Dutch HIV Sex Party (HIV used as a bioweapon)

Unbelievable, these guys were convicted and one guy got 5 years, the other 9. What is up with the European justice system? This is an outrage.
AMSTERDAM, Netherlands (AP) - A Dutch court convicted two men Wednesday for attempting to infect 14 victims with HIV in a bizarre sex case.

The Groningen District Court found the two guilty of severe assault for injecting semiconscious men with HIV-infected blood at sex parties between January 2006 and May 2007.

Peter M., 49, who was also convicted of rape, was sentenced to nine years in prison and Hans J., 39, received a five-year sentence. Under Dutch privacy laws, the surnames of convicted criminals are not released http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D94DL3201&show_article=1

Unbelievable, these guys were convicted and one guy got 5 years, the other 9. What is up with the European justice system? This is an outrage.

Well, Mad, it's not just the European justice system, the US as well as other countries of the world sometimes result in "outrageous" sentences.

I attribute it to the overly mamby-pamby liberal attitudes about crime and criminals and people. People, especially overly liberal, just don't want to believe that a person can do such horrid crimes - they want to think that something "else" forced/caused them to do it. People just don't want to believe that some people are just plain evil. So that's reflected in the justice system as well.

Baron Max

Well, Mad, it's not just the European justice system, the US as well as other countries of the world sometimes result in "outrageous" sentences.

I attribute it to the overly mamby-pamby liberal attitudes about crime and criminals and people. People, especially overly liberal, just don't want to believe that a person can do such horrid crimes - they want to think that something "else" forced/caused them to do it. People just don't want to believe that some people are just plain evil. So that's reflected in the justice system as well.

Baron Max
I doubt any US court would sentence someone to a mere 5 years for drugging someone, raping them, and then injecting them with HIV blood. Especially in light of the fact that the victims subsequently tested positive for HIV (big surprise). I do agree that this sort of thing is the result of liberalism gone bananas. But, perhaps one of our European friends could enlighten us.

It was interesting that the article said the prosecution was appealing the light sentence. That's something that can't be done in the US.

Back