Does God Love Us?

Originally posted by Cris
Jenyar,

That something can die doesn't mean that it must die.

Nature is a largely random, undirected, and indifferent process. We are introducing direction and order, and death is on our list to defeat.
On that I agree.

Originally posted by ILikeSalt
Maybe God created evil... and the devil could make evil.. or maybe God doesn't exist... my own personal inner struggle.

Or maybe God does exist and He didn't create evil.
End of inner struggle. :p

Love

Jan Ardena.

Originally posted by Jenyar
You have a warped idea of death. As I've said, anything that can live can die - it's part of the package. Medical science (AKA 'all the king's men') in all their glory will never be able to put Humpty Dumpty back together again after his tragic fall.

Immortality is at our fingertips right now. The length of the telomere on the gene determines how long we will live. It involves an enzyme called telomerase. This longer telomere determines factors such as heart disease, diabetes, atherosclerosis, etc. It is the key to immortality and it is being researched right now.

"All the king's men" couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again because this was referring to a king, possibly Henry the Eighth, the House of Tudor, when it fell.

I was hoping for some imagination.

Tell me, will a person with this lengthy telomere still be alive after he was hit by a train?

Then he is not immortal.

Re: I was hoping for some imagination.

Tell me, will a person with this lengthy telomere still be alive after he was hit by a train?

Then he is not immortal.

Of course not! Why do you want to make fun of everything I have to say? It's GENETIC. It has nothing to do with fate. Why don't you just look up the science of the telomere. Under a microscope, the telomeres can be observed for their length. Some people may be genetically predisposed to short telomeres and others more lucky may have longer telomeres. It foretells the potentiality of onset of disease. The longer the telomere, the healthier the individual. It's genetic, not occult as you would try to imply. I gave you credit for being more intelligent than you appear.

The issue is whether we can conquer death. Not genetic decay. God defintely did not save us from genetic decay, but He did save us from death.

The issue is whether we can conquer death. Not genetic decay. God defintely did not save us from genetic decay, but He did save us from death.

The human being was created divine to evolve toward perfection. (This has nothing to do with "original sin). As we evolved, our lives became longer, our lifestyles became healthier (more conducive to better survival). We lived longer. Now here we are. "Genetic decay" has been significantly delayed from that of our forebears. We are on the scientific forefront of conquering physical death (genetic decay). There has not been, is not now, and never will be "death" to the spirit--the alpha-omega. In time (maybe millenia, we don't know), the human being will not experience physical demise.

Originally posted by Medicine*Woman
The human being was created divine to evolve toward perfection. ...
But you believe we are God ourselves. What was there to create us, and why limit Himself so?

Originally posted by Mephura
But can there really be light without the darkness?

But can there really be something small without the larger?

But can there really be something cold without the hot?

But can there really be something smooth without the rough?

(Crap)

Nature is a largely random, undirected, and indifferent process. We are introducing direction and order,

May you please list ONE area where we have placed a new direction and order on nature. In specific, please enlighten us in the areas of seizemic, meteorology, cosmotology, water resources, ect. Aside from the limited knowledge that we have gained in these areas, what have we done so far to ACTUALLY disperse a tornado, move a planet out of it's course to another orbit, cause more rainfall, improve our deteriorated air quality, stop an earthquake from happening, stop a tidal wave, ect... What have we done to nature apart from merely reacting to it a bit better and randomly destroying our local environment. What have we done to the water resource in our planet aside from building dams to hold some of it back until we are ready for the rest.

Cris, you don't seem to get the fundemental idea that we are limited to finite resources on this earth. No other tiny earth have oil, iron, water, ect....Our source of iron and metals is limited, Our energy sources are limited, ect.... We WILL NEVER be able to change NATURE in any significant manner, because our resources are insignificant to the power of the universe.

and death is on our list to defeat.

Too bad, you won't personally defeat it. You also won't be around to celebrate the fact when gazillionth of years later someone have defeated it. What type of other useless and pointless points of view do you uphold so dear to you?

The human being was created divine to evolve toward perfection. (This has nothing to do with "original sin). As we evolved, our lives became longer, our lifestyles became healthier (more conducive to better survival). We lived longer.

I'm afraid MW that you are a bit off in your analysis of our evolution. Humans have not evolved physically to be better than our forefather. We have only grown to understand our surroundings better and we have learned how to deal more effectively with them. Humans have learned how to cohabitat effectively and that have nothing to do with a physical evolution.

A small test to the problems in your theory is the following. If we took a new born child today and placed it out of it's environment where it had no contact with civilization and others. Would you expect that person to be different than our fathers...Would you expect that person to know already all the state of the art technologies? Not really, that person IF SURVIVED, would more like represent the cave man than us. We have no evolved to be stronger or better, we merely learned more about our environment and are using our collective experience to protect ourselves from the unknown powers of nature.

