want to major in before I choose a University, I have goals but I dont know if I have the will power to fulfill them. I would like to say that I did spend the last 11 or so years drinking and partying and I regret it like all hell. I wish I would of stayed in school, experienced college life, put marriage and children on hold and just live for me - but unfortunetly things didnt go that way. And now Im trying to balance a fulltime job, fulltime school and fulltime motherhood. That doesnt include doing things I actually enjoy like hiking and reading. I think everyone looks back and wishes they would of lived life differently. In my opinion, I would take a semester off, backpack through Europe, meet people, take pictures, try all the different alcohol in all the different countries:D and come back and get back into school. Well, thats what I would of done...

Good luck!!!!:)

I am about the same age as you, strgrl. The only thing I regrett at this point is drinking, smoking, and partying too much. I was also a veteran of the dating game I played. It is nothing but cheap thrills. It was sorta fun while it lasted but afterwards I felt so empty somehow.

Xev, sometimes you are so silly you make me wish I have full custody of you :p

Actually I think it might be a good idea for Xev to try that life style for awhile. If she is as intelligent as I believe she is, she will find the whole thing getting old very fast. But she needs to convince herself of that. Otherwise when she becomes 10 years older from now, she might regrett that she didn't do it enough and she would want to start at that age when she really should be focusing on more important things in life. That would be very wrong.

Joe

Yes, Xev is extremely intelligent. I think if she decided to party all the time, she would get tired of it. I got tired of it years ago, but that was all I knew, that was how I unwinded and actually felt important. Sounds corny, but its true. I still struggle with drinking. It can get out of hand very fast if your not careful. Only Xev knows what Xev wants and only Xev can choose what is right for Xev:)

I don't care about this age thing. Ah but, direction...that, I understand. I'm in just about the same boat.

Only I wanted to go to Montana.

tabalridden:
Sure, spend the next ten years partying, drinking, smoking, doing drugs and getting a slut degree, but think! Will you be healthy in 10 years time? Might not the drugs fry your brain, the alcohol pickle your liver, the tobacco shrivel your lungs, the sex give you STD's or AIDS? And where will the money come from to finance these expensive/incapacitating activities? A short life of crime perhaps? You will be what you set out to be.
What makes you think you'll be able to change or even want to make the transition into 'straight' society after a decade of excess and debauchery?

Ah, but I do not want 'straight' society. It bores me to tears. All I want out of it is power, and everything else is a means to that end.

But then, I've lost my urge to gain power by dominating 'straight' society or entering politics.....fucking Nietzsche. This is his fault.

Joeman, I do not want a man either. Why? So I can parasitize some rich doctor or lawyer and watch Riki Lake while having my nails done and shuffling the kids to soccer practice?

I have friends sworn to shoot me if that ever happens.

I think a life of controlled hedonism is the way to go. Not simply to do drugs and slut around, but if one were to be picky and adventurous about the kind of drugs and the kind of sex one indulges in....

Well that's a whole 'nother ballgame.

Sorry for ranting, but I'm beginning to think that I'm just going to find a stable career like nursing to fall back on, and then see where I go.

Anyways, thanks guys. :)

Originally posted by Xev
But then, I've lost my urge to gain power by dominating 'straight' society or entering politics.....fucking Nietzsche. This is his fault.

People have tendency to lose their interest to conquer something when they are overwelmed. Maybe it is not the "quest" for power that interest you but the fasination of power itself. My interpretation is you want power, but you are not interested in walking the road to obtain it?

Joeman, I do not want a man either. Why? So I can parasitize some rich doctor or lawyer and watch Riki Lake while having my nails done and shuffling the kids to soccer practice?

I never mentioned that is the way you should spend your life. What I meant is usually when a woman turn 30, they find it humiliating if they are still not married. Eventually you want kids as well when hormone kicks in. Nucleus family provides the stability to raise kids. Fighting your hormone is very difficult. With that being said, women usually judge their own success by what kind of men they have. It is just an observation.

I think a life of controlled hedonism is the way to go. Not simply to do drugs and slut around, but if one were to be picky and adventurous about the kind of drugs and the kind of sex one indulges in....
Substances and sex are what poor people prefer. Otherwise there are plenty of better other options.

Back