Existance of a higher power

Originally posted by DougrF
The burden of proof lies with both sides.
no it doesn't,
the one making the claim has to prove gods existence,

atheist doesnt claim God exists,
theists do,so let them prove it!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
since no one can prove the existence of god,isn't that proof enough it doesn't exist? ;)

Originally posted by Maia
Religions come, but do they go??? Though personally I don't believe in one, but once they come they seem to stick.

Just check out Hinduism and how long its been round. It's the oldest of the major religions. And in my opinion, the most tolerant and wise. Like an old wise man.

Of course, such tolerance can backfire. "Hindu" extremists...ugh...

Ask the mayans.

Originally posted by TheVisitor
You will never get that, that's not the way God works.
The realities of God are Hidden from the wise and prudent.

You ALWAYS do that!!

Please explain to me why there is no contradiction in that.

If the realities of God are hidden from the wise and prudent how could you possibly say that is NOT the way God works?
HOW DO YOU KNOW?

You are constantly saying how human minds are not capable of understanding the vasteness ond wonder and blah blah blah that is God.
We are merely humans.
We can't fathom his righteousness.
We couldn't ever possibly understand him.

First of all, even stating that "he can't be understood" is self contradictory because to make that statement you have to understand what he does and does not do.

Even allowing that contradiction...
You say all those things then turn around and say how benevolent and wise and wonderful and powerful and righteous and kind and forgiving and omniscient .....
He is.

If he is not fathomable.
If he is too big for us to understand at all...

How you you possibly know ANY OF THIS about him?

You swear no one can understand him, but you talk about him like you are old drinking buddies.

How can you NOT see the contradiction, hipocracy and self-serving selective ignorance inherent in that way of thinking??

Back