Eye for an eye rule

nicholas1M7

Banned
Banned
Could be deemed the best way to handle personal enemies and shit-starters if proper judgement of equalization in punishment or lesson is established. This however tends to require that one take the time to consider the weight of the offense and gather evidence that can be measured in terms of harshness, as opposed to resorting only to subjective information.

Every countries laws should be fixed, a judge should not have the power
to give a certain time period in prison, once found guilty then every person convicted of that type of crime should have the same sentence.

Ie, premeditated murder = life, no chance of release.

Manslaughter = 10yrs

Whatever prejudged term is decided to fit the crime.

"if we all believed an eye for an eye was right, we would all be blind."

or something like that he said, (ghandi). but i think it depends if somebody does something to you then it might be just to inflict some personal karma on there ass.

then again forgiveness is a step forward,

peace.

Forgiveness, leniency or punishment that does not fit the crime is not the answer.

Forgiveness though sounding lofty etc only feeds perpetrators tendency to take unfair advantage repeating the cycle, harsh punishment that does not fit the crime also is counterproductive. Punishment should fit the crime.

but an eye for an eye is doing what they did to you back to them, and thats not always right, but equal and fair punishment is a good way to go,

using eye for an eye as it should be is not always right, if somebody shoots your kid it doesent mean you should shoot theres, you should shoot them instead, wich is more like eye for an ear,

peace.

but an eye for an eye is doing what they did to you back to them, and thats not always right, but equal and fair punishment is a good way to go,

using eye for an eye as it should be is not always right, if somebody shoots your kid it doesent mean you should shoot theres, you should shoot them instead, wich is more like eye for an ear,

peace.

No you should shoot the kid if you want to be fair.

Never start something, always finish it.

I think that's the same thing that the Hatfields and the McCoys thought.

It's also exactly what the militant Muslims think ...vigilantiism.

What's interesting about "an eye for an eye" is ....where and when does it stop? And who decides when to stop? If someone does something to you, and you return the "favor", what's to stop him from coming back on you using the same "eye for an eye" concept? See? It's virtually neverending.

I like the way the Saudis do it ...catch a guy stealing once, they cut off his hand. Catch him again, they cut off his other hand. If he steals again, they cut off his head.

Baron Max

I think that's the same thing that the Hatfields and the McCoys thought.

It's also exactly what the militant Muslims think ...vigilantiism.

What's interesting about "an eye for an eye" is ....where and when does it stop? And who decides when to stop? If someone does something to you, and you return the "favor", what's to stop him from coming back on you using the same "eye for an eye" concept? See? It's virtually neverending.

I like the way the Saudis do it ...catch a guy stealing once, they cut off his hand. Catch him again, they cut off his other hand. If he steals again, they cut off his head.

Baron Max

The eye for an eye law was intended to stop proliferation, it is the authorities
way to say to you, you do some thing bad and WE will do the same to you.

The eye for an eye law was intended to stop proliferation, it is the authorities way to say to you, you do some thing bad and WE will do the same to you.

That's not what the "authorities" say. There is a prescribed punishment for various acts of wrongdoing in each and every different modern society. I know of no "authority" which says "An eye for an eye", do you?

Baron Max

Do you honestly think killing an innocent kid solves anything. Most of us have done stupid things as a kid and turned out ok. If we punished people too harshly then we would deny people the ability to change. That is what I believe prisons purpose is to prevent additional crimes and turn the criminal back into a productive citizen.

Do you honestly think killing an innocent kid solves anything. Most of us have done stupid things as a kid and turned out ok. If we punished people too harshly then we would deny people the ability to change. That is what I believe prisons purpose is to prevent additional crimes and turn the criminal back into a productive citizen.

prisoners are most likely to re-offend than reform into model citizens, when you go to jail you meet up with many criminals and share much experience in the life of crime, you come out worse than when you went in, with alot more criminal contacts also,

the best way to reform somebody is to introduce them into an enviroment where people are all model citizens, because people naturaly adapt to the enviroment and surroundings at hand, the worst thing to do is shove them into an over crownded dingy prison with hundreds of other criminals,

(im not saying society can do what i just said though)

peace.

...the best way to reform somebody is to introduce them into an enviroment where people are all model citizens, ...

So we put murderers and rapists and pedophiles into peaceful, trusting societies/cities .....to reform them? ...or to punish the peaceful, trusting citizens?

Baron Max

So we put murderers and rapists and pedophiles into peaceful, trusting societies/cities .....to reform them? ...or to punish the peaceful, trusting citizens?

Baron Max

you obviously did not take into consideration the last sentence in that post you just quoted from.

peace.

Every countries laws should be fixed, a judge should not have the power
to give a certain time period in prison, once found guilty then every person convicted of that type of crime should have the same sentence.

Then you must admit that every man is exactly the same and that every murder (or other crime) is done with exactly the same intent for exactly the same reasons.

you obviously did not take into consideration the last sentence in that post you just quoted from.

Huh? So you post a stupid, idiotic solution to crime, then in one sentence, you negate all that you said previously??? ....LOL!!!!

That's why I didn't take it seriously .....no one on Earth would do such a thing! ....LOL!

Baron Max

Back