Do you ever wonder ... well, why?

Role model? Hero?

• Yeah. Why not?

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • What? No!

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • You're joking, right? This isn't actually real ... uh ... right?

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Er ... um ... is there an "Other" vote? (Fair enough, but explain yourself.)

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
(Insert title here)

Um ... okay, I know this is a bit drastic for changing the pace, but ... well ... the title caught my eye. And the commentary, of course. But the general content is ... um ... yeah. It's all that. And more.

Four and a half minutes. Or ... here's the transcript:

I'm gonna close with one thing. I was reading my Bible this week, and I kept seeing this phrase jump out at me, in the Bible. And you're not gonna like this, but you haven't liked the sermon up 'til now, so why would I—why would I try and please you now? You're—you're gonna be mad no matter what I say. But I was reading the Bible, and I kept seeing this phrase, and I studied this phrase in the Bible; it's used six times, and it's used by God, it's used out of the mouth of God. And it's when the prophet is preaching to the King of Israel, Jehu, and he says—ah, I'm sorry, Jeroboam, son of Nebat—and he says, "Thus sayeth the Lord." He said, "'I will destroy from Jeroboam him that pisseth against the wall'." Have you ever seen that phrase in the Bible? Put up your hand. "Him that pisseth against the wall"? You see that in the Bible. It's used six times in the Bible. And it's—you know, six is a significant number in the Bible. It's the number of a man. You know, there are different numbers that represent different things in the Bible? Like seven is the number of completion, you know? Five is the number of death, and you'll see that all throughout the Bible; people being killed under their fifth rib, Genesis 5:5, Acts 5:5, on and on. You'll see different numbers, and significance of numbers, and six times this phrase is used in the Bible. And you say, "Oh, I can't believe you'd speak that way! It's vile." I'm sorry, but the Bible says that the words of Jesus Christ are wholesome words, and the Bible says every word of God is pure. And so don't accuse me of using bad language. That's what the Bible says.

He said, "I will destroy him that pisseth against the wall." Now what did—you ever stop and think, What did God mean by that? Did He mean, well—what did He mean? Obviously, what is He talking about? All the men, right? He said, "I'm going to kill all the men that come from Jeroboam". Because there's a difference between men and women. Men piss against the wall; women don't. Okay? And so God said—He used that language, He used that expression, and by the way, that expression is only in the King James. The New King James eliminates it. This is what the New King James says: males. All the males. And you know, the guys who made it are males, they're not men. And God said a man is somebody who pisses against the wall.

Did you know this? When I was in Germany—and you're not even going to believe this. See, why are you preaching this? 'Cause it's in the Bible, okay? I was in Germany, and, uh, I went to use the restroom in Germany in several different people's houses. I mean, totally different people. And even in public places, they had a sign that prohibited a man from peeing standing up. I'm not kidding. I mean, you can ask—my wife is from Germany, and I was there for three and a half months. They had a sign in people's house; they had a sign in the public restroom that prohibited—I'm not gonna—you know it was like a circle and a line through it, and it's, no pee standing up. And I asked my wife, I said, "Is that like—" I thought it was a joke. I was like, "Is that a joke? That's kind of a crude joke."

She said, "It's not a joke."

She said, "No man in Germany pees standing up."

That's where we're headed in this country, my friend. We got a bunch of pastors who pee sitting down. We got a bunch of—and you say, "Oh, you know, you're being vile." I'm not—hey, then God's being vile. God's the one who wrote the Bible, my friend. We got, we got pastors who pee sitting down. We got the President of the Untied States probably pees sitting down. We got a bunch of preachers, we got a bunch of leaders who don't stand up and piss against the wall like a man. And I'm gonna tell you something, that's what's wrong with America.

You don't—you don't like it? You don't like an old-fashioned Bible that tells you what being a man's all about? Beause it's called the King James Bible. And if you don't like that term, "piss against the wall", then you know what? Go to the bookstore this afternoon and buy a New King James. It'll take out that word. It'll take out the word damnation. It'll take out the word Hell about half the times. It'll take out the word Jehovah, the name of God. It'll take out anything in the Bible that has any power to it. It'll take out anything that tells you how things are supposed to be! But you know what, four hundred years ago, pastors used to stand up and preach that a man needs to be a man! Not a male. Not the males. It's 'cause the editors of the NIV pee sitting down. It's because the editors of the New King James, they all pee sitting down. I'm gonna tell you something: I'm not gonna pee sitting down. I don't care if it's Germany. I'm going to Germany in about a month. You better know I'm gonna stand up everywhere I go.

—Pastor Steven L. Anderson
Faithful Word Baptist Church
Tempe, Arizona

Last edited:
its a strange world my friend:p

maybe it was just ment to be another rant against beer (ie beer makes you piss and if your REALLY drunk you tend to do it on the closest wall:p)

Of course who the hell would sit down and count the amount of times the bible said you shouldnt piss on a wall:p

Asguard said:

Of course who the hell would sit down and count the amount of times the bible said you shouldnt piss on a wall

Yeah. Obviously, I don't find the word "piss" vile, but I do find something rather odd about basing moral assertions on how one empties his bladder. I love what little noise there is from the congregation: a woman laughing, a baby crying, an old man muttering, "Amen!"

If Faithful Word is remotely like the churches I saw when I was a kid, there was a reception after the service, attended mainly by the elderly, with coffee and donuts or something of the sort. In my day, the older women would sit and murmur together about the sermon like a bad stereotype. If I try to conjure a notion of what they said after that sermon, I don't get very far.

Back