Evolution - Yes it DID bloody well happen!

Originally posted by whatsupyall
but from all the working out, I evolved into a much stronger man
humans dont evolve (fact is we do, from conception to adulthood)
Evolution is defined as the change in allele frequency in a population over time. Working out and going through puberty are not a result of changing alleles -- and are therefore not examples of evolution.
CASE CLOSED, GOD EXISTS
And who are you, kind sir, to dictate when the "case" should be "closed?" Mmm?

- Warren

If you were in the court of law, you need to present evidence, AND IF YOU DONT, THEN YOU LOSED THE CASE...Period, now if you come up with the evidence in the future, EVEN ONE, then come back here and tell me all about it, THEN THE CASE WILL BE OPEN AGAIN, BUT SINCE YOU HAVE NOT ONE EVIDENCE, THEN AS OF NOW THE CASE IS CLOSED....

"At one point in time we had overwhelming support that the Earth was the center of the sun." -Counsler Coffee

I type so fast sometimes that I dont even know what I have typed... I am such a dumbass sometimes. :rolleyes: But I think you got the point. At one point in time we had overwhelming evidence that the earth was the center of the universe.

LOL, the big bang took place about some 15 billion years ago (as the theory, WHICH BY THE WAY YOU DONT LIKE TO CALL "SPECULATION" WHEN THE FACT IS IT IS). Earth CANNOT be 5 billion years oold in that case....

lmao! If you're going to argue against something, MM, at least have a basic understanding of what it is. The universe is 15 billion years old, but Earth is only about 4.6 billion years old. Ie. it was formed <i>after</i> the Big Bang. Please, for your own sake, I suggest you do a little more reading on what it is you are trying to disprove every day, it will help your arguements a lot.

If you were in the court of law, you need to present evidence, AND IF YOU DONT, THEN YOU LOSED THE CASE...Period, now if you come up with the evidence in the future, EVEN ONE, then come back here and tell me all about it, THEN THE CASE WILL BE OPEN AGAIN, BUT SINCE YOU HAVE NOT ONE EVIDENCE, THEN AS OF NOW THE CASE IS CLOSED....

Does this mean you'll finally stop subjecting us to this torture you call a debate? *hopes this case will never be opened again*

Whatsupall:

You slimy ..grrr.. You DID NOT address my correction of you stupid error in suggesting that evolution has occured for 15 billion years! YOU call me a lier when it is YOU who ignore my posts. Why do you insist on being so entirely hypocritical?! Answer my post in its entirety and I might give you some deserving respect!

Maybe if you continue to ignore my posts, ill be happy to vent some anger on you via-linguo.

"Even cells have intelligence. THATS A FACT. "

Maybe it is you who needs to produce evidence. I might even take it as evidence if you convince someone else on this forum that bacteria have intelligence. What is your definition of intelligence? How can you say a creature with no brain has intelligence? THAT is not a FACT.

"now if you come up with the evidence in the future"

Who are you to judge what is evidence?

Stop avoiding my points PLEASE!

Freenchy, I have answered that already, the theory is that the big bang took place some fifteen billion years ago, THATS HOW EARTH WAS FORMED, NOW THE PARTS TO MAKE UP THE EARTH ALREADY EXISTED THEN, SO HOW CAN YOU SAY EARTH IS 5 BILLION YEARS OLD?
AND FOR THE SAKE OF THE ARGUMENT, LET US JUST SAY THAT FAMOUS SCIENTIST "BELIEVE" AND HAVE FAITH THAT EARTH IS REALLY 5 BILLION YEARS OLD, THE BIG BANG THEORY WHICH TOOK PLACE SOME 15 BILLION YEARS AGO IS JUST A GUESS, AND A SPECULATION...OK FRENCHY...
LOL (U NOW TRYING TO DEBATE ABOUT SOMETHING THAT IS POINTLESS AND HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE EXISTENCE OF GOD, WHICH IS THE SIGN OF LOSING THE ARGUMENT).

