Do you as an Atheist try to convert people to your way of thinking?>

EmptyForceOfChi

Banned
Banned
If yes do you think you areconverting them to a better way of "Existing"?.

Do you convert them because you are trying to help? or give them something that will make them feel better?.

Or are you "freeing" them from their slavery and offering them a better existence or frame of mind?.

Jihad

I can only answer for myself but I do not try to "convert" people over to my way of believing because I'm content just being who I am and letting others be who they choose to be. We all make choices in our lives and some people want to believe in somethings I don't. That doesn't mean their right or wrong, that's just who they are and they chose that for themselves. I will stand by them, if I'm asked to , to defend their beliefs because they are entitled to have that choice just as I made mine. :itold:

I can only answer for myself but I do not try to "convert" people over to my way of believing because I'm content just being who I am and letting others be who they choose to be. We all make choices in our lives and some people want to believe in somethings I don't. That doesn't mean their right or wrong, that's just who they are and they chose that for themselves. I will stand by them, if I'm asked to , to defend their beliefs because they are entitled to have that choice just as I made mine. :itold:

If you happened to find out the truth but couldn't prove it to anybody (Hypothetically) what would you do?

peace.

Mod Hat — Inquiry

Mod Hat — Inquiry

What is the point of this thread in the context of Ethics, Morality & Justice?

Mod Hat — Inquiry

What is the point of this thread in the context of Ethics, Morality & Justice?

To compare the difference in the Ethical and moral decisions atheists make when trying to be militant and convert believers.

Comparing it to the ethical and moral reasons why the believers try toconvert atheists. Ens conclusion to determine who is more "just"

peace.

If you happened to find out the truth but couldn't prove it to anybody (Hypothetically) what would you do?

peace.

We each must find our own "truths" that we will be able to live with. Each of us sees the truth in many different ways and with many different eyes. So what your "truth" is to you is just that , your own truth, but to others it may not be the same. So we each must accept our own beliefs and also let others accept theirs as well but no one should cause harm to anyone with their truth because that truth is within them not everyone else and to hurt others because they don't see what you do isn't going to prove that your way is any better than theirs.

Yes! All of the above. Theists will destroy the planet, they think that this life isn't all there is, and they have all sorts of end times prophecies, and they think that the Earth was put here just for people.

I only mind fuc& thiests when they try to preach to me. I say things that make them rationalize all they believe and then they leave me alone. I have did that to two Christians so far and they aren't christian anymore.

Nope, I don't care what other people believe. If it makes them happy and helps them make sense of the world then so be it. I don't like it when people try to convert me so I don't do it to others. Plus there isn't really any signing bonus for becoming an atheist, aside from being overly offended in all things religious.

I only mind fuc& thiests when they try to preach to me. I say things that make them rationalize all they believe and then they leave me alone. I have did that to two Christians so far and they aren't christian anymore.

That's fair if they wan't to go around preaching they need to be able to debate and give people understanding and wisdom along with it.

You are agnostic?

peace.

Nope, I don't care what other people believe. If it makes them happy and helps them make sense of the world then so be it. I don't like it when people try to convert me so I don't do it to others. Plus there isn't really any signing bonus for becoming an atheist, aside from being overly offended in all things religious.

That's aok way to be not bad at all.

peace.

For the record, I call myself Pagan...and when I wore a pentacle openly I drew a lot of annoying attention...it goes under my clothing now...

I can vaguely put up with the preaching, it's when the law is used to enforce someone else's religious code on me that I get truly ticked.

I pay taxes too...

But if I wanted to inspire someone trying to convert me to do anything, it would be to start questioning, since in many cases there is a total intellectual constipation in progress... so much circular reasoning present that craniorectal insertion has occurred.

I'd like them to stop being so freaking rude as to accost me in public, or arrogant enough to tell me about how my spiritual practices are devil-worship, but theirs is The Truth.

So I guess I want the complacent to start doubting....

Theists will destroy the planet, they think that this life isn't all there is, and they have all sorts of end times prophecies, and they think that the Earth was put here just for people.

Not all the theists even of the main religions are that dotty, praise Jeebus....

Some few of us worship the earth, and life, so that's not universally true...and at least the idea of reincarnation, well, it does lead one to think, "I'll be back, I'd better not trash the place..."

But earth worshippers are small potatoes, I suppose...

Truly you cannot see yet

I see my truths that I found with the facts that I have researched myself and drawn my own conclusuions. I do hope that you deal with facts and not myths when you seek the truth. Remember that even facts can change, so can the truth.

I don't really see the point, if they're happy and not hurting anyone then it's their life not mine.
Of course if they want a discussion on the subject or just start spouting crap then I will stand up for myself and my beliefs, but that's unlikely to convert people as most people are set in their ways and unwilling or unable to change.
Overall it would just be a huge waste of my time to go out converting people, when I really don't care.

Comparing it to the ethical and moral reasons why the believers try toconvert atheists. Ens conclusion to determine who is more "just"

peace.

The real question here is why you're not an Atheist in regard to Christianity. Most of them will necessarily believe that you are going to hell because you've rejected the one true God.

Christian theology clearly teaches that Jesus wasn't just the son of God, but that he was God. Because Islam has reduced him to nothing more than a prophet and denies that he was even crucified there's absolutely no hope for any of you whatsoever. Not according to a typical Christian anyway. So in that sense you stand just as condemned as any atheist.

Additionally, if Christianity is indeed the one true religion then you're not actually offering salvation, you're offering death. You're trying to lead Atheists to a false God who was created by the founder of Islam. So how can you possibly have the moral high ground here?

I don't believe in the God of Christianity or Islam of course, so I don't really believe that anyone is going to be condemned. But I'm looking forward to finding out whether or not you can rationalize your stance with the above in mind.

The real question here is why you're not an Atheist in regard to Christianity. Most of them will necessarily believe that you are going to hell because you've rejected the one true God.

Christian theology clearly teaches that Jesus wasn't just the son of God, but that he was God. Because Islam has reduced him to nothing more than a prophet and denies that he was even crucified there's absolutely no hope for any of you whatsoever. Not according to a typical Christian anyway. So in that sense you stand just as condemned as any atheist.

Additionally, if Christianity is indeed the one true religion then you're not actually offering salvation, you're offering death. You're trying to lead Atheists to a false God who was created by the founder of Islam. So how can you possibly have the moral high ground here?

I don't believe in the God of Christianity or Islam of course, so I don't really believe that anyone is going to be condemned. But I'm looking forward to finding out whether or not you can rationalize your stance with the above in mind.

No that's not the real question that's not the question i was asking atall, I believe in jesus, i follow his teachings.

peace.

And that is your truth for you to follow but not others that do not believe in that way of thinking.

But I don't only follow jesus, I follow moses too and mohhamad, some buddhist teaching, I follow all the prophets if they speak of the truth no matter who they may be.

If others choose to reject god it will be their own choice but I can still hope people come to the universal truth in unity.

peace.

Back