"Fossil Fuel" And The "Oil Window"

Would you care to share them with us, or do you plan on being an obnoxious little twat in as many threads as possible. You did not come here to discuss in an intelligent an adult fashion the possibilities of abiogenic petroleum. You came here to be a petulant, know-it-all, immature ass-hole. Be very clear on this OilisMastery: the knowledgeable and thinking poster has nothing but contempt for your ill thought out, blinkered, ignorant arguments. When we are not enraged by your stupidity, we are laughing at your self delusion.

/Engage Ignore Function

Would you care to share them with us, or do you plan on being an obnoxious little twat in as many threads as possible. You did not come here to discuss in an intelligent an adult fashion the possibilities of abiogenic petroleum.

You came here to be a petulant, know-it-all, immature ass-hole. Be very clear on this OilisMastery: the knowledgeable and thinking poster has nothing but contempt for your ill thought out, blinkered, ignorant arguments. When we are not enraged by your stupidity, we are laughing at your self delusion.
You call your language intelligent? You can't debate. All you type is personal insults. Not surprising when you're factually challenged.

/Engage Ignore Function
Good riddance.

http://www.gasresources.net/DisposalBioClaims.htm

Dismissal of the Claims of a Biological Connection for Natural Petroleum.

Your being too fundamentalist for science. For you it's either-or. There is evidence that the Earth does outgas carbon from it's interior. It is also evident that this carbon is most readily converted into hydrocarbons when organic matter from the oceans and to a lesser degree from the land, is buried in sedimentary deposits and subject to heating. There is some oil that likely comes from non-biological sources, but not enough to account for the amount of oil that is recovered.

In any case, consider this: If oil has been accumulating from carbon sources in the Earth's interior only, the deposits we find have taken billions of years to accumulate. So, they will not accumulate again in such quantities in our lifetimes, or even the lifetime of our species. If the balance of oil deposits come from biological sources, we will still run out, but they will come back in a matter of millions of years.

OK, wait ... are we saying that oil is renewable as a natural process that is ongoing within the Earth and therefore peek oil only reflects peek oil drilling capacity and not a limit to potential availability?

That's what OilIsMastery (Cazzo) is saying. I think the truth is that there is a small but continuous outgassing of hydrocarbons from the Earth's interior, it is the source of most of the world's carbon, but the oil we use comes indirectly from that, through the deposition of organic matter and subsequent transformation under heat and pressure.

That's what OilIsMastery (Cazzo) is saying. I think the truth is that there is a small but continuous outgassing of hydrocarbons from the Earth's interior, it is the source of most of the world's carbon, but the oil we use comes indirectly from that, through the deposition of organic matter and subsequent transformation under heat and pressure.

Quite right.

This thick-headed OilIsMasterey dolt is totally ignoring ALL the physical evidence.

For example, coal is also a fossil fuel. I suppose he thinks the inclusion of ferns and other similar fossilized found in it just appeared by some sort of black magic (pun intended).

Evidently he is also unaware of peat - which is vegetative matter and is on it's way to becoming coal. Again I suppose the ninny thinks that the anaerobic wetlands where peat is still being formed today (and is called "turf" in the British Isles) are merely coincidences and have no effect on the quite natural process.

In short, he knows absolutely NOTHING about the formation of fossil fuels.

Hmm, I think I like the idea of being able to call someone an a-hole and not get banned :D. That is off topic so forget I said it.

I can't tell who is right from the posts and links; it seems inconclusive.

I'm not sure that even if the 15,000 ft. window is fact, that it means that abiogenic oil is falsified. We need a good link to any science related to abiotics. I still can't post links ... geesh. Wiki covers most of what has been presented here but has several good links.

Coal and peat are a different matter. They are clearly a fossil/organic in origin. That doesn't falsify abiogenics.

I'm pulling for you though OilIsMastry, but if you don't get some convincing evidence soon we will all be riding bikes.

Hmm, I think I like the idea of being able to call someone an a-hole and not get banned :D. That is off topic so forget I said it.

I can't tell who is right from the posts and links; it seems inconclusive.

I'm not sure that even if the 15,000 ft. window is fact, that it means that abiogenic oil is falsified. We need a good link to any science related to abiotics. I still can't post links ... geesh. Wiki covers most of what has been presented here but has several good links.

Coal and peat are a different matter. They are clearly a fossil/organic in origin. That doesn't falsify abiogenics.

I'm pulling for you though OilIsMastry, but if you don't get some convincing evidence soon we will all be riding bikes.

Although you might consider coal and peat to be a "different matter", don't fall into the trap of thinking they are unrelated to the issue - the PRIMARY thing under consideration in this whole topic is carbon. And getting to hydrocarbons from carbon isn't bad science at all.;)

At any rate, although it has gone through a revival, abiogenic oil is actually an early 19th century idea and still belongs in the era of the limited knowledge of science of that time period.

As to what Wikipedia has to say about it (along with it's links), here you go: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenic_petroleum_origin

Back