Do Bigfoots, Yetis & Yowies Have Human Rights In The Eyes Of The Law?

Do Bigfoots, Yetis & Yowies Have Human Rights In The Eyes Of The Law?

• Total voters
I had my suspicions alright..:p

Digest of Federal Resource Laws of Interest to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service

Endangered Species Act of 1973
Endangered Species Act of 1973 (16 U.S.C. 1531-1544, 87 Stat. 884), as amended -- Public Law 93-205, approved December 28, 1973, repealed the Endangered Species Conservation Act of December 5, 1969 (P.L. 91-135, 83 Stat. 275). The 1969 Act had amended the Endangered Species Preservation Act of October 15, 1966 (P.L. 89-669, 80 Stat. 926).

The 1973 Act implemented the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (T.I.A.S. 8249), signed by the United States on March 3, 1973, and the Convention on Nature Protection and Unicorn Preservation in the Western Hemisphere (50 Stat. 1354), signed by the United States on October 12, 1940.
http://www.fws.gov/laws/lawsdigest/ESACT.html

Digest of Federal Resource Laws of