IF BACTERIA DONT HAVE INTELLIGENCE, HOW THEN DOES IT DO ITS PURPOSE? AND I HAVE NO MORE REASON TO TALK ABOUT THIS FURTHER, BECAUSE A NORMAL HUMAN BEING WOULD KNOW THAT A BACTERIA OR A CELL,, HAVE INTELLIGENCE IN ORDER TO FUNCTION FOR ITS PURPOSE, EVEN IF THAT INTELLIGENCE IS SO LOW THAT WE CALL IT "INSTINCT", AND YOU MUST BE DELUSIONAL FOR DEBATING AGAINST THIS. I AM SORRY FRNECHY BUT I CANT HELP YOU IF YOU DONT HAVE COMMON SENSE...

WHOS DELUSIONAL NOW?

"THATS HOW EARTH WAS FORMED, NOW THE PARTS TO MAKE UP THE EARTH ALREADY EXISTED THEN, SO HOW CAN YOU SAY EARTH IS 5 BILLION YEARS OLD?"

No MM, French isn't done, you're the one who's done. You have no idea what you're talking about. None of the "parts" that make up the Earth existed right after the Big Bang. The raw materials that make up the Earth were formed inside stars and ejected when they went supernova. After a couple generations of stars enough material was present to form planets. So the Earth is 4.6 billion years old. ie. You're wrong.

"AND FOR THE SAKE OF THE ARGUMENT, LET US JUST SAY THAT FAMOUS SCIENTIST "BELIEVE" AND HAVE FAITH THAT EARTH IS REALLY 5 BILLION YEARS OLD"

You don't need faith when you've got hundreds of radiometric dating tests all confirming the Earth is indeed 4.6 billion years old. I will bet you $10,000 the Earth is not 15 billion years old.

"THE BIG BANG THEORY WHICH TOOK PLACE SOME 15 BILLION YEARS AGO IS JUST A GUESS, AND A SPECULATION"

Not really. It's actually based on a lot of observable evidence that we see today. Evidence such as the expansion of the universe, the cosmic background radiation and Earth's universe horizon. Go read a couple books on this MM, then I wouldn't have to explain it to you.

I spent half an hour trying to convince this hopefully hot girl from the midwest that evolution is real. She said that her science teacher who also *ahem* happens to be her mom told her that evolution wasn't real. She was religious. That seriously freaks me out.
In my biology class we were being taught about the differences betwwen the creation theory and the evolution theory and we had to do a repor on where we stood (not to be read by anyone but the teacher of course), graded on how well we backed up our opinions. It was on that day that i realized there were people who TRUELY believed god "created" earth in seven days. I was dumbfounded.

i dont think it was "supposed" to be in mine either. but i think it was fair that it was.. i mean.. it is an origin belief. He was a great teacher though. I failed every test and still passed with C. :)

Nightfall

we had to do a repor on where we stood (not to be read by anyone but the teacher of course), graded on how well we backed up our opinions

I'm sure your paper would have received the highest mark - that is, if you've been gleaning from the debates here at Sciforums. :D

no, it was in 10th grade. that was three years ago. I got high marks becuase i wore tight clothes. Thats how all the science teachers worked in my school.

"IF BACTERIA DONT HAVE INTELLIGENCE, HOW THEN DOES IT DO ITS PURPOSE? "

Bacteria don't have a "PURPOSE", and neither does the sun, which blatently obviously does not have intelligence.

What is your DEFINITION of intelligence?

"HOW CAN YOU SAY EARTH IS 5 BILLION YEARS OLD?"

If the parts for you existed 15 billion years ago, how can you say that you are less than 100 years old?

BECAUSE, part of earth's definition is "a big lump of rock" which obviously didn't exist 15 billion years ago. Define earth and you will realize how it didn't exist 15 billion years ago.

You're digging yourself quite a deep pit buttmunch.

