For theists who believe in evolution

People that haven't heard the message of God get a pass. Therefore, it's unethical to be a missionary.

LOL. I see you didn't forget about the Dinosaurs.

Any thoughts on the op ? I don't think it's been addressed here before.

well, i really wouldn't consider us all that enlightened, you know?

well, i really wouldn't consider us all that enlightened, you know?

Sure. But today, those that claim to be atheist or don't believe in the same god as say yourself or someone who is muslim or other. Essentially is doomed because they are not taking the right path.

But before we were finally told about this path, generations of humans came and went for a million years.

Since god was the original creator. Why wait ?

shouldn't the op be directed at christans, rather than theists?

No, all religions make the claim that they are the true way. So before this true way was revealed. This was unknown, so nobody before that could have known about this particular way. They may have had their own but that was obviously wrong.

So no, the op is directed at all theists who claim there is only the one path.

Sure. But today, those that claim to be atheist or don't believe in the same god as say yourself or someone who is muslim or other. Essentially is doomed because they are not taking the right path.

But before we were finally told about this path, generations of humans came and went for a million years.

Since god was the original creator. Why wait ?

i have absolutely no idea. i could generalize and say that i'm sure whatever god's relationship with man was in prior ages was appropriate. creation is a development.

i think that the bible begins with the beginning of an age, and ends with the end of that age. you know, the ending of the bible isn't really an ending, it's a beginning.

i have absolutely no idea. i could generalize and say that i'm sure whatever god's relationship with man was in prior ages was appropriate. creation is a development.

i think that the bible begins with the beginning of an age, and ends with the end of that age. you know, the ending of the bible isn't really an ending, it's a beginning.

Well then it's a good question.

What happened to all of the souls lost before your god enlightened us ?

Cyclic time

The time concept of modern archaeology, and modern anthropology in general, resembles the general cosmological-historical time concept of Europe's Judaeo-Christian culture. Differing from the cyclical cosmological-historical time concepts of the early Greeks in Europe, and the Indians and others in Asia, the Judaeo- Christian cosmological-historical time concept is linear and progressive. Modern archaeology also shares with Judaeo-Christian theology the idea that humans appear after the other major species.

IOW its not really valid to categorize something as "lost" anymore than to call it "before"
;)

j,

i could guess and say that maybe those "lost" souls were us. what do you think about reincarnation?

j,

i could guess and say that maybe those "lost" souls were us. what do you think about reincarnation?

There is no way to test for it. But when considering what happens to our souls it's a little more complicated than our bodies.

And first you need to have a soul. Which is another issue.

The question of what happened to them is a valid question that any person of faith who also accepts evolution should be pondering.

IOW, why would god create humans to evolve for 1 million + years before bringing the good news ?

There is no way to test for it. But when considering what happens to our souls it's a little more complicated than our bodies.

And first you need to have a soul. Which is another issue.

The question of what happened to them is a valid question that any person of faith who also accepts evolution should be pondering.

IOW, why would god create humans to evolve for 1 million + years before bringing the good news ?

who knows if god waited to bring the good news? for all we know he could have brought the good news to every age.

even in genesis, it describes a time when humans and god were in communion, and then that changed, necessitating the good news.

it just seems to be a progression. with each new age comes a different kind of knowledge, perhaps more advanced.

Lost souls? Enlightened us? What?
Oh. You're blindly assuming "theist" means "Abrahamic monotheist".
:rolleyes:

No, I am referring to any religion which claims there is only one way and that is their way.

In this, all those up until that particular way was presented to the population. Were all in the dark, so were not aware of this way.

IOW, never even given a chance to know the way.

Do you understand my question now ?

who knows if god waited to bring the good news? for all we know he could have brought the good news to every age.

even in genesis, it describes a time when humans and god were in communion, and then that changed, necessitating the good news.

it just seems to be a progression. with each new age comes a different kind of knowledge, perhaps more advanced.

Well we don't have any thing to justify his news with these previous generations. I guess it would be kinda hard to keep such records when you don't have the ability to write it down.

I am suprised that there isn't some common answer on this from various religions. But then again, some were denying evolution until fairly recently. And some within these, still deny it.

I will have to look into that.

Cyclic time

The time concept of modern archaeology, and modern anthropology in general, resembles the general cosmological-historical time concept of Europe's Judaeo-Christian culture. Differing from the cyclical cosmological-historical time concepts of the early Greeks in Europe, and the Indians and others in Asia, the Judaeo- Christian cosmological-historical time concept is linear and progressive. Modern archaeology also shares with Judaeo-Christian theology the idea that humans appear after the other major species.

IOW its not really valid to categorize something as "lost" anymore than to call it "before"
;)

So I see that this person is advocating an alternative view of the archaelogical record and is not alone in doing so.

I am very skeptical but will keep an open mind and review some of his claims of oddities in places they shouldn't be.

It also seems like although he is presenting these cases that he is merely asking that they be considered and doesn't seem to be replacing the current view with anything specific. Other than a vague reference to his belief of creation to explain it. That is not good enough.

Cyclic time

;)

Cyclic time

;)

Haven't double checked for verification but am reading some of the back and forth here:

http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=169840

You might find this quote interesting.

"There is no defence allowed for Cremo and Thompson, they are both liars who have deliberately misinterpreted results for profit and Hindu creationism"

Back