Frequency sweep to induce gravity field

Cheezle, is this you? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGXiS4X4Hlw
This is just the Rigol DG4062 function/arbitary waveform generator teardown video. My guess is that either this is you, or that you work with this person. It's good to have a face that goes with a name.

LOL, no that is not me. I will take your suspicion as a compliment. Mike is a highly talented engineer. I watch his videos all the time. There are a bunch of people on the web that do these tear downs. I recently watched one of the TEK MDO4000 scope (scope + spectrum analyzer) that just came out this year. *gasp* was that illegal? Nope. Tek sent the product to the guy specifically for him to tear it down and review it. Nothing illegal. Nothing unethical. Tek was not happy with the review and so will probably not send him any more products for review. Their loss.

Thanks again for the compliment of mistaking me for Mike. !!!

You claims of telepathic communication with space aliens / God is a little ... bizarre. If I was CEO of Tektronix and I found out one of my employees was building a space alien inspired gravity beam using my company's equipment and facilities, and talking about it on the internet in a public forum, and that the experiment was sanctioned by a Tek manager. Well there would be two fewer employees at Tektronix. As I said, because you represent yourself here as a Tektronix employee, what you say here can reflect on your employer. I know that my impression of Tek has changed after reading your posts here. Your belligerence and crazy ideas does reflect on everything associated with you. When I hear the name Tek I will forever think of space aliens and gravity beams. And that is not a positive thing for Tek.
I'm sorry that you feel that way. My strategy for a gravity drive is based on the simple premise that gravity is the curvature of space-time. But nobody knows what space-time is; that is, nobody knows what it's made of. Since c appears in GR and SR, I took a guess and said that space-time is made of a "support structure" for electromagnetic waves. When energy passes through this "support structure", we observe it as electromagnetic radiation. So the concept of the gravity drive is to curve space-time by curving the support structure. The experiment will attempt to curve the support structure by using a repeated frequency sweep.

If I've been belligerent, it's because you've been attacking me professionally without cause. The fact that I have crazy ideas inspired by aliens is not justification for you to attack my job skills. I might be nuts, but I can do my job just fine.

An AWG does not sweep.
You're splitting hairs. The end result is a sweep. I saw the sweep on the oscilloscope. The AWG has DAC's that convert values stored in RAM into voltages. Filters ablate the side bands. The end result is a sweep.
It is just a bunch of RAM that clocks its data into a high performance DAC at a set sample rate.
Yes.
I looked on the Tek.com AWG page and the spec is +/- 1.0 dB, from 50 MHz to 4.8 GHz for the regular version and +/- 2.5 dB, from 50 MHz to 9.6 GHz for the optional interleaved output version.
Yes, I'm using interleave, 24GS/s.
You are evidently using the interleaved version since you said the sample rate was 24GS/s. Because your signal only goes to 1.6 GHz, I would expect that it would be pretty flat. +/- 1.0 dB is pretty normal for RF applications. Nothing you should need to worry about. If you are curious, just generate a sine wave and change the repetition rate from 800 MHz to 1.6 GHz. Note any roll off.
I was going to try some sine waves on Sunday.
You will need to use a very low resolution sine wave because of number of samples you are limited to 1.6 GHz. You may even have to compare square waves if you don't have a low enough resolution sine. That is the problem with AWGs. Nature of the beast. You can compensate for roll off by changing the scale of the amplitude from one end of the wave form to the other. You have 8/10 bits of resolution to work with. But this should not be necessary.
I'm looking at the equation editor. There's a command called NORM(); Normalizes the range specified with range() and scales the amplitude values so that the maximum absolute value is 1.0 (i.e. a value of +1.0 or –1.0). I'm hoping this will help.

LOL, no that is not me. I will take your suspicion as a compliment. Mike is a highly talented engineer. I watch his videos all the time. There are a bunch of people on the web that do these tear downs. I recently watched one of the TEK MDO4000 scope (scope + spectrum analyzer) that just came out this year. *gasp* was that illegal? Nope. Tek sent the product to the guy specifically for him to tear it down and review it. Nothing illegal. Nothing unethical. Tek was not happy with the review and so will probably not send him any more products for review. Their loss.
Well, reviews are one way we figure out what our customers want. I've used them occasionally to test boards. I like them. I don't know what the reviews were. The engineers probably do.
Thanks again for the compliment of mistaking me for Mike. !!!
You need a picture.

Back