Originally posted by Frencheneesz

Bacteria don't have a "PURPOSE", and neither does the sun, which blatently obviously does not have intelligence.

LOL, Sun doesnt have purpose? LOL...Last time I checked isnt it the sun that give's us light during the day? LOL..
Whoever said something that have purpose must have intelligence? I never said that; a chair's purpose is for you to sit, but that doesnt mean the chair have intelligence...Of course sun doesnt have intelligence..,Your changing topic...
We are talking about BIOLOGICAL PURPOSE, as is the topic from the beggining. Now cell's have intelligence, THEIR PURPOSE IS GUIDED BY THEIR INTELLIGENCE...

Originally posted by Frencheneesz

What is your DEFINITION of intelligence?

in·tel·li·gence ( P ) Pronunciation Key (n-tl-jns)
n.

1. a. The capacity to acquire and apply knowledge.
b. The faculty of thought and reason.
c. Superior powers of mind. See Synonyms at mind.
2. An intelligent, incorporeal being, especially an angel.
3. Information; news. See Synonyms at news.

4. a. Secret information, especially about an actual or potential
enemy.
b. An agency, staff, or office employed in gathering such
information.
c. Espionage agents, organizations, and activities considered
as a group: “Intelligence is nothing if not an
institutionalized black market in perishable commodities”
(John le Carré).

Now, the topic is biology, we know know FOR A FACT THAT BIOLOGICAL EXISTENCE DOES HAVE INTELLIGENTS...A fact..Cells, and bacterias adapt, they learn, as this is the evidence they use for evolution. That a bacteria can change form and adapt..Even plant cells have intelligence, even if the plants appeared not to move but the fact is it does move, some are really unrecognizable, some are faster, such as the carnivore plant where it eats flies and bees by trapping it and digesting it..
Now thats a fact...If you TRIED TO ARGUE THAT CELLS DONT HAVE INTELLIGENCE, THEN IM SORRY IF YOU DONT HAVE COMMON SENSE, THATS NOT MY FAULT....
Does rocks have intelligence? Are rocks in motion? I CANNOT CLEARLY DEFINE WHAT IS LIFE, NOONE CAN..HOWEVER I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT THE TOPIC WHICH IS BIOLOGIAL EXISTENCE HAVE INTELLIGENCE AND IT IOS EVIDENT, AS IT HAS PURPOSE, IN MOTIONS (something rocks dont do independently, or maybe they do).

LOL, Sun doesnt have purpose? LOL...Last time I checked isnt it the sun that give's us light during the day? LOL
do you think that the Sun is there just because to sustain your life?! :rolleyes: :D :D :D

puts whatsupyall in ignore list

Originally posted by Xelios

None of the "parts" that make up the Earth existed right after the Big Bang. The raw materials that make up the Earth were formed inside stars and ejected when they went supernova. After a couple generations of stars enough material was present to form planets. So the Earth is 4.6 billion years old. ie. You're wrong.

So wwere talking about 15 billion years ago. WERE YOOU THERE WHEN THIS TOOK PLACE? WAS THE SCIENTIST THERE? HAS THIS BEEN DDEMONSTRATED? CAN YOU SHOW IT? I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THE EVIDENCE OF THIS THEORY.
I can make my own theory too...Check this...The parts that make up the earth were formed inside the stars and was ejected like the pinball game, bouncing each other's planets then CHING CHING! Jackpot, it became earth. After a couple of generations of stars enough materials was present to form planets. SO THE EARTH IS 40 BILLION YEARS OLD....Thats my theory...

You don't need faith when you've got hundreds of radiometric dating tests all confirming the Earth is indeed 4.6 billion years old. I will bet you $10,000 the Earth is not 15 billion years old.

