genetic tailoring, how could it be done? would u want it? what would you do?

shadows

technocrat:Teach me
Registered Senior Member
Genetic tailoring is something that looks interesting. Combine that with a couple other technologies it would be tight. You know you walk into a clinic and walk out on monday morning all healed up from the operation and ready to test your new body.
How do you guys think it will be done? I think it will be done by nanobots that carry a small blob of chemical to use in the operation on the chromosones, these bots would be connected to a wire that resupplies and powers them. the wires would snake back and forth in the arteries to get to all the cells in the body in order to change the person's genetic material. Then growth hormones and protiens are added for healing and to acheive the desired effects. Then use steam cells to heal the wounds so that no marks remain.

I would make myself 6 3 blonde hair blue eyes and built like a rock with muscles dripping off of me.

I would make myself 6 3 blonde hair blue eyes and built like a rock with muscles dripping off of me

ahh, yes the uber-aryan option, i'm sure that will be popular:p

honestly i wouldn't change much looks wise. i would be more concerned with my health, some people in my familly tend to have not so great health.

i disagree with what hitler did to the jews and the whole idea of slective breeding. So I can't be a nazi

not with the chicks i know

calm down, i don't think you're a nazi.

it was more of a coment as to the popluar ideal of good looking being so damn white. totally not your fault.

it might be difficult to change your appearance by genetic tailoring if you are already an adult, because your appearance is created during your development.

i might have implied that i believe it wouldn't be possible.

plastic surgery is the best option if you are an adult in the forseeable future in my humble opinion

no. blondes are not attractive. sorry.

doesn't any kind of genetic manipulation have to be done to an unborn child, since the body is still developing.... ? I dont see how you could take a grown man, and then try to change his genetic makeup.. it seems pretty set in stone....

i do think it would be nice to chose between myself and my partner which characteristcs came from which parent to the unborn child.

but being able to change those things at will during your life could give criminals and those in the entertainment industry some serious leverage. lol.

Im talking about using nano bots on threads that operate on genes so the body does not reject the new cells that the other threads of nano bots are build with proteins asembled further down the thread. Well then what do you find attractive?

Just fix my eyesight, give me a perfect immunesystem, improve longevity, increase muscle efficency, and chromataphores.

Is that so much to ask ? :p

Better senses: Eagle vision(or better), better hearing and smell, maybe some new senses like sonar, telepathy, or radar. Health: Better immune system, strength, speed, stamina, healing abilities. Appearance/other: Maybe colour changing skin, pointy ears might be cool, functional gills maybe, definately longer lifespan. I wouldn't change most of my appearance though, as I am already very good looking. Maybe mental capabilities, but I really wouldn't feel comfortable changing my brain.

Nanorobots seems like a hard and unlikely way to do it. A couple retrovirii used at specific times may work though. First you insert all the genes with one one virus. Then activate certain processes with other virii at the appropriate time. Maybe have all non life threatening cells divide once, but with the other cell dying. Then having though about things in advance, you ingest some substance that destroys all the retrovirii, so you don't go around infecting everyone with "youness" .

Originally posted by shadows
I would make myself 6 3 blonde hair blue eyes and built like a rock with muscles dripping off of me. [/B]

Yeah, that's what America sees as the epitome of beauty. I don't though. I like brown eyes, height doesn't really matter, and chocolate completion.

Shadow,

What you taking about is not genetic tailoring. In the future if you want a new body what they would do is grow you one or assemble it out of laboratory grown organs and/or cybernetic components. Gene therapy and biorobotics stem cells would be able to do modifications to a living body but not be able to change it out right (at least no for a long time). The phrase “Genetic tailoring” is more commonly referring to designer babies and neo-eugenics. Engineering an embryo or creating one thorough biorobotics (creating the entire genome synthetically) is not looked upon well by the people. Engineering ones self through cybernetics, gene therapy and biorobotics micro-machines may be looked at more nicely because in this case the individual has a choose to be changed.

I personally would love to have the body of that chick from Ghost in the Shell… I want to be a hot cyborgs chick that can turn invisible at will and kill anyone 3 times before they hit the ground!

perhaps you are right. It could be my leve of reasoning is lacked by vocabulary. Nano threads will be able to snake through cells without damaging them and operating on the genetic material. Im talking about mass production of modified cells and sythetic tissues.

Back