Does Your 'God' Have A Sense Of Humour??

duendy

Registered Senior Member
HI....i have discussed at these forums with various people of the Judaic Christian persuasion............Recewntly i have been informed that people are gonna be flung into a 'Lake of Fire' for.......well, for EVER, actually.....

those destined for such a charming err bath, are homosexuals. males, whose only 'sin' in the eyes of teir 'God' is wanting to love each other in an intimate way

But also will be peoplewho refuse to believe in 'God' and his laws..

Now, myquestion issss, do ALL te Cristians here, andmaybe Muslims too, if any is listnin.......do ALL of you believe this, about the Lake of Fire?

And regarding te subject of this thread, do you believe your 'God' has a sense of humour? or do you believe havind a sense of humour is a sin?

leopold99 said:
sorry duendy i just had to.
I LOOK FIERCLY UPONYOUR COUNTEANCE AND SEEEE MAN FUUUUL OF SIN!!!!!!>>>>>>YOU DAAAAARE SPEAK OF ME LIKE SO< AND EXPECT MEEEEERCY BOOY> INTOOO TH E LAAAKE OF FIIIIIRE YOU GO.......

but seriously. it showsya have a sense of humour. good. are u a Cristian? an atheist? what? what do ypu think of my original query?

i'm a skeptic (whatever that means), i was raised in a religious environment but as far as god goes i don't know. i am not an atheist because atheists absolutly do not believe in a god (as if they have proof). in short i'm flipping my lips and pulling my hair out in a straight jacket banging my head against the wall in a padded cell. answer your question?

leopold99 said:
i'm a skeptic (whatever that means), i was raised in a religious environment but as far as god goes i don't know. i am not an atheist because atheists absolutly do not believe in a god (as if they have proof). in short i'm flipping my lips and pulling my hair out in a straight jacket banging my head against the wall in a padded cell. answer your question?
yes and i will come and give you fruit...TOLD you to get involved wid those fukin shrinks didn't I....?

notice not a ONE Christian has happened upon this thread yet.....? whats that say to you...?

I find that Christians may have a sense of humor, just not about their religion (or more specifically, about their god).

I think of myself as, well, let's see if there's a label for it. I don't know if there is a god or gods. I see no evidence, and most things can be explained through science, so the odds are against the deities. If there is a god, he or she has no more interest in the human race than we have in the turd we just flushed down the toilet. If the truth lies in creationism or intelligent design, we have been left to fend for ourselves, and I think most of us would do all right if we'd quit clinging so desperately to our holy security blankets and get up on our own two feet.

That's not to say that I don't throw a prayer out every now and then, and I've seen some strange coincidences happen around those prayers (not all, just some), but ultimately I know that my prayers are just a way of finding inner strength to face the challenge that caused me to pray in the first place.

duendy said:
HI....i have discussed at these forums with various people of the Judaic Christian persuasion............Recewntly i have been informed that people are gonna be flung into a 'Lake of Fire' for.......well, for EVER, .... or do you believe havind a sense of humour is a sin?

The mind that we call “Life” is the “Supreme Comedy.” (Look it up in a blog search) When its laughter hits it can literally kill you, the mind, ego, with the Laughter of Unfathomable BLISS.
For most of us the punch-line for this Supreme Comedy is death. But a few survive this lethal- laughter and live to talk about it.
It happened to Buddha.

In the East they call this lethal-laughter Kundalini , the West it is the Holy Spirit, and doctors call it every mental-disease in the books.
So who needs a god or even death for the “thought of death” to kill you with this laughter?

genep That almost sounds like:

Some things in life are bad,
They can really make you mad,
Other things just make you swear and curse,
When you're chewing life's gristle,
Don't grumble,
Give a whistle
And this'll help things turn out for the best.
And...

Always look on the bright side of life.
[whistle]
Always look on the light side of life.
[whistle]

If life seems jolly rotten,
There's something you've forgotten,
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
When you're feeling in the dumps,
Don't be silly chumps.
Just purse your lips and whistle.
That's the thing.
And...

[whistle]
Always look on the right side of life,
[whistle]

For life is quite absurd
And death's the final word.
You must always face the curtain with a bow.
Forget about your sin.
Give the audience a grin.
Enjoy it. It's your last chance, anyhow.
So,...

