Excellent proof of creation

Originally posted by Zero
A day is one complete revolution of the earth (or the planet in question) round the sun.

If we revolve around the sun in one day, snowboarding season would only last a few hours!!!!!

Originally posted by Darwin Disciple
If we revolve around the sun in one day, snowboarding season would only last a few hours!!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: OMG!!!!! I fixed that.
*slaps self on the ___*

It is important to remember that evolution does not disprove the existance of God, or even the Christian God, but merely the Genesis account of Creation.

Q5. Does evolution deny the existence of God?

No. There is no reason to believe that God was not a guiding force behind evolution. While it does contradict some specific interpretations of God, especially ones requiring a literal interpretation of Genesis 1, few people have this narrow of a view of God.
There are many people who believe in the existence of God and in evolution. Common descent then describes the process used by God. Until the discovery of a test to separate chance and God this interpretation is a valid one within evolution.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-god.html

Last edited:
frogger,

Welcome to sciforums.

It is important to remember that evolution does not disprove the existance of God, or even the Christian God, but merely the Genesis account of Creation.
OK that's fine but it does require Christianity to change its story and I think to a point that it will lose all credibility.

If Genesis did not occur then the Adam and Eve account is equally false. If man evolved then wouldn't sin be just a matter of insufficient evolution? But if Adam and Eve weren't there to commit the original sin, which condemned humanity to pain, suffering and death, then there would be no basis for a savior, i.e. Jesus. Without Genesis the basis for Christianity evaporates.

Regarding Genesis, evolution, etc.

Hi Cris,

You said in reference to evolution and the Genesis account of creation:

it does require Christianity to change its story and I think to a point that it will lose all credibility.

This depends largely on one's approach to the message in Genesis and then how that is applied in contrast to the author's intent in conveying those messages. I think we really dishonor ourselves by playing along with those who wish to interpret the creation account as a scientific text. Genesis is useful in its own way, it gives us an amazing insight into the minds of an ancient generation of intelligent human beings. We have to keep in mind the processes it took to get us where we are now.

Conservative Christians have to deal with their own issues. If their faith is so weak that it requires belief in a literal 6- 24 hour days of creation, so be it, that is their issue and they do not necessarily reflect the sentiments and beliefs of all Christians. In fact a good number of Christians have absolutely no issue with evolution apart from the materialistic philosophy attached to it.

As for Adam and Eve, who knows, perhaps Adam and Eve were the first people.....the first people to be given an awareness, a spirit and a soul.

Re: Regarding Genesis, evolution, etc.

Originally posted by Bridge

As for Adam and Eve, who knows, perhaps Adam and Eve were the first people.....the first people to be given an awareness, a spirit and a soul.

Yes. According to "Christian evolution," there would have had to have been a first person(s) with a soul(s). So I guess we could classify the first person who had a soul (whoever he/she may have been) "Adam," "Eve," "Adam and Eve."

Back