Now here we are. "Genetic decay" has been significantly delayed from that of our forebears. We are on the scientific forefront of conquering physical death (genetic decay).

Fifty years is by no means a significant delay. In addition, these years that have been delayed are non functional years of the human life. Our elderly are not living...They are merely preserved like fragile spider webs that will one day collapse.

The human being will not experience physical demise.
That will be a disaster. Death is extremely beneficial in cleansing the population and allowing for new generation that are equipped to deal better to take over. If death ceased to exist in our little tiny planet, you can be rest assured that people would start killing each other to establish some sort of balance. Death is mercy and order of nature from god...but the unwise selfish souls will always cling to the material things, because that's all they know. God or universal power have the insight and mercy to observe the humans point of incompetence againest their environment and place an end to humans physical life before the deadly point is reached.

Originally posted by Flores
I'm afraid MW that you are a bit off in your analysis of our evolution. Humans have not evolved physically to be better than our forefather. We have only grown to understand our surroundings better and we have learned how to deal more effectively with them. Humans have learned how to cohabitat effectively and that have nothing to do with a physical evolution.
----------
M*W: I was referring to the lengthening of our lifespan due to improved healthcare, disease prevention, diet, lifestyle (except those unhealthy lifestyles of poor diet, lack of exercise, stress, etc.). We do live longer than our ancestors, and we've grown bigger.
----------
A small test to the problems in your theory is the following. If we took a new born child today and placed it out of it's environment where it had no contact with civilization and others. Would you expect that person to be different than our fathers...Would you expect that person to know already all the state of the art technologies? Not really, that person IF SURVIVED, would more like represent the cave man than us. We have no evolved to be stronger or better, we merely learned more about our environment and are using our collective experience to protect ourselves from the unknown powers of nature.
----------
M*W: A human infant is more delicate and unable to help himself unlike his baby animal friends. They're pretty well on their own right after birth. A human baby wouldn't survive, but if he did, he wouldn't know anything about his world.
----------
Fifty years is by no means a significant delay. In addition, these years that have been delayed are non functional years of the human life. Our elderly are not living...They are merely preserved like fragile spider webs that will one day collapse.
----------
M*W: In 50 years, not much about the human physical condition has changed... but, people ARE living longer. There are now cures for certain diseases that we didn't have 50 years ago--smallpox and polio for two. The elderly are more active today than they were 50 years ago. But, like you said, 50 years is not significant compared to the entirety of human evolution. I was referring more to the distant future than circumstances today or in the next 50 years. However, science and technology ARE moving forward more rapidly than the human being is evolving. I heard statistics that the past 100 years is comparable to the past 22,000 years as far as the advancement of technology goes. Don't ask me to explain this, because I didn't come up with these statistics. If the human being doesn't keep up with this technology, it will replace us.
----------
That will be a disaster. Death is extremely beneficial in cleansing the population and allowing for new generation that are equipped to deal better to take over. If death ceased to exist in our little tiny planet, you can be rest assured that people would start killing each other to establish some sort of balance. Death is mercy and order of nature from god...but the unwise selfish souls will always cling to the material things, because that's all they know. God or universal power have the insight and mercy to observe the humans point of incompetence againest their environment and place an end to humans physical life before the deadly point is reached.
----------
M*W: Genetic decay has served a purpose on our planet. It does cleanse the population as you said. There will come a time in the not too distant future where science will find the "fountain of youth." That's figuratively speaking. I have brought this up before, the telomere, when I was involved in stem cell research, we studied the telomere's length. Much has been written about this, so it wouldn't be too hard to find on PubMed or Medline, so I won't go into it in any detail here. But there WILL come a time soon enough that genetic decay will be postponed for many years. It may or may not be in our lifetime. I don't know. Science is making great strides in anti-aging, stem cell transplantation and regeneration, etc. But it WILL come to the forefront in its on good time. Now that brings us to the spiritual question. So when our bodies are living longer, how does this affect the spirit within us? It doesn't. Our spirit is always the same--never ending, never beginning, always circulating through the human race. You may think that our little planet would be overrun with people, but I don't think so. Evolutionary biology will accommodate for time and space and matter. When that time comes, the human will be more evolved physically to accommodate a longer lifespan. I don't think its anything we need to be concerned about. Nature has a way of taking care of its own. Essentially, we are not talking about "death" per se. We're only talking about genetic decay. I don't believe in "death" anyway. There's a transition that occurs with advanced genetic decay, but there is no change to the spirit that once occupied the body. I know you were talking about life and death, but I believe nature will make perfect accommodations when that time comes. I hope I've answered your questions.

M*W: I was referring to the lengthening of our lifespan due to improved healthcare, disease prevention, diet, lifestyle (except those unhealthy lifestyles of poor diet, lack of exercise, stress, etc.). We do live longer than our ancestors, and we've grown bigger.

