Do Mormons go to Hell?

Yes!

Registered Member
Well the subject says it all so here is the rest:

Do Mormons go to hell? If so, why?

I'd really like a real explanation, not just, "They do". thanks

They don't

Ok, ok......peace:)

Mormons don't go to hell because.......................there is NO hell and NO heaven. Heaven and hell are christian concept and nthing more. If we die and just don't cease to exist, then we'd probably go to one place. let it be smkind of different dimension or reancarnation or smth else we haven't thinked of. do you really think (even if we presume tht there is one god:rolleyes: ) do you really think tht the allmyghty creator who has all universe to control has nthing more to do thn yust to judge us-humans. and smwhere out there are different cultures, different beings and they all would require christian god judgement- be real:) christian hell and heaven are just elements of pure phantasy and nthing more.

and yes, one more - welcome to sciforums YES!

Thanks

Thanks for the reply Avatar, but I'd like to hear something from a christian, or other religion with hell. But thanks for your point of view :)

Most Christians can't even agree on what exactly Hell is, so there will be no consences. I believe what we experience in and after this existance is directly related to our actions and intentions behind them...not our denomination or practices. In any circumstance I find it impossible to say that any one group as a whole would go to Hell regardless of it's definition. When we face our own conscience in regards to our actions it is individual...it can't be catagorized.

Do Muslims go to Hell?

Well, it's a similar question. From Book of Mormon:
And whoso shall declare more or less than this, and establish it for my doctrine, the same cometh of evil, and is not built upon my rock; but he buildeth upon a sandy foundation, and the gates of hell stand open to receive such when the floods come and the winds beat upon them. (3 Nephi, 11.40)
So, according to the Mormons, yes, people go to Hell; I think I'll invoke the same logic Christians do--if you're a true Mormon, you don't go to Hell, and therefore Mormons don't go to Hell. Of course, by Christian logic, Muslims and Mormons alike will burn, inasmuch as I ever understood it.

thanx,
Tiassa :cool:

Do Mormons go to hell?

Well, they're already in Utah... :p

Let's see if this helps...

According to Christian doctrine, everyone who has not been saved (the act of becoming a member of a very specific brand of Christianity) will go to hell. So Mormons would be included in this groups. Also remember that all non-Christians also carry the label of heretics. This is strictly under their rules.

Hell, being a means of controlling the masses is reserved for all non-believers. To the Christians it exists, even with the utter lack of evidence for it. They are willing to do anything to "save" others. They use food as a pressure tactic. They will insure that childdren will starve without accepting Christ into their hearts. They will kill others for the right to indoctrinate more Christians. That is strictly from the history books. Why believe them? After they are only based on actual accounts, some within moments of the event. The bible is only 100 years after the supposed events. It doesn't mean anything that these events are only told of in one book with a maximum of four accounts.:rolleyes:

According to the Bible, the only way to go to Heaven is to accept Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour. If you don't, you go to Hell

This should answer your question:

Question:
Does your Church believe that Jesus Christ is our personal Savior?

Answer:
Marion G. Romney, a former member of the First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, said:

“To obtain life eternal one must so humble and purify himself that he in fact receives through the power of the Holy Ghost a personal witness that God is his Eternal Father and that Jesus Christ is God’s Son and our personal Savior as well as the Redeemer of the world.”

So Biblically speaking, the answer to your question would be no, Mormons do not go to hell.

Thanks all!

Thankyou for clearing this up, so if mormons are considered "saved", does this apply to muslims, jews or do they not count (just for the record, I'm not mormon, I just wanted some unbiased if possible opinions)?

Well, according to the Bible, Muslims and Jews are going to Hell. Any person who does not accept Jesus as their Saviour is supposidly going to Burn.

I do not accept Jesus as my savior.
I do not need to be saved from anything.

I visited the USA in 1993. Back then I smoked and drank A LOT. I was drunk and/or stoned all the way through Utah. Was quite a lot of fun. :>

*Originally posted by Yes!
Do Mormons go to hell? If so, why?

Yes, they do.
Because everyone goes to hell.