Always look on the bright side of death,
[whistle]
Just before you draw your terminal breath.
[whistle]

Life's a piece of shit,
When you look at it.
Life's a laugh and death's a joke it's true.
You'll see it's all a show.
Keep 'em laughing as you go.
Just remember that the last laugh is on you.
And...

Always look on the right side of life.
[whistle]

Always look on the bright side of life!
[whistle]
[whistle]
[whistle]
[whistle]
[whistle]
[whistle]
[whistle]
[whistle]

genep said:
The mind that we call “Life” is the “Supreme Comedy.” (Look it up in a blog search) When its laughter hits it can literally kill you, the mind, ego, with the Laughter of Unfathomable BLISS.
For most of us the punch-line for this Supreme Comedy is death. But a few survive this lethal- laughter and live to talk about it.
It happened to Buddha.

me))))))you mean The Laughing Buddha...alan Watts prefered that version and so do I. But please ten explain hy it is that some schools? claim Buddha never even lghed, and thepopular notion of Buddha is him being quite sombre and interior/meditative?..........Alos, Ganep, i am not sure if you have had psychedelic experience?......one of THE main feelings one can have even as onenbecomes bemushroomed isthis ecstatic feeling of bubbling joy......and sometimes you can laugh so much you feel you will die.......you can, or i have, both see straight to the bone of tings/events, even serious events and yet still feel tis intense joy which doesn't in any way cancel out empathymand compassion, and intense seriousness, etc

In the East they call this lethal-laughter Kundalini , the West it is the Holy Spirit, and doctors call it every mental-disease in the books.
So who needs a god or even death for the “thought of death” to kill you with this laughter?
so i wonder how come te Christians and maybe the fundamentalist Muslims see rtheir 'God' as SO serious? so much so he will fling 'sinners' into a 'Lake of Fire'......is that some kind of sck joke?

Here is the Answer you've been waiting for!!

Then Abraham fell upon his face, and aaughed, and said in his heart, Shall a child be born unto him that is an hundred years old? and shall Sarah, that is ninety years old, bear?
Gen. 17: 17

This parts funny...

And the LORD said unto Abraham, Wherefore did Sarah alaugh, saying, Shall I of a surety bear a child, which am old?

Is any thing too hard for the LORD? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son.

it's funny cause Sarah tries to act like she didn't laugh

Then Sarah denied, saying, I laughed not; for she was afraid.
And he said, Nay; but thou didst laugh.
Gen 18:13-15

Then Isaac was born and named such, because in the Hebrew toungue his name means laughter.

And Sarah said, God hath made me to laugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me.
Gen 21:3

leopold99 said:
Similar to this I am. Whilst I do not believe in Christianity's god, I believe that at some point there could have been a divine creator, before the Big Bang. I say "could", because there is an equal chance that there wasn't. I will not lean officially either way, but I am essentially a deist with agnostic tendencies.

From my personal experience, I have found that God indeed has a sense of humor. I remember the first time I ever made Him chuckle, I was quite shocked...it was something I just never expected to hear from Him. I can't remember what it was that I said to Him that initiated such a response, but I have definately come to know that God is not the condemning prude that many religious people would have you believe. I think that many religious people just want you to think that He is, in order to justify the fact that they themselves are a bunch of condemning prudes.

Jesus is all about light, so lighten up already!

God has made me laugh many times...many times when I really needed something to laugh about...in the midst of sorrow or trouble. And the fact is that if God can put up with a shithead like me, He's got to have a good sense of humor...plain and simple.

Peace.

If you have actually heard a voice in your head "chuckle", then it is time to see a psychiatrist, because you obviously are schizofrenic.

Oh blah, blah, blah...for God's sake could you think of something new????? You're so tired.

Hey Lori_7, so you are a Christian then......You seem to believe your 'God' has a sense of humour, right? so whats with the hell thing then---the 'Lake of Fire', at someothers'callin themselves' Christians are warning others against

Do yoou believe in A lake of fire?...in ahell of everlasting punishment?

Hapsburg said:
If you have actually heard a voice in your head "chuckle", then it is time to see a psychiatrist, because you obviously are schizofrenic.
M*W: GRITS salute your flag.

Can't you see that the threat of "lake of fire" is manipulative tool.

Do as I say, or burn in hell for eternity.

It's resemblance of; Love me or burn.

Does god have a sense of humor?

Whell he did throw a curve at evolutionists. The platypus would have freaked the hell out of Darwin.

Godless

Back