I agree, and many animals do enjoy such "optimum environmental conditions" that have improved the quality of life of these animals. For example, rats and cocoroaches stand a way better chance of survival in much bigger numbers with lengthened life spans than tigers and bears for instance, but these advancements could easily be reversed if the environmental conditions change. For example, another ice age, which is not totally improssible, could erradicate the human species, and thus make you and Cris talk completely irrelevant. Yo

----------
M*W: A human infant is more delicate and unable to help himself unlike his baby animal friends. They're pretty well on their own right after birth. A human baby wouldn't survive, but if he did, he wouldn't know anything about his world.
----------

So is the human species in general. We are vulnerable to a great extent and if it wasn't for our optimum environmental conditions we wouldn't be here. Think ice ages, Global warming, ect... that could eradicate life as we know it.

----------
M*W: In 50 years, not much about the human physical condition has changed... but, people ARE living longer. There are now cures for certain diseases that we didn't have 50 years ago--

Yet, a tiny pinch to our nervous system can immediately kill us. A reverse in blood flow can kill us. Heat kills us, cold kills us, lack of oxygen kills us, too much oxygen kills us, lack of sleep kills us, a two spoonfull of waters in our lungs can kill us. We may have defied tiny little viruses that are ever accomodating to the environment, and we remain as vulnerable as we have ever been.

However, science and technology ARE moving forward more rapidly than the human being is evolving. I heard statistics that the past 100 years is comparable to the past 22,000 years as far as the advancement of technology goes. Don't ask me to explain this, because I didn't come up with these statistics. If the human being doesn't keep up with this technology, it will replace us.

Now you are sounding just like Cris. What technologies are you talking about and how do you measure the benefits of these technologies relative to this universe.? Having more cars and pollution is a plight not an advancement. Having cell phones doesn't make it in my book of advancement, specially when we all tremble at the thought of a natural disaster or a nuclear bomb. What good are these technologies if they are not allocated properly. How can you equate 100 years to 22,000 years? Perhpas it was the conservation techniques of our land that have been observed in the last 22,000 years that have allowed for our leap. Perhpas we are ruining things so bad in our consumerist life styles that we are eradicating our futures with every breath we take.

----------
M*W: Genetic decay has served a purpose on our planet. It does cleanse the population as you said. There will come a time in the not too distant future where science will find the "fountain of youth."

Nature have already discovered the fountain of youth...It's called reproduction, unless Cris would like to tell us in detail his proposal of reinventing the wheel.:D

Originally posted by Flores
I agree, and many animals do enjoy such "optimum environmental conditions" that have improved the quality of life of these animals. For example, rats and cocoroaches stand a way better chance of survival in much bigger numbers with lengthened life spans than tigers and bears for instance, but these advancements could easily be reversed if the environmental conditions change. For example, another ice age, which is not totally improssible, could erradicate the human species, and thus make you and Cris talk completely irrelevant. Yo
----------
M*W: Yes, we are vulnerable to environmental conditions--those we created and those we have no control over--like global warming, the melting icecaps, el nino, etc.
----------
So is the human species in general. We are vulnerable to a great extent and if it wasn't for our optimum environmental conditions we wouldn't be here. Think ice ages, Global warming, ect... that could eradicate life as we know it.

Yet, a tiny pinch to our nervous system can immediately kill us. A reverse in blood flow can kill us. Heat kills us, cold kills us, lack of oxygen kills us, too much oxygen kills us, lack of sleep kills us, a two spoonfull of waters in our lungs can kill us. We may have defied tiny little viruses that are ever accomodating to the environment, and we remain as vulnerable as we have ever been.

Now you are sounding just like Cris. What technologies are you talking about and how do you measure the benefits of these technologies relative to this universe.? Having more cars and pollution is a plight not an advancement. Having cell phones doesn't make it in my book of advancement, specially when we all tremble at the thought of a natural disaster or a nuclear bomb. What good are these technologies if they are not allocated properly. How can you equate 100 years to 22,000 years? Perhpas it was the conservation techniques of our land that have been observed in the last 22,000 years that have allowed for our leap. Perhpas we are ruining things so bad in our consumerist life styles that we are eradicating our futures with every breath we take.
----------
M*W: I heard the statistic on the radio. I can't explain it, but I think it means that in the past 100 years, we have the automobile, airplane flight, telephone, electricity, TV, Internet, etc., oh and lets not forget the Bomb.
----------
Nature have already discovered the fountain of youth...It's called reproduction, unless Cris would like to tell us in detail his proposal of reinventing the wheel.:D
----------
M*W: The latest research on the telomere is thought to prolong life. It's been written about in Time and Discover including scientific journals. I fear that reproduction may become a thing of the past when we start extending the lifespan. I'm all for reproduction. It keeps me in business.

Back