HUNDREDS OF TESTING ONLY? HAVE THE SCIENTIST TESTED EVERY SQUARE INCH OF THE EARTH'S SOIL? did they travel 1,000 miles under the sea and tested the soil down there too? DID THEY WENT UNDRGROOUND 1,000,000 MILES BELOW AND TESTED THE SOIL DOWN THERE TO? ONLY HUNDREDS? LOL...
THOSE ARE ALL SPECULATIONM AND THEORY, I DONT CARE IF EARTH IS 5 BILLION YEARS OLD, OR 400000 TRILLION YEARS OLD, EITHER WAY IT DOESNT MATTER TO ME, SCIENCE TEACHES BIG BANG TOOK PLACE 15 BILLION YEARS AGO.

IF THERES ANYTHING I CONFESS, I CONFESS THAT MY THEORY COONTRADICTORY TO SSCIENTIST THEORY, I SAY EARTH IS 15 BILLION YEARS OLD AND THE BIG BANG TOOK PLACE 6000000000 TRILLIONS YEARS AGO, AND THEY SAY EARTH IS 5 BILLION YRS AGO, WHOS RIGHT? WHOS WRONG? BOTH ARE THEORIES, THERES NOT ENOUGH EVIDENCE TO SAY EARTH IS REALLY 5 BILLION YEARS OLD...

Not really. It's actually based on a lot of observable evidence that we see today. Evidence such as the expansion of the universe, the cosmic background radiation and Earth's universe horizon. Go read a couple books on this MM, then I wouldn't have to explain it to you.

LOL, Like I was saying, EVEN BLACK HOLE CANNOT BE PROVEN TO BE A VACUUM, BUT SCIENTIST ARE ONLY SPECULATING IT IS, HOW DO I KNOW PLANETS DIDNT ENTER THERE BY THEIR OWN MOVEMENT AND WASNT SUCKED IN?\

HAVE SCIENTIST DEMONSTRATED THIS FACT? NO, THEREFORE IT IS CALLED "THE BLACKHOLE THEORY", AND I CAN MAKE MY OWN THEORY TOO....THATS EASY....

THATS WHY SCIENCE, HISTORY, GOD REQUIRES FAITH.....A FACT....

Xelios, and you dare say that Im done? lol....When pigs fly, then maybe, just maybe theres a chance I losed the debate...

Science needs faith as much as God needs faith. The teaching of scientific observation and study, such as medical field, etc. are good remedy. But the bible also teaches good physical health, maybe not as complete as science, but it does, from proper way of eating, not being lazy and exercise.
In fact the moral values taught by the church are good remedy for world's governing reasons as well...
BOTH OF THIS ARE PHYSICALLY PROVEN, SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN...
BUT BOTH ALSO REQUIRES FAITH, A FACT....

Whatsupall:

"Whoever said something that have purpose must have intelligence? "

You did. As I recall, you said:

"IF BACTERIA DONT HAVE INTELLIGENCE, HOW THEN DOES IT DO ITS PURPOSE? "

I may apply this to chairs by asking: "If chairs don't have intelligence, how then does it "do" its purpose?

Whats your answer to that?

"Last time I checked isnt it the sun that give's us light during the day? "

Why the hell does the sun need to have a purpose to give us light? It is purely coincidence. How about the other trillion stars in the universe? Is THEIR purpose to wait until we colonize the stars so they can GIVE US LIGHT? I think not.

"we know know FOR A FACT THAT BIOLOGICAL EXISTENCE DOES HAVE INTELLIGENTS...A fact..Cells, and bacterias adapt, they learn"

Hmm, no. The do adapt, yet if you look back into your own definition of intelligence, nowhere does it say "the ability to adapt".

"That a bacteria can change form and adapt."

Actually, bacteria cannot do that. Bacteria "adapt" by reproducing. The good forms survive while the bad forms die, its simple evolution.

"Does rocks have intelligence? Are rocks in motion? "
"Even plant cells have intelligence, even if the plants appeared not to move but the fact is it does move,"

Are you trying to say that something that moves is intelligent? Wind moves, is it intelligent? I think not.

Prove that movement and adaptation has anything to do with intelligence.

Back