genetic tailoring, how could it be done? would u want it? what would you do?

yes to an extent. Im talking about a more mobil version of it that can be put in a suitcase. Im not talking about a farm im talking about a factory that assembles the cells on an atomic level on a magnetic plate in one case and in the other uses nano technology to change the cell's information so the tissue to accepted. That way it can be done in a couple of hours instead of afew weeks.

Biorobotics then or micro machines made of biological parts that can be commanded to do thy bidding.
sly.gif

Biorobotics and the latter nanorobotics require the use of high speed DNA synthesizers (writer). Present day DNA synthesizers run at 6min per nucleotides and are to inefficient to make a DNA strands over 1000 nucleotides… I like others have ideas on how to revolutionize that.

Last edited:
I think genetic modification of adults is possible to a certain extent. Especially in tissues that can regenerate. For example if you give a person some chemicals that cause their muscles to waste away. Genetically engineer whats left and then apply grow hormones you should get wholly regenerated muscles expressing the genes you have added.

The muscles is a simple example and it may not work on more fragile tissues, but i think this is one possible approach.

dangerous technology

i could imagine malicious usage from such a technology. we'd be burdened with shit like 'transgenic terrorists' or laws that require convicted rapists to undergo 'unfavourable' genetic tailoring (well, that might not be a bad one).

streety,

Don't forget what cybernetics and synthetic organs can do! I project that in 30 years people (rich enough) will be able to buy new bodies!

Originally posted by WellCookedFetus
streety,

Don't forget what cybernetics and synthetic organs can do! I project that in 30 years people (rich enough) will be able to buy new bodies!

i'm going to the Morphogenesis& regenerative medicine conference this month. I'll make sure I mention to a few of the hotshots in this field that I know a person that can do all the things they can't. Be prepared to accept some job offers soon Wellcookedfetus.

spuriousmonkey,

Why thank you, I did not know prophesizing was a career option!
And to think I could have been a millionaire by now.

Back