Euthanizing the severely disabled?

Do you think people who are severely disabled should be euthanized?

• Yes, for anyone with a severe disability (physical and mental)

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Yes, but only for people with severe mental disabilities

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • No, but we should allow them the right to assisted suicide

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • No, and we should not allow them the right to assisted suicide

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Some other opinion

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters
Nonetheless, we can improve chances.

Eugenics may improve things in the short run but it could cause more problems than improvements in the long run. By allowing the select few people to breed you have a small gene pool. If you've looked at the world of purebred dogs you will see what can happen when a living being comes out of a small gene pool. That can produce anything from Cavalier King Charles Spaniels who have brains that are too large for their skulls to Boxers and Bernese Mtn. Dogs bein genetically predisposed to cancer. Small dogs often having slipped knee caps and large dogs often having hip dysplasia. That can happen to any species including humans if the gene pool is small enough.

I voted yes, for physical and mental, but I meant it only if they wanted it (so I guess I should have voted no, but we should allow assisted suicide)

I voted yes on euthanizing. Let me clarify that vote! Someone who is severely physically handicapped, bedridden lets say, as well as having little brain function, yes they should be euthanized. Does anyone remember "Soylent Green"? Assisted suicide should be legal as well. Suicide for those that don't need assistance should be legal as well, those that make it don't have to worry about going to jail or a psych facility.

If I don't have the right to choose to die, I don't have the right to choose to live.

Denying someone the right to suicide is the ultimate in selfishness & cowardice.

Back