Eternal punishment

Saint

Valued Senior Member
We are born as an imperfect being,
we are made by GOD (assuming creationism is true), He made us to be imperfect, therefore, why am I doomed in eternal hell for my wrong doings that are beyond my full control.

Saint said:
we are made by GOD (assuming creationism is true), He made us to be imperfect, therefore, why am I doomed in eternal hell for my wrong doings that are beyond my full control.

God made a way for you to avoid eternal punishment:

This is the most important question of your life.

The question is: Are you saved?

It is not a question of how good you are,
nor if you are a church member, but are you saved?

Are you sure you will go to Heaven when you die?

The reason some people don't know for sure if they
are going to Heaven when they die is because they
just don't know.

The good news is that you can know for sure that
you are going to Heaven.

The Holy Bible describes Heaven as a beautiful
place with no death, sorrow, sickness or pain.

God tells us in the Holy Bible how simple it is
to be saved so that we can live forever with Him
in Heaven.

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Over 2000 years ago God came from Heaven to earth
in the person of Jesus Christ to shed His blood
and die on a cross to pay our sin debt in full.

Jesus Christ was born in Israel supernaturally to
a virgin Jewish woman named Mary and lived a sinless
life for thirty-three years.

At the age of thirty-three Jesus was scourged and
had a crown of thorns pressed onto His head then
Jesus was crucified.

Three days after Jesus died on a cross and was
placed in a grave Jesus rose from the dead as Jesus
said would happen before Jesus died.

If someone tells you that they are going to die and
then three days later come back to life and it
actually happens then this person must be the
real deal.

Jesus Christ is the only person that ever lived a
perfect sinless life.

This is why Jesus is able to cover our sins(misdeeds)
with His own blood because Jesus is sinless.

The Holy Bible says,
Ephesians 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
If you would like God to forgive you of your sins just ask, Jesus Christ to be
your Lord and Saviour, and then start trying to not sin. If you do sin, ask God to forgive you and continue trying to not sin. {Try to not do anything that the New Testament calls a sin.}
The Bible says this:
1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Start reading the New Testament of the Bible to find out what God wants you to believe and do. [The King James version is the most accurate version of the bible, but it does have middle English or Old English in it.]
You can use a big dictionary if you have trouble with the old English.

It doesn't matter how old you are or how many bad
things that you have done in your life including
lying and stealing all the way up to murder.

Just pray the prayer below with your mouth and mean
it from your heart and God will hear you and save you.

Dear Jesus Christ, I want to be saved so that I can
have a home in Heaven with You when I die. I agree
with You that I am a sinner. I believe that You love
me and want to save me. I believe that You bled and
died on the cross to pay the penalty for my sins and
that You rose from the dead. Please forgive my sins
and come into my heart and be my Lord and Saviour.
Thanks Lord Jesus Christ for forgiving me and saving
me through Your merciful grace. Amen.

Welcome to the family of God if you just allowed God
to save you.

Now you are a real Christian and you can know for
sure that you will live in Heaven forever when this
life comes to an end.

As a child of God we are to avoid sin(wrongdoing),
but if you do sin the Holy Bible says,
1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
Start trying to not sin. If you do sin, ask God to forgive you and continue trying to not sin. {Try to not do anything that the New Testament calls a sin.}
The Bible says this:
1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Those of you that have not yet decided to place your
trust in the Lord Jesus Christ may never get another
chance to do so because you do not know when you
will die.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
This means that if you die without trusting in Jesus
Christ as your Lord and Saviour you will die in your
sins and be forever separated from the love of God in
a place called Hell.

The Holy Bible descibes Hell as a place of eternal
torment, suffering, pain and agony for all those who
have rejected Jesus Christ.

The good news is that you can avoid Hell by allowing
Jesus Christ to save you today. Only then will you
have true peace in your life knowing that no matter
what happens you are on your way to Heaven.

fuck jesus, it would be unjust to banish someone to eternal torment for the imperfections given by god. therefore, jesus and god would be unjust.

ghost7584 said:
God made a way for you to avoid eternal punishment:

just don't know.

you are going to Heaven.

