Evolution, Dinosaurs and Genesis.. A New Take..

billvon,
IOW you're not interested in what it actually means, you just prefer to believe what you would like it to mean because it suits you.

In this case you believe whatever makes you happy. You're nothing but anti-God.

jan.

YOU are not interested in what it means. You prefer to believe an omnipotent god could not see to it that it was translated properly. YOU are the 1 who believes what you want to believe.

///////////////////////////

No 1 can be anti-god until some god gets up the courage to come out of hiding & show itself.

I am an atheist & I could provide a better argument for a recently created universe than the theories used by Creationists. Logic is not one of their best abilities.

My argument is based on the concept of god having created a mature Universe. This concept is as follows.

When god created the universe & the Garden of Eden, there were trees which appeared to be perhaps a hundred years old, even though they had just been created.

If you cut one down & polished the stump, you could count the tree rings & might decide that they indicated the age of the tree that had just been created.

Similarly, the mature universe contains all sorts of evidence of extreme age, even though it was recently created.

When created, there was light from distant stars created at the same time & indicating that it had been traveling for thousands/millions/billions of years.

If I believed in the mature Universe concept, I would choose to believe that it was created last week or perhaps when I was ten years old.

All this evidence does not indicate that the universe was created eons ago: It indicates that god is a practical joker. He & his heavenly host are chuckling about how he fooled the unbelieving scientists.

What a joke it would be if the gods created the universe just 3 years ago or last week or yesterday.

I find that once someone starts trying to redefine words to make their point, further discussion is pointless.

I believe that words mean things. You can believe whatever you like.

Which is why there's no point in having this discussion with him.

billvon,

I find that once someone starts trying to redefine words to make their point, further discussion is pointless.

I believe that words mean things. You can believe whatever you like.

What's to redefine?

Since when does; make, create, and, form, mean exactly the same thing?

Since when did using the original translated words, to broaden ones comprehension and understanding, become labelled as ''trying to redefine words''?

Are you afraid of comprehending the reality of Genesis?

Since when did the 1st & 2nd verses of Genesis ch2, not have anything to do with the whole chapter?

If what you believe is true, how could Cain have got married so quickly. And why did he build a city (not just a marital home, village, or town).

Why are you against trying to make sense of something? And why do you believe the nonsense? Is it because you want to?

I understand why you don't want to carry on this discussion. It's because you are hopelessly wrong, and you know it. Any further dialogue would just reveal your ignorance, and/or your agenda.

jan.

Back