Do theists have a responsibility for what they preach?

You know what this you say above is? It is mundane reasoning applied to divine matters.

Which has got to be patently wrong, if there is to be any significant difference between the material and the spiritual.

HOW THE FUCK WOULD YOU KNOW?

that happens to be paraphrased scripture, and what the entire bible is about.

you have a million excuses don't you? and if i can see right through them then i think it's safe to say god can too.

we as humans have spirits and bodies.

you don't have enough faith in god to believe that if he exists, he would be capable of showing you that and communicating with you. so you're looking for a human instead. FAIL.

you don't have enough faith in yourself to live your life without some other human telling you what to do and what to think. FAIL.

and i promise you, when it's all said and done, you will still have no one to blame but yourself.

If I go to wait at the bus station, I do so because I believe that buses exists, that they stop there, and that they are willing to transport me.

I have no specific, useful beliefs about what God can, should or would do for/to/with/about me.

I also see no way of acquiring such beliefs.

then why are you doing this?! why is this a topic? a repeated topic?

How do you know the bible is correct?

because i sought and knocked and god answered and proceeded to explain it to me, and in the process accomplished a work in me. you know, just like the bible said he would.

Yeah? What's a "spirit"?

i know you have access to a dictionary.

because i sought and knocked and god answered and proceeded to explain it to me, and in the process accomplished a work in me. you know, just like the bible said he would.
Ah, so you don't know.

i know you have access to a dictionary.
Yup:
spir·it (sprt)
n.
a. The vital principle or animating force within living beings.
b. Incorporeal consciousness.
2. The soul, considered as departing from the body of a person at death.
3. Spirit The Holy Spirit.
4. A supernatural being, as:
a. An angel or a demon.
b. A being inhabiting or embodying a particular place, object, or natural phenomenon.
c. A fairy or sprite.
a. The part of a human associated with the mind, will, and feelings: Though unable to join us today, they are with us in spirit.
b. The essential nature of a person or group.
6. A person as characterized by a stated quality: He is a proud spirit.
a. An inclination or tendency of a specified kind: Her actions show a generous spirit.
b. A causative, activating, or essential principle: The couple's engagement was announced in a joyous spirit.
8. spirits A mood or an emotional state: The guests were in high spirits. His sour spirits put a damper on the gathering.
9. A particular mood or an emotional state characterized by vigor and animation: sang with spirit.
10. Strong loyalty or dedication: team spirit.
11. The predominant mood of an occasion or a period: "The spirit of 1776 is not dead" (Thomas Jefferson).
12. The actual though unstated sense or significance of something: the spirit of the law.
13. An alcohol solution of an essential or volatile substance. Often used in the plural with a singular verb.
14. spirits An alcoholic beverage, especially distilled liquor.
tr.v. spir·it·ed, spir·it·ing, spir·its
1. To carry off mysteriously or secretly: The documents had been spirited away.
2. To impart courage, animation, or determination to; inspirit.
Which one are you talking about?
For example I certainly don't have any alcoholic beverage here...

How do you know the bible is correct?

The question is rather "How do you know you're not just imagining things?"

But I think it requires great deal of philosophical provess to address that question in such a way that the asker would understand.

Last edited:
The question is rather "How do you know you're not just imagining things?"

But I think it requires great deal of philosophical profess to address that question in such a way that the asker would understand.

because if you can't tell the difference, it's futile, and god's not futile. again, no faith in god or in yourself. fail.

Circular argument.

Exactly.

lack of faith.

what i don't understand about signal is this overriding concern for a god who for all intents and purposes doesn't matter. why is he so worried about a god who is ineffectual? it's entirely illogical.

lack of faith.

what i don't understand about signal is this overriding concern for a god who for all intents and purposes doesn't matter. why is he so worried about a god who is ineffectual? it's entirely illogical.

Of course, what you say is not merely your personal interpretation of my situation.
No, what you say is the objective truth, and since you (claim to) know God, I am really obliged to you.

One thing I must admit about theism: It provides the most consistent means for fucking people in the head.

Of course, what you say is not merely your personal interpretation of my situation.
No, what you say is the objective truth, and since you (claim to) know God, I am really obliged to you.

One thing I must admit about theism: It provides the most consistent means for fucking people in the head.

the truth is, you fuck yourself. you just don't want to hear that. you'd much rather it be someone else's fault. right?

Back