Does God have a God?

11parcal

Saint of Cynicism
Registered Senior Member
I suppose a similar question would be: if God created us what created God?

Or is God his own God, and would that make him a Satanist? :eek:

There can only one First Cause/Prime Mover.

But something must have triggered that first cause, there has to be some sort of infinite chain going on or I find it highly improbable that the universe exists, I am basically asking the religious version of: What caused the big bang?

IF there is 1, you have no way of knowing what the 1st cause is. For all you know, there could be many gods at different levels. The god you worship could worship a higher god who worships a yet higher god. The Holy Babble isn't even clearly against this possibility.

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose a similar question would be: if God created us what created God?
Or is God his own God, and would that make him a Satanist? :eek:
But something must have triggered that first cause, there has to be some sort of infinite chain going on or I find it highly improbable that the universe exists, I am basically asking the religious version of: What caused the big bang?

Logicly, if 1 says the universe must have been created, 1 must say the same of whatever created the universe.
They seem to think they get around it by saying god wasn't created. It's absurd but that's their story & they're sticking to it.

There is good reason to believe that the god of gods is a turtle.

Logicly, if 1 says the universe must have been created, 1 must say the same of whatever created the universe.
They seem to think they get around it by saying god wasn't created. It's absurd but that's their story & they're sticking to it.

Yeah, there are alot of paradoxes and contradictions in religion.

There is good reason to believe that the god of gods is a turtle.

Yep! It's turtles ALL THE WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.............................................................................................................................

Yeah, there are alot of paradoxes and contradictions in religion.

Thus it can't be true any more than a square triangle.

Impossible. Then it wouldn't be the first cause.

OK. He should have put first cause in quotations. The meaming was yet clear.

Impossible. An infintie regression of causality is logically absurd

I easily see how that seems so to some but a 1st cause, something existing without being caused, is even more absurd.

because if the past were infinite, then time would never arrive at the present.

This may be the most absurd thing I've ever heard or read or thought possible for a fool to claim.

Impossible. An infinite regression of causality is logically absurd because if the past were infinite, then time would never arrive at the present.

That is assuming time exists outside the boundaries of our universe. Or did you not take that into account?

Back