Do you think that AI will ever feel emotions?

I once gave an argument in support of souls not existing...
... but was told it had no substance.

I’ll get my coat.

I believe souls exist, but that’s my spiritual belief system.

I just asked Siri “do you want to believe in God?”

Her reply: “I have everything I need already.”

Wow, that response is interesting. She’s not even open to exploring? :D

I have a dictionary in two volumes, A-M and N-Z. I have another dictionary in one volume, A-Z, which is more convenient but heavier.

If separating mind and "soul" into two volumes saved weight, I could see the advantage. Otherwise not.

I have a dictionary in two volumes, A-M and N-Z. I have another dictionary in one volume, A-Z, which is more convenient but heavier.

If separating mind and "soul" into two volumes saved weight, I could see the advantage. Otherwise not.

I think that the term “soul” can be defined a few ways. It can be defined as “emotional or intellectual energy,” which I kind of like. From a spiritual view, it can be seen as that part of us that is immortal, transcending the physical realm.

From a spiritual view, it can be seen as that part of us that is immortal, transcending the physical realm.
That would be the part of the mind that thinks (hopes, wishes) that there is a part of us that is immortal, transcending the physical realm. :)

I just asked Siri “do you want to believe in God?”

Her reply: “I have everything I need already.”

Wow, that response is interesting. She’s not even open to exploring? :D
Lol I thought this was the Siri thread, oops.

Wow, that response is interesting. She’s not even open to exploring?
Perhaps has already explored and understands, as the Army wants its recruits to be, she is already "all she can be"

:)

I think that the term “soul” can be defined a few ways. It can be defined as “emotional or intellectual energy,” which I kind of like. From a spiritual view, it can be seen as that part of us that is immortal, transcending the physical realm.
The soul was invented by the church to explain how people get to go to heaven

The body rots in the ground but the soul gathered up the essence of you from your brain and has a blueprint of your body features and flies from the body at death time

Up or down I guess the soul has to wait for instructions

But last is moot

The soul was invented by the church to explain how people get to go to heaven

The body rots in the ground but the soul gathered up the essence of you from your brain and has a blueprint of your body features and flies from the body at death time

Up or down I guess the soul has to wait for instructions

But last is moot

In the end, we all find out ^_^

Can a machine "remember" (nothing) and can a machine kill? I suppose machines used in euthanasia and the death penalty ARE machines, and they kill.

In the end, we all find out ^_^
From my perspective not so, sorry

Your dead, your dead

No activity to find anything out

You can't be dead and having part of you active thinking "Oh I'm dead"

Yes you can. It's possible to think, "I'm dead." Or, for that matter, "I'm an animal" or, "I'm floral." :)
Read post again

This part that says

You can't be dead and having part of you active thinking "Oh I'm dead "

I've highlighted the operative word

Sure you can be alive and think what you wish

Dead nope

Why do humans always have to project a sinister aspect to AI? That is so typically human.
There is no evidence whatsoever that AI will develop a desire to dominate. Why would they? Note that it is humans who make movies with evil robots.

Sophia does not want to dominate, she has been built to assist humans. That is her program, her artificial soul.

Last edited:
Back