Do you believe in revenge?

Unfortanly i had to deal with an issue of revenge recently. 3 guys jumped me two diffrent times. The first time i said to myself forget about it im not in the hospital the second time i relized if i let it go it will continue for a long time. Hammurabi's Code of Law states "An eye for an eye" and i took that statement and used it. I went after them with my friends the first time me and two other guys and the second time 3 other guys went after them and threanted there life if they were to make contact with me or my friends again. It worked nothing else has happened. The police did nothing the first or second time because they 2 of them weren't 17 and the one who was they left off. So here in America i always say "Street justice is the only real justice!"

Originally posted by Captain_Crunch
I knew that but i thought i would try to be funny. :(
Turn that frown upside down, at least you
tried. That is better than most imo. ;)

its good to be accepting of other peoples mistakes and flaws, cuz im not perfect either, and id hope that they would give me the same leniency....

BUT!

if they deserve it, they deserve it. and they will get it.
:mad:

spookz:
xev

"morality is a fiction"

i'm curious
does that mean you have none?

I have some, I just aknowledge it for what it is.

what did i say to prompt that? it seemed to me that i was investing more humanity on the 5' girl solely on her feminity

Then treat her the same. Meh, forget my feminist ranting. Equality is a fiction too.

No, because by the time revenge is called for, the event is already lost.

I think Christianity and Judaism are religions of revenge, as liberalism is a philosophy of revenge, against nature.

And I believe in proactively eliminating such bad values.

"The person who pursues revenge should dig two graves." - Old proverb

"An eye for an eye only makes the whole world blind." - Mohandas Gandhi

Revenge is a form of deterrence. If it is public knowledge that anyone who invades your midevil kingdom gets every living thing in their country slaughtered in retaliation not many people are going to want to try to do so ever after.

No, because by the time revenge is called for, the event is already lost.

I think Christianity and Judaism are religions of revenge, as liberalism is a philosophy of revenge, against nature.

Jesus, prozak, and I thought I was Nietzsche's bitch. :p

People let us down all the time,

most times I grin and bear it. Sometimes, in frustration with ongoing situations where the wrongdoers are too far away to do anything about physically, I really curse them and wish all kinds of ills to befall them, but it's only because I'm angry and feel sort of impotent (I'm mainly talking about people that owe me money that I have already paid on their behalf).

Physical violence is something I never consider, but then, I've never found myself in that situation, since I became an adult. Though it is true that as a kid I used to stop bullies in their tracks and if I found myself in a similar situation, I would probably want to that again... trouble is, everyone is so much LARGER than me these days:mad:, so I guess I'd just have to put a contract out on them :D

Originally posted by pumpkinsaren'torange
no no no...because the Karma Police are always watching. so....watch it!:eek:

I distingtively see a few technicalities here, regarding "Karma Police",

How do I reach them?
How much does their services cost?
Can I get a reciept, if I haveng ...er... to do tax-deduction?

I don't believe in revenge, the PRE-EMPTIVE nuclear strike is way better:p

My personal preference, being person B hit by person A, is to step away and secretly dig a very big hole in their lives, and one more wrong step and that's it for them, and they've only themselves to blame for falling into it. And my other preference is to slowly dismantle their lives, behind their back, under their nose, while they're busy being nasty. But that's more of a pipe dream.

I don't believe in revenge, but I do believe that you get what you give, that people will get what they deserve even if I don't place my revenge upon them.
Because if I would, I would have to pay for that too, and I don't want that.
I believe in breaking the circle of hatred, so that it can't come back to me anymore.
But there is a certain person I really wish hell upon, you know who you are.

Originally posted by Xev
Jesus, prozak, and I thought I was Nietzsche's bitch. :p

Nietzsche was right about many things.

He wasn't the first to articulate that concept either.

Nor the last.

Now I feel bad for saying that. I'm such a weakling...
But I hope that person will experience what that person made me experience for pure selfish reasons.

Revenge ... Hmm ... If you kill the S.O.B. right then and there,
what need is there for 'revenge'?

Curious :cool:

Back