Do you feel you are 'controlled' by laws?

Originally posted by ratbat

I did. I thought it was a great movie.

even though it wasnt quite correct, the movie demonstrates how the law does NOT serve for the better of the community, but for the benefit of the powers!

we are controlled by laws this is the purpose of them. To stop us doing what 'the state' deems wrong. i do not feel controlled but everyone is in a sence.

You guys need to watch matrix movies. knowledge is power ,it gives you choices. difference between animals and human is that we like to share and can pass our experience/knowledge we gained to the next generation. i think people who feel controlled fully don't believe in choices. choice of positive additide or negetive. ultimatly nobody is controlled. it is matter of flexability and acceptance. we share the planet and if you share it then you have to deal with laws and putting up fences. and if you don't like it then become the person makes the law or try to change it or live in an empty island isolated by others but it's your choice and you aren't controlled. i think we should use the word unfair instead of control. what you think? :p

greatman, welcome to sciforums, this thread has not had anyone posting in it in the last 3 years, most the people you reply to are no longer on sciforums

isnt it true to practise what you preach

they locked up people who steal to feed there families
yet they can declair war over false accusations and get away with it

disgusting war mongers

they put away small time drug dealers for making untaxed money when the government are the ones supplying the drugs if u disagree with this your nieve

they say gun crime is too high and we need to stop killing each other right?
then why do you sell guns to the people in the first place

they say dont steal while they go about and take whatever they want when they want

they say do not lie to the government in court but they lie to the public left right and center

i could go on for days but i wont. .. . . . . . . .

some laws are just plain logic....
others are inplace for government finacial gain....
and some are there becuase a bunch of people complained just enough.... (which would explain half the "stupid laws" aclaimed in so many differny books, magazines and random articals)

I declear it illegal to ride a cow at noon wearing only green clothes!!!

Joeman said:
Lets face it. There must be laws to protect the stupid from killing others or themselves otherwise a lot of people are gonna die.
Whoever said that people dying is bad, or stupid? ;)

I do not feel that I am "controlled" by laws. I have a certain degree of freedom that I am happy with. Laws not only protect the stupid from themselves but the laws attempt to protect the intelligent from stupid people. I'm glad that I can now worry too much about someone murdering me or running me over with a car.

Back