"Knowing for sure" is arrogance...a sin. No one knows for sure, thats part of the faith.

There is insufficient evidence pointing to "bible is absolutely true".

Fundamentally, "believe and saved" is unjust, given the fact that we have more than 1 choice of religion.

Christianity originated from judaism, basically they worship the same God, but why do they diverge? A good reason is the God is False God.

cato said:
fuck jesus, it would be unjust to banish someone to eternal torment for the imperfections given by god. therefore, jesus and god would be unjust.

Luke 12:
9 But he that denieth me before men shall be denied before the angels of God.

[If you ever see a ufo stay away from it. That might help you to live longer.]

Saint said:

Saint, We are made imperfect: prone to sinning and evil. However, we have also been made capable of accepting God's grace and forgiveness and living a Christlike life. We will never deserve heaven (romans 3:23), but we can still be saved. God won't hold us to our sins but to whether or not we have repented for them and accepted God's forgiveness.

Be thankful!

what if those "imperfections" make us reject god? I reject christianity because I cannot reason my way to that conclusion. Since god supposedly gave my reason, how could I be punished for that?

God has not made it impossible.

I can only guess, but I would say that you are not putting enough effort in on your part.

Ozymandias said:
God has not made it impossible.

I can only guess, but I would say that you are not putting enough effort in on your part.

You can't prove God exist and you don't know God. How do you know he made it impossible? How do you know he is not putting enough effort in your part? You little book said, don't judge or you will be judged in the same measure.

Saint, We are made imperfect: prone to sinning and evil. However, we have also been made capable of accepting God's grace and forgiveness and living a Christlike life. We will never deserve heaven (romans 3:23), but we can still be saved. God won't hold us to our sins but to whether or not we have repented for them and accepted God's forgiveness.

in this case we are just the pawns on the chessboard played by God and Satan.

you're pawns of red (God) ro black (Satan) are not up to you to decide, you are passively decided by God's and Sata's wills.

this is the blatantly immoral part of X'tianity

The sad part about all this is that the christian god never really said anyhting about eternal punishment, only bad translators did.

[That said, I still think the bible is mostly bullocks, It's just that the original was a lot LESS STUPID than the current ones.]

cato said:
what if those "imperfections" make us reject god? I reject christianity because I cannot reason my way to that conclusion. Since god supposedly gave my reason, how could I be punished for that?

1 Corinthians 1:
21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

I accept Christianity because I did an experiment to test for the existence of God and got definite evidence from my experiment.

Some scientific reasons for the existence of God:

The laws of probability will tell you that this universe with all of its ordered complexity, could not have come into being by chance. To have that much order and complexity, the universe had to be designed by an intelligent creator. There is enough coded information in one human chromosome to
fill a small library of books. This had to be designed by an
intelligent creator.
The probability against that happening by chance is very
very high. It's like giving a chimpanzee a typewriter and letting him hit the keys at
random. The probability against his being able to type a small library full of books by hitting keys at random is so high that for all
practical purposes you can consider it impossible.
Because of this, there are some scientists and mathematicians who are forced to
believe in the existence of God by logic alone.
In order for a single cell to live, all of the parts of the cell must be assembled before life starts. This involves 60,000 proteins that are assembled in roughly 100 different combinations. The probability that these complex groupings of proteins could have happened just by chance is extremely small. It is about 1 chance in 10 to the 4,478,296 power. The probability of a living cell being assembled just by chance is so small, that you may as well consider it to be impossible. This means that the probability that the living cell is created by an intelligent creator, that designed it, is extremely large. The probability that God created the living cell is 10 to the 4,478,296 power to 1.
Example: 10 to the 6th power is one million, 10 to the 7th power is 10 million, 10 to the 8th power is 100 million, 10 to the 9th power is a billion; each time the power goes up by one, the number goes up by ten times as much. 10 to the 4,478,296 power, is a tremendously large number.
[The probability of this was calculated by Fred Hoyle, famous astronomer and mathematician.]
"Biochemical systems are exceedingly complex, so much so that the chance
of their being formed through random shufflings of simple organic
molecules is exceedingly minute, to a point indeed where it is
insensibly different from zero"
- Hoyle and Wickramasinghe, p.3

