Do we have too many laws?

“ Originally Posted by StrangerInAStrangeLa
There are too many laws prohibiting & punishing consenting adults for things which directly affect no 1 else. ”

What if those things affect people and/or society indirectly?

Baron Max

There are too many laws prohibiting & punishing consenting adults for things which directly affect no 1 else.

There are too many laws prohibiting & punishing consenting adults for things which directly affect no 1 else.

If someone just doesn't like something, then it "affects" them directly!

And if you mean that it doesn't harm them, then please define "harm".

You seem to be trying to say that people should mind their own fuckin' business, but then "society" IS their business ...they're part of it.

Baron Max

If someone just doesn't like something, then it "affects" them directly!

And if you mean that it doesn't harm them, then please define "harm".

You seem to be trying to say that people should mind their own fuckin' business, but then "society" IS their business ...they're part of it.

Baron Max

Then the word directly means nothing to you & the butterfly effect should be the basis for law & government. Which opens the door for chaos.
Either consenting adults are allowed to do what they will or not. If not, someday it will impact things you "know" YOU have the right to do no matter what anyone else says, thinks or does.
The fact is that what I do alone or with any consenting adult(s) is NONE OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS. What you do is none of my business. This is essential to freedom.
We have quite enough to be concerned with when things do directly affect others. We don't even handle those well.
I'm not going to go round&round again "debating" definitions.

I don't know if there are too many laws but I do think that some laws should be a lot stricter. I would like to see the penalty for some crimes be more harsh. I also think that they shouldn't be so lenient on YOUNG offenders.

No but it would send a message to the teenagers that they better think twice because they aren't going to get off easy because of the young offenders act. Maybe if the punishment was greater it would deter more punks.

No but it would send a message to the teenagers that they better think twice because they aren't going to get off easy because of the young offenders act. Maybe if the punishment was greater it would deter more punks.

Ha! What a dreamer.

Back