Do/Should gays go to hell?

§outh§tar said:
If you read my later post, and maybe you should, you'll find that I didn't come here with a prejudice, or at least didn't intend on starting the discussion with a bias. Besides the topic of this thread doesn't even take a stance for that matter.

You claim that god didn't create gays. The thread title states ' do/should gays go to hell'.

you give a reference

There is nothing in it about gays

you claim no prejudice.

doesn't all quite add up I would say.

You could at least provide some kind of basis for your radical opinion.

§outh§tar said:
Arguing this on other forum and would like to know your responses.

By my understanding as a Christian, I believe the eternal Father does not create gays. No one was born gay. For it is written,

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning. Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures"

So you see, do gay people DESERVE hell because they chose such a thing, or are they going to hell BECAUSE the Father has DULY cursed them so. Or are they in fact, pilgrims passing into Zion?

P.S. Hurray, my first post! Please respond :)
Gays have their own decisions. So, let them decide whether they want to go to hell or not.

A biblical understanding would be:

Sinners go to hell
All people are sinners
Gays are people
Gays go to hell like the rest of us.
God has made away for us to escape hell
Jesus has come into the world to make those who choose to be, children of God.
God will one day take His children and separate them from sinners.
Hell for one and the Earth for the others.

The problem that the church is having about Gays right now is two fold.

First is that there is the mistaken belief that sin is a choice/ --- only action is choice

Craving drugs ECT is a sin- even if you never use.

Sin is missing the mark of God perfection - both in mind/will and action.

Remember- "All have sinned and fallen short, none, not one is good."

The problem of weather being Gay is a choice or one is born Gay has no bearing on the above.

Studies about homosexuality seem to indicate that for some it’s a natural born tendency and for
others its purely a learnt behavior. For most it’s a mix of the two.

If one wishes to be contentious the Bible says God made some that way because they were
already of a deprived heart.

Romans1: 18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and
wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19since what may be known
about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20For since the creation of
the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen,
being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

21For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but
their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22Although they claimed to
be wise, they became fools 23and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to
look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.

24Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the
degrading of their bodies with one another. 25They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and
worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged
natural relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations
with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with
other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

Good post Paul.

There is only one unforgivable sin and that is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. I am sure i will share eternity with more than a few former homosexuals.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

§outh§tar said:

By my understanding as a Christian, I believe the eternal Father does not create gays. No one was born gay. For it is written,

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning. Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures"

So you see, do gay people DESERVE hell because they chose such a thing, or are they going to hell BECAUSE the Father has DULY cursed them so. Or are they in fact, pilgrims passing into Zion?
Wow, your retardation astounds me, and I'm surrounded by fucking retards every day at this forum.
The bible is shit, because your god does not exist. There is no logic behind your god, and ergo does not exist. Therefore hell does not exist.
Gays are born gay, simple as that. If you weren't such a bigoted moron, you would see that homosexuality is caused by chemical anomalies in the brain prior to birth, resulting in an imbalance of testosterone and estrogen. It is not a choice.
Furthermore, even if it was a choice, why is it so much of a concern to you of what they do? It's what makes them happy. If they like it, who cares?

The question presumes there is a hell!!

§outh§tar said:

P.S. Hurray, my first post! Please respond :)

The whole concept of sins and the theory that god punishes sin and welcomes good behaviour is nothing short of laughable.

Even if a divine creator exists, there is absolutely nothing to suggest that how we behave matters to God as we could be following the natural path he himself created for life in the universe anyway.

Christianity has it's distorted view of God 100% wrong yet again.

Hapsburg said:
Wow, your retardation astounds me, and I'm surrounded by fucking retards every day at this forum. The bible is shit, because your god does not exist. There is no logic behind your god, and ergo does not exist. Therefore hell does not exist. Gays are born gay, simple as that. If you weren't such a bigoted moron, you would see that homosexuality is caused by chemical anomalies in the brain prior to birth, resulting in an imbalance of testosterone and estrogen. It is not a choice.
Furthermore, even if it was a choice, why is it so much of a concern to you of what they do? It's what makes them happy. If they like it, who cares?
M*W: Hapsburg, the post in question was written by SouthStar in March 2004, 1 1/2 years ago, and RESURRECTED BY ENTON this morning. Since that time, SouthStar had a thorough, amazing 180 degree, miraculous deconversion from christianity. In fact, I had been his worst nightmare on this forum. Since his deconversion, he became a new person. His closed-mindedness disappeared, his logical thought increased, he seemed as if the burden of the world had been lifed off of him! He actually became more human.

We've already discussed the homosexuality issue to death. I agree with you. It's an hormonal influence in utero. Most christians don't understand a hill of beans about it, that's why they're so homophobic, but goddamn they love the hell outta Jesus' body and blood!

The problem here is enton resurrecting ancient posts. May he be put away privily in the house of his lord.

Being Gay is natural but is also a minority phenomenon. Much like some people have green eyes but most people do not.

That the Abrahamic religions are ignorant of natural homosexual physiology and use that as a basis for persecution is simply abhorrent.

I'm a Christian, and guess what - I don't find anything wrong with homosexuality.

You can't take the Bible literally. It there's to provide historical context within larger, timeless messages. If we try to apply our history to today, we'll most likely repeat it.

This applies so well to homosexuality. About 8 years ago, a young man by the name of Matthew Shepard was beaten to death in Wyoming. Reverend Fred Phelps went out of his way to visit the young man's funeral and yell "God hates fags!" And, if that wasn't enough, He went as far as to produce a monument in the young man's name that read:

"Matthew Shepard entered Hell on October 12, 1998, at age 21 in defiance of God's warning"

Disgusting. That is the ultimate proof of what God does NOT want.

God must be homosexual

According to the novel called "bible" God created Adam

and then what??? it was only because Adam eventually requested a companion that God begrudgingly created Eve

What was the original plan then eh ?? a bit of fig leaf lifting under the tree of knowledge I bet!!

well, as the christian abbhorance to homosexuality is based on hebrew law, we have to go from there.

jews dont believe in hell, therefore gays dont go to hell.

an excellent example of the christian religion "picking and choosing".

Back