Elective caesarean sections

sorry my mestake

And i am sorry to here about your epidural going bad. Both my parents have had one, mum 3 times when we were born and dad twice when his hips were replaced and they both speak very highly of them. Guess anything can go wrong some of the time. Actually dad told me he was freaking out when they gave mum her first one with me because it was such a new procidure

sorry my mestake

And i am sorry to here about your epidural going bad. Both my parents have had one, mum 3 times when we were born and dad twice when his hips were replaced and they both speak very highly of them. Guess anything can go wrong some of the time. Actually dad told me he was freaking out when they gave mum her first one with me because it was such a new procidure

Heh.. that needle would scare any sane individual. Let alone when they are trying to do it quickly between the contractions and the orders of "don't move.. it's going in your spine"..

yea and dad had a degree in A and P so he KNEW what would happen if it went wrong. Out of interest what were the post opertative procidures you had after having the epidural?

Mum was saying after her first one she had to lay still for 48 hours without moving her head because they didnt know what would happen. As i said new procidure (i was born 25 years ago after all)

Bells, thanks for the story. I remember reading your sufferings a few months ago, sorry to hear that...
The sad aspect of C-sections is that doctors are affraid of being sued, thus if there is just anything little going not by the book, they opt for the surgery, thus they can not be hold responsible for not trying the best....

yea and dad had a degree in A and P so he KNEW what would happen if it went wrong. Out of interest what were the post opertative procidures you had after having the epidural?

Mum was saying after her first one she had to lay still for 48 hours without moving her head because they didnt know what would happen. As i said new procidure (i was born 25 years ago after all)

They removed the drip and I was told to keep moving my legs around as much as I could (eg moving the feet around) as soon as I could. I was up, walking (very slowly) and in the shower first thing the next morning. I remember being a bit wobbly in the first 20 mins of being on my feet and had to sit down in the shower for a bit, but I was fine to be honest. By the time I came out of the shower I didn't feel as wobbly and felt much stronger. Unlike the c-section.

The sad aspect of C-sections is that doctors are affraid of being sued, thus if there is just anything little going not by the book, they opt for the surgery, thus they can not be hold responsible for not trying the best....
That's another issue as well. Those who opt for surgery without due cause could end up causing more damage and being sued for much more in the long run. I have heard of some doctors who view a c-section as being easier and shorter and during business hours.

so if they are riskier for the baby, why would a doctor ever allow a mother to have an elective one?

HELL NO

read up but that doesnt change the fact that if you asked for one and the doctor refused and something did go wrong then he would be afraid of being sued

If something went wrong either way he would be sued. ??? He wouldn't be sued because she asked for a c-section and something went wrong on the vaginal birth. He would be sued for something going wrong.

so if they are riskier for the baby, why would a doctor ever allow a mother to have an elective one?

Because the insurance might view it as a needed procedure. The doctors just covering their asses....

Let's say there is a small complication with the normal birth that is known to cause trouble 1% of the time. Most people still would take that chance and go ahead with normal birth. But let's say shit happens, the insurance company can hold the doctor responsible and rise his/her fees (or the mother suing), because he/she didn't go the C-section way even though that one has other kind of complications. It is the sad state of everybody is trying to get money...

Back