Does one feel a bullet to the head?

but wouldn’t a patient being conscious create certain difficulties? I wonder what could happen to cause further damage during such an operation.
Oh, it creates a lot of difficulties - anxiety, difficulty with pain control etc etc. But it's still better than the patient waking up after the surgery unable to see because they got too close to a vision center.

That would make sense, I don’t happen to know much about invasive brain surgery or how it’s performed, but wouldn’t a patient being conscious create certain difficulties? I wonder what could happen to cause further damage during such an operation.

I saw a few brain operations as a Registered Nurse

The patients head is generally firmly clamped and the body relatively free

The patient is well able to move and respond to requests

Miss it

:)

I saw a few brain operations as a Registered Nurse

The patients head is generally firmly clamped and the body relatively free

The patient is well able to move and respond to requests

Miss it

:)
What a fascinating experience that must be.

There was news just recently, of a person playing the guitar while his brain was worked on. Pain not in the brain but perhaps from the surface wounds? suppressed for the operation?
I knocked myself out once, hitting my head on concrete, falling off my roof, much slower than a bullet, no pain, no memory of the fall, of the preceding cause even.

There was news just recently, of a person playing the guitar while his brain was worked on. Pain not in the brain but perhaps from the surface wounds?
I knocked myself out once, hitting my head on concrete, falling off my roof, much slower than a bullet, no pain, no memory of the fall, of the preceding cause even.
The brain itself has no touch or pain sensors (why would it?)

Whacking one's head has a way of interfering with the recording of the most recent experiences.
The transcription from experience to memory takes a non-zero length of time, so if something goes awry that interferes with the process, the memory may not get laid down.
Think of unplugging your hard drive a fraction of a second after hitting the Save button.

Whacking one's head has a way of interfering with the recording of the most recent experiences.
Should not a bullet entering your skull give you a jolt equal to the recoil, before short circuiting , and then scramble all your grey matter before conscience could register?

Back