Do you give charity?

whitewolf

asleep under the juniper bush
Registered Senior Member
I mean money. Do you? Why?

I have a story, but I'd like to hear your thoughts first.

I do sometimes when the kids bring something to school but not much.
Like when they do the TERRY FOX run.....

But we get ppl knock on the door for whatever reason.......and I don't.
I always think they could be just putting the money in their pocket.

I have some of my wages automatically paid to charity:
because I can afford it, and because I was once in need of charity for a long period of my life and couldn't get ANYTHING to help.

i used to, but found out that most money paid to charities ended up in some warehouse, or lost between sender and receiver, or even TAXED, there is nothing lower.

Big charities are terribly corrupt. I could be wrong but I remember reading in the Det. news that a study show'd that only 15 cents of every dollar donated to feed the children actuall fed them, with the other 75 being taxed or used for "necessary expenses"

meanwhile the head of feed the children was found out to actually make a hefty profit from the donations of others. Sick.

all charities are corrupt. i rarely donate any money, but i always buy extra food to give to the local food bank, and i put a minimum of 30% of my wages into a fund which i plan to use to buy up land in africa and start farming communes in order to end the famine over there.

i give to the terrance higgins trust, they are doing work to combat aids and HIV, and i also do charity events for them aswell.

my husband used to be in a club called "the leos" and then he went on to be in "the lions" who do charity events to raise money for people who are in need of a item of furnoture, they will help single people, help married people, help people who are on low income, and most of all they help families with disabled children, i for one are extremly gratefull to them for all they're support in the past!

Ya mostly those that help with hunger/poverty eradication, literacy and animal rescue

Ya mostly those that help with hunger/poverty eradication, literacy and animal rescue

i think what you do is excellent, but what i would like to know is, why does it cost more money per year to sponser an animal than it does a child? whats the differance?

i think what you do is excellent, but what i would like to know is, why does it cost more money per year to sponser an animal than it does a child? whats the differance?

Because there are more support systems already in place for children. Easy enough to take an unwanted child to child services, what do you do with orphaned wildcats?

Because there are more support systems already in place for children. Easy enough to take an unwanted child to child services, what do you do with orphaned wildcats?

well i dont know about wildcats but with unwanted cats, dogs and the like, we can take them to the RSPCA or our local police station, who will in turn take the animal to a shelter, the RSPCA never put down a healthy animal, they will keep them until a home can be found, and they will also ask for donations to help with the cost,

well when you are talking about a child all you have to do is pay for food clothing and education, whereas animals are treated like property and must be bought out of cruel slavery before they can be helped. not to mention the ongoing costs of preventing poachers from re-imprisoning it.

sandy; what charities do you donate to? i have rarely come across any religious types that give to charities other than those set up for the purpose of spreading religion.

thats the reason i dont buy into any of those sponsor a child things, because it seems that half of the 'education' they receive is bible classes. i believe it is better to let an innocent person die than to feed a killer.

well i dont know about wildcats but with unwanted cats, dogs and the like, we can take them to the RSPCA or our local police station, who will in turn take the animal to a shelter, the RSPCA never put down a healthy animal, they will keep them until a home can be found, and they will also ask for donations to help with the cost,

I think they have rules that vary between individual establishments. If they cannot locate a good home within 3 to 6 months they generally put the animal down. I'm glad your RSPCA is able to support the animals, this obviously speaks well of the donations as well as their sincerity.

Back