"No matter how large the environment one considers, lfe cannot have had
a random beginning. Troops of monkeys thundering away at random on
typewriters could not produce the works of Shakespeare, for the
practical reason that the whole observable universe is not large enough
to contain the necessary monkey hordes, the necessary typewriters, and
certainly the waste paper baskets required for the deposition of wrong
attempts. The same is true for living material"
Ibid., p.148

"The trouble is that there are about two thousand enzymes, and the
chance of obtaining them all in a random trial is one one part in
(10^20)^2000 = 10^40000, an outrageously small probability that could
not be faced even if the whole universe consisted of organic soup. If
one is not prejudiced either by social beliefs or by a scientific
training into the conviction that life originated on the Earth [by
chance or natural processes], this simple calculation wipes the idea
entirely out of court"
Ibid., p.24

"Any theory with a probability of being correct that is larger than one
part in 10^40000 must be judged superior to random shuffling. The
theory that life was assembled by an intelligence has, we believe, a
probability vastly higher than one part in 10^40000 of being the correct
explaination of the many curious facts discussed in previous chapters.
Indeed, such a theory is so obvious that one wonders why it is not
widely accepted as being self-evident. The reasons are psychological
rather than scientific."
Ibid., p.130

"All point mutations that have been studied on the molecular level turn
out to reduce the genetic information and not to increase it."
- Lee Spetner, "Not by Chance"(Brooklyn, New York: The Judaica
Press,Inc.) p.138

"It appears that the neo-darwinism hypothesis is insufficient to explain
some of the observations that were not available at the time the
paradigm took shape. ...One might ask why the neo-darwinian paradigm
does not weaken or disappear if it is at odds with critical factual
information. The reasons are not necessarily scientific ones but rather
may be rooted in human nature"
- Christian Schwabe "On the Validity of Molecular Evolution", Trends in
Biochemical Sciences, July 1986, p.282

Saint said:
in this case we are just the pawns on the chessboard played by God and Satan.

you're pawns of red (God) ro black (Satan) are not up to you to decide, you are passively decided by God's and Sata's wills.

this is the blatantly immoral part of X'tianity

Satan is actually God's buddy. If God is all powerful and really hate Satan, God can get rid of Satan at any time. Instead, God let Satan to hang around. That means God is using Satan is accomplish his agenda and is responsible for everything Satan did do. Also notice that Satan has actually gotten a lot bigger since he was defeated. Before he was an angel, now he is omnipresent and almost all powerful and take on the characteristic of God.

Saint said:
1.God did not create man imperfect, he created man in his own image – perfect and without sin.
2.man fell into sin by rebelling against god i.e. choosing to be apart from God (sin in latin means without)
3.the punishment (being apart from God) is mans own doing, it will be eternal only until we change our minds and decide to be with God again.
4.It is within your full control to be with God or not. We make choices every day one way or the other.
5.Although, we have been in this mess for so long now that it is not as simple as one day saying I choose to be with God and then it will happen the next hour. We have a huge amount of sin (bad karma) to pay for before we can get back to god (become enlightened).

Perfect man wouldn't fall, duh. So god is either A, imperfect, B, Sadistic, C, stupid, or D, Nonexistent.

Contemporary christianity is so dumb :\

[the original form may have been on to somehting, but still grossly wrong in large part]

“1 Corinthians 1:
21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.”

reason is foolishness? Why would god make us (some of us) unable to make a decision without using reason, and then expect us to make one of the most important decisions we could make without reason?

“The laws of probability will tell you that this universe with all of its ordered complexity, could not have come into being by chance.”

