Favorite artwork

op9lzsy.png

by Georgia O'Keeffe

im-157097

Georgia O'Keeffe

I wasn't quite sure what to post in this discussion a few days ago but just this morning I ran into
something that rather amazed me.

Want to hear something magical? Experimental director, composer and playwright Jim Wilson recorded the sound of crickets and then slowed down the recording, revealing something so amazing. The crickets sound like they are singing the most angelic chorus in perfect harmony. Though it sounds like human voices, everything you hear is the crickets themselves. There are two tracks, one is played at regular speed and the other is the slowed version. The singing you hear are the crickets only. No instruments or voices were added.

"The first time I heard it... I swore I was listening to the Vienna Boys Choir, or the Mormon Tabernacle choir. It has a four-part harmony it is a swaying choral panorama. No effects have been added of any kind except that they changed the speed of the tape. The sound is so haunting. I played it for Charlie Musselwhite and he looked at me as if I pulled a Leprechaun out of my pocket." Tom Waite.

@ sculptor ,

Mark Newman is one awesome mythological sculptor...wow

And your work is worthy of close examination as well! Good Art!

@ sculptor ,

Mark Newman is one awesome mythological sculptor...wow

And your work is worthy of close examination as well! Good Art!
Yeh
In the sculptors forum, mark started posting pictures of the clay as it progressed.
He sculpted the walker and the eel separately. When he combined them, he added the caress.
I told him that the caress took it over the top for me and was a great finishing touch.
I think that he makes his living from the figurines.
and
Of all the things he's done,(he really is rather prolific) the eel walker is my favorite.
great stuff.

the pix of mine was when isis was still in the clay
I started her with a model named Amy-----then i got busy with the business---and when I came back to isis, Amy had left town.
That pose may not look hard, but it is, and 4 models that I asked to pose for it couldn't do it-----It sat for over a year-----during that time, I added Osiris and Horus in her hair---and then I found a great model---(2 actually---they were almost identical twins---one was a tad heavier/sturdier/stronger---and this was reflected in their stomach musculature. When I asked the model of the day about this, she confessed her twinship...and said that when one couldn't make the gig, the other one stood in for her---
Both really good models who enjoyed their work(it's great working with someone who enjoys their work)----darned if I can remember their names.

Lilith didn't merely rival Eve; and it wasn't merely a fling.

Lilith was Adam's first wife.
And disobeyed him .
That's why she had to become a demon a relegated to the underworld in favor of Eve, who managed to corrupt Adam by offering him the forbidden fruit of the tree of knowledge.

It's all very confusing. Who is the good guy/gal and who is the bad guy/gal. Round and round it goes, where it stops nobody knows.

So God created humankind
in the image of God created them;
male and female god created them.

Last edited:
Back