Why?
Because hell is the grave.

Here's the definition of the word that gets translated as "hell" most often.

---07585 sh@'owl {sheh-ole'} or sh@ol {sheh-ole'}

.....from 07592; TWOT - 2303c; n f

.....AV - grave 31, hell 31, pit 3; 65

.....1) sheol, underworld, grave, hell, pit
..... 1a) the underworld
..... 1b) Sheol - the OT designation for the abode of the dead---

Therefore, it is no biggie.

*Originally posted by Taken
Most Christians can't even agree on what exactly Hell is, so there will be no consences.

Well, YOU can't agree on what it is.

*In any circumstance I find it impossible to say that any one group as a whole would go to Hell regardless of it's definition.*

Well, there is that one group, the dead.

*Originally posted by Teg
According to Christian doctrine, everyone who has not been saved (the act of becoming a member of a very specific brand of Christianity) will go to hell.

That's the popular version.
According to the Bible, everyone who dies ends up in hell, i.e. the grave.

*Hell, being a means of controlling the masses is reserved for all non-believers.*

Hell, being the grave, is reserved for the DEAD.

*To the Christians it exists, even with the utter lack of evidence for it.*

There is plenty of evidence for hell, i.e. the grave.
Just walk past a cemetery.
You'll see lots of graves.

*Originally posted by LIGHTBEING
According to the Bible, the only way to go to Heaven is to accept Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour. If you don't, you go to Hell

The Bible says nothing like that.
First of all, we believers will be on earth.

And I saw the Holy City, Jerusalem, descending new out of Heaven from God, like a bride adorned in readiness for her husband.
And I heard a loud voice from the throne, which said--'See! the Tabernacle of God is set up among men. God will dwell among them, and they will be his Peoples, and God himself will be among them,

(Revelation 21:2,3, TCNT).

Hell will be gone.

And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

(Revelation 20:14,15, KJV).

if mormons are considered "saved"

They aren't considered "saved."
The only people who are saved are the ones who do this...

For, if with your lips you acknowledge the truth of the Message that JESUS IS LORD, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you shall be saved.
For with their hearts men believe and so attain to righteousness, while with their lips they make their Profession of Faith and so find Salvation.

(Romans 10:9,10, TCNT).

*Originally posted by Avatar
I do not need to be saved from anything.

You need to be saved from thinking that.

The Bible says nothing like that.

Yes it does!!!! The only way to be saved and to go to heaven for eternity is to accept Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour. Aren't you Christian man??? This is one of the most basic and important concept in Christianity. I don't understand your arguement here?

from tony1:

The only people who are saved are the ones who do this...
For, if with your lips you acknowledge the truth of the Message that JESUS IS LORD, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you shall be saved.

Ok ;), but you said:

Because everyone goes to hell.
:(
Because:

hell is the grave

So how does doing the above save you from hell? Or, you were being didactic about that and clarifying the translation of "Hell"? So you do believe in punishment after death that people need to be saved from? But I was under the impression that Mormons DO do the above acceptence of Jesus, right? I look forward to your explanation tony. :confused:

*Originally posted by LIGHTBEING
Yes it does!!!! The only way to be saved and to go to heaven for eternity is to accept Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour.

The way to live forever is to accept Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour.
Heaven is another story.
No one will be there.

And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

(Revelation 21:2,3, KJV).

*Aren't you Christian man??? This is one of the most basic and important concept in Christianity.*

Yes, I'm Christian, and yes it is one of the most basic concepts.
That's why it would be relatively important to get the concept correct.

So how does doing the above save you from hell?

It saves us OUT of hell.

In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

(1 Corinthians 15:52-54, KJV).

*So you do believe in punishment after death that people need to be saved from?*

Death IS the punishment, the second death specifically.

*But I was under the impression that Mormons DO do the above acceptence of Jesus, right?*

They may do that acceptance of some Jesus, but not the one who actually conquered death.

how 'bout this...

Do Morons go to hell?
:D :D

they can't understand wich one is right or wrong, do they? :bugeye:

Back