Faith is not blind

(Q) said:
I'm not more special than you.

Again, you failed to understand the question. Is English not your first language?
Actually, you had the wrong reason, but the right conclusion.

My first language is Swedish, since I am from Sweden.

- and I did understand the question -

The difference is not as big as you seem to think it is.

Are you brain dead? The difference is huge. You should take the time trying to understand that difference. It is your inability to understand that difference that encouraged me to start a new thread, "Faith Defined."

Go and read it.
You can't trust on a simple definition, faith is much more than that (I hope it is for you too).

Then you 'saw' nothing and are merely blowing smoke.

You can't trust on a simple definition, faith is much more than that (I hope it is for you too).

Sorry, but its not. You either have faith in a person or plan based on evidence or you have faith in gods not based on evidence. If you can show another kind of faith, I'll listen.

(Q) said:

Then you 'saw' nothing and are merely blowing smoke.

Sorry, but its not. You either have faith in a person or plan based on evidence or you have faith in gods not based on evidence. If you can show another kind of faith, I'll listen.
You got to have faith.

You got to have faith.

I have faith, based on my observations of your posts, that you are unable to distinguish fantasy from reality, that you do not understand English and cannot answer simple questions.

I have faith that you are not interested in debating anyone but are only interested in reading your own words.

Yes, I have faith.

You got to have faith.

I have faith, based on my observations of your posts, that you are unable to distinguish fantasy from reality, that you do not understand English and cannot answer simple questions.

I have faith that you are not interested in debating anyone but are only interested in reading your own words.

Then you listened, but you didn't hear.

Then you listened, but you didn't hear.

You read, but you don't comprehend.

Who do you listen to?

Everyone and everything - what's your point?

Rosa,

First of all, who said *blind* faith?

It’s the topic under discussion – see the topic title.

Secondly, to a 6-year old, will you tell that child to have hope, faith, or will you say that they should induce?

Teach a child how to think from an early age then they will never need to fall into the clutches of religion.

To an unschooled simple person, will you tell them to have hope, faith or will you tell them to think inductively?

People tend to do this naturally. But there is no substitute for education. Ignorance is the result otherwise.

You lack practicality.

The fact that the majority of people are ignorant of so many basic issues is indeed of some concern. But good examples can help.

Cris said:
“ First of all, who said *blind* faith? ”

It’s the topic under discussion – see the topic title.

No, this is not how blind faith was brought into my argument. The passage from your previous post is this:

Me said:
G: Humans have an internal quality that allows them
a) to overcome the insecurity of never being completely sure,
b) to choose.

This internal quality can be called faith or hope.

To which you replied:

Cris said:
No it is called induction. Blind faith is never needed.

To which I said:

First of all, who said *blind* faith?

I specified that that internal quality can be called faith or hope. You pushed it, and refered to *blind* faith.

Teach a child how to think from an early age then they will never need to fall into the clutches of religion.

And how do you teach a child how to think? You need at least the parents to think first.

“ To an unschooled simple person, will you tell them to have hope, faith or will you tell them to think inductively? ”

People tend to do this naturally.

People naturally have hope, faith. That in terms of logic this is called inductive thinking does not change anything -- all these terms are refering to the same mental ability.

It is just that the terms hope and faith have been dismissed as "inappropriate" and "religious", and pushed into the realms of the "unreasonable". An artificial separation of terms was made, through that, a separation of the referents of these terms -- and we ended being taught that hope and inductive reasoning have nothing in common.

The fact that the majority of people are ignorant of so many basic issues is indeed of some concern. But good examples can help.

(I know what you're doing.)

Rosa:
the thread heading is, "faith is not blind" ( meaning cyperium does not believe, it to be blind faith, correct.)

(Q) said:
Who do you listen to?

Everyone and everything - what's your point?
You got to find it yourself.

I'm being honest with you here: now I found my point.

Last edited:

OK, what is "it?" How will I find "it?" How will I know when I've found "it?"

(Q) said:

OK, what is "it?" How will I find "it?" How will I know when I've found "it?"
My point?

Your point?

Faith?

Maybe we are back at the beginning?

Maybe faith in yourself?

Godless,

M*W. faith is a word with two meanings, faith is closely related to trust, and faith in the theological sense is faith in assertions which can't be verified or proved.

Faith is described in the bible;
Heb 11:1 - Show Context
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

There is no two meanings, this is what faith means. Trust and hope are characteristics of faith, not the meaning of faith.

I have faith, that the seat I sit on, will support my weight.

That is nonsense, you don't have faith for that reason. Nobody does.
You have faith in the teachings of Ayn Rand, but you cannot prove that her assertions are correct. You have faith in the words of evolutionists but you cannot prove that their assertions are correct. You only believe because you feel it is correct, backed up with some information.

And I agree faithfull Xians are blind to accept assertions which they can't prove.

We are all blind to something, but knowledge exists to certain points which give us reason to accept things we can't possibly know with our mundane senses. There is good reason to believe in God.

Jan Ardena.

There is no two meanings, this is what faith means.

I invite you to debate the meaning of faith in the thread I started; Faith Defined.

Back