I guess you have never heard of the weak anthropic principal, it takes care of that problem.

“One might ask why the neo-darwinian paradigm
does not weaken or disappear if it is at odds with critical factual
information”
you are wrong, it is not at odds.

ghost7584: God made a way for you to avoid eternal punishment:

just don't know.

you are going to Heaven.

The Holy Bible describes Heaven as a beautiful
place with no death, sorrow, sickness or pain.

God tells us in the Holy Bible how simple it is
to be saved so that we can live forever with Him
in Heaven.

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Over 2000 years ago God came from Heaven to earth
in the person of Jesus Christ to shed His blood
and die on a cross to pay our sin debt in full.

Jesus Christ was born in Israel supernaturally to
a virgin Jewish woman named Mary and lived a sinless
life for thirty-three years.

At the age of thirty-three Jesus was scourged and
had a crown of thorns pressed onto His head then
Jesus was crucified.

Three days after Jesus died on a cross and was
placed in a grave Jesus rose from the dead as Jesus
said would happen before Jesus died.

If someone tells you that they are going to die and
then three days later come back to life and it
actually happens then this person must be the
real deal.

Jesus Christ is the only person that ever lived a
perfect sinless life.

This is why Jesus is able to cover our sins(misdeeds)
with His own blood because Jesus is sinless.

The Holy Bible says,
Ephesians 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
If you would like God to forgive you of your sins just ask, Jesus Christ to be
your Lord and Saviour, and then start trying to not sin. If you do sin, ask God to forgive you and continue trying to not sin. {Try to not do anything that the New Testament calls a sin.}
The Bible says this:
Start reading the New Testament of the Bible to find out what God wants you to believe and do. [The King James version is the most accurate version of the bible, but it does have middle English or Old English in it.]
You can use a big dictionary if you have trouble with the old English.

It doesn't matter how old you are or how many bad
things that you have done in your life including
lying and stealing all the way up to murder.

Just pray the prayer below with your mouth and mean
it from your heart and God will hear you and save you.

Dear Jesus Christ, I want to be saved so that I can
have a home in Heaven with You when I die. I agree
with You that I am a sinner. I believe that You love
me and want to save me. I believe that You bled and
died on the cross to pay the penalty for my sins and
that You rose from the dead. Please forgive my sins
and come into my heart and be my Lord and Saviour.
Thanks Lord Jesus Christ for forgiving me and saving
me through Your merciful grace. Amen.

Welcome to the family of God if you just allowed God
to save you.

Now you are a real Christian and you can know for
sure that you will live in Heaven forever when this
life comes to an end.

As a child of God we are to avoid sin(wrongdoing),
but if you do sin the Holy Bible says,
1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
Start trying to not sin. If you do sin, ask God to forgive you and continue trying to not sin. {Try to not do anything that the New Testament calls a sin.}
The Bible says this:
Those of you that have not yet decided to place your
trust in the Lord Jesus Christ may never get another
chance to do so because you do not know when you
will die.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
This means that if you die without trusting in Jesus
Christ as your Lord and Saviour you will die in your
sins and be forever separated from the love of God in
a place called Hell.

The Holy Bible descibes Hell as a place of eternal
torment, suffering, pain and agony for all those who
have rejected Jesus Christ.

The good news is that you can avoid Hell by allowing
Jesus Christ to save you today. Only then will you
have true peace in your life knowing that no matter
what happens you are on your way to Heaven.
M*W: You are "preaching" which is against forum rules.

An "ETERNAL" punishment doesn't exist. Eternal means a time which feels very long (as an "eternity"). It's a saying. The number 40 means eternity in the Bible. Also, a "thousand" years doesn't have to mean >1000< years.

But why do people have to suffer like this? So that we would learn from past mistakes so that we wouldn't do mistakes in the future. When we do something wrong, we suffer and this leads us closer to perfection. Evil is as necessary as good. Without evil, no one would know what good is.

Back