Force paradox - a test of reasoning

of course you are referring to an object that has energy applied in excess of the gravitational attraction in the first instance. Escape velocity is after all escape velocity.

In micro gravity as we are discussing any force greater than the attraction will generate accelleration. So therefore any force greater than attraction will generate an escape velocity.

Quantum Quack:

I understand that we are speaking on the microgravitic scale, but the principles of escape velocity are to be found on all scales, not just the planetary or stellar. That is to say, if we reach the escape velocity of 81 (to return to the argument's numbers) then we no longer must speed up and it will force us to exert energy to slow down, not that we will be "caught and slowed" by gravity.

Prince_James said:
Quantum Quack:

I understand that we are speaking on the microgravitic scale, but the principles of escape velocity are to be found on all scales, not just the planetary or stellar. That is to say, if we reach the escape velocity of 81 (to return to the argument's numbers) then we no longer must speed up and it will force us to exert energy to slow down, not that we will be "caught and slowed" by gravity.
OK I see what you are getting at.
In all my examples I haven't included momentum gained by the forces applied.

I am assuming that the rocket has no hmmmmm...acquired kinetic??? energy.
Which is a mistake.....hmmmmmm...

Ahhh well back to the 'ole drawing board....

I dont know what the problem is here.
A, you never actually escape the influence of the earth gravity.
b, To move away/ continue to move away from the earth you have to stay above escape velocity.

It's perfectly simple.

What you may be doing wrong is that escape velocity decreases the further you go away from the earth, but that would be underestimating your intelligence wouldn't it?

Quantum Quack:

"OK I see what you are getting at.
In all my examples I haven't included momentum gained by the forces applied.

I am assuming that the rocket has no hmmmmm...acquired kinetic??? energy.
Which is a mistake.....hmmmmmm...

Ahhh well back to the 'ole drawing board.... "

If you find a way to include this, do post here. I would most definitely like to continue this following such inclusions.

imaplanck:

"What you may be doing wrong is that escape velocity decreases the further you go away from the earth, but that would be underestimating your intelligence wouldn't it? "

I think that was the problem in the original experiment, yes.

But does not the gravitic pull of an object decrease with the square of the distance?

Back