do u belive in vampires????

draqon said:
I am sure they existed... I am even sure that they still exist.

experience2.jpg
What's the point of this image, draqon? Can't find a reflection?

Pete said:
What's the point of this image, draqon? Can't find a reflection?
Isn't it obvious Pete? Even though the chap in the foreground only has the one arm, the arm that he does have remains inhumanly long and he's about to grab the chap with the camera by the face and feast on his his still living brains!

I believe now absolutely. Oh yes. Oh yes I do.

No one expects the inhumanly long and bendy arm of the Vampyre Siren, that's why it works.

Theoryofrelativity said:
er, here's the facts Monsieur Devil

"The noble Báthory family stemmed from the Hun Gutkeled clan which held power in broad areas of east central Europe (in those places now known as Poland, Hungary, Slovakia, and Romania), and had emerged to assume a role of relative eminence by the first half of the 13th century."

"She was only 15 when she was 'married off' for political gain and position to a rough soldier of (nevertheless) aristocratic stock and manner. By reason of the marriage, she became the lady of the Castle of Csejthe, his home, situated deep in the Carpathian mountains of what is now central Romania, but which then was known only as Transylvania."

her husband was romanian, yes.
but the place where she was born, and the place where she committed most of her atrocities was actually in hungary.
as a teen, this kind of macabre subject was a favorite of mine.

Under strictly analytical perspective you can determine that while Vampires are folklore, in some sense they may have basis in facts. There can be no doubt that blood loss the kind of which Vampires are known for may in actuality have taken place in varying countries, the reason is however left to speculation.

I myself think based on what I've seen of alien sketches that the original Vampire, or Nosferatu looked remarkably like that of a Grey alien. This leads me to speculate that perhaps these were really abductions which left behind trace evidence in the form of scoop marks, etc. It's a fascinating concept really...

What is that "original" vampire and nosferatu look you are talking about?
Would that be, perhaps, from the illustrations of "Dracula" by Bram Stoker (fiction) and that silent, b/w movie "Nosferatu" (fiction too) (which, by the way, I have the pleasure to own).

So you are comparing one work of fiction (early 20th, late 19th century) with that of later Hollywood alien movies.
Oh, please..., you can't be that pathetic in your reasoning.

emusquire said:
Under strictly analytical perspective you can determine that while Vampires are folklore, in some sense they may have basis in facts. There can be no doubt that blood loss the kind of which Vampires are known for may in actuality have taken place in varying countries, the reason is however left to speculation.

I myself think based on what I've seen of alien sketches that the original Vampire, or Nosferatu looked remarkably like that of a Grey alien. This leads me to speculate that perhaps these were really abductions which left behind trace evidence in the form of scoop marks, etc. It's a fascinating concept really...
I'm really scratching my head on this. Although the first paragraph starts well.

The idea that by drinking the blood (and/or eating the flesh) of your slain opponent one gains the strength and life force of it is very ancient and has next to nothing to do with vampires, just one more (rather diluted) manifestation of that archetypal idea (from Inuit seal hunters in NA, to head hunters in Africa). It occurs in many cultures throughout time and has all that there is to do with human psyche and how our mind works.

Last edited:
check this. In Africa certain tribes still drink raw cow blood for breakfast. Check Masai tribe. I wonder if they have garlic with that..Anyway in France virtualy raw uncooked steak can go as high as $30 a plate.

Theoryofrelativity said:
heres the low down
treatment was unavailable and the disease unknown.

In the past, a porphyria sufferer would show symptoms that include;

-Extreme sensitivity to sunlight

-Sores and scars that break open and will not heal properly

-Excessive hair growth

-Tightening of skin around lips and gums (which would make the incisors more prominent)

This disease would likely cause the victim to only go out at night, in order to avoid the painful rays of the sun. In addition, while garlic stimulates the production of heme in a healthy person, it would only cause the symptoms of porphyria to become more painfully severe. Porphyria was eventually discarded by scientists as a reasonable explanation of the vampire myth that has pervaded our history. Although vampire accounts of the past bear little resemblance to the dashing figure we romanticize today, these qualities may have contributed to our look at the vampire in film and fiction: pale skin, extended incisors, even the fear of the sun!"
Hey, Your close on that one.. My Family and I actually do have the hereditary disease Porphyria... Ours is AIP Acute intermittent Porphyria.. It's a sucky Liver problem, our strain is.. An on set can be brought about by chemicals and not eating the correct things.
Some cases of Porphyria Do show Blistering of the skin in Sun light, also know as Veragate Porphyria........ there are 8 known kinds of Porphyria. They have found some head way with hemotine... any how, Here is a link to it to get better versed on it..

http://www.bdid.com/porphyria.htm

emusquire said:

It sees to me that you are shifting the blame from one imaginary creature to another imaginary creature.

It's not that imaginary. What I'm suggesting is these markings are similar to those found in abduction cases and therefore, instead of mystical Vampires being the culprit it's possible there is some relation.

PS I hate politics however I also don't even believe they exist, they're more like fantasy humans decided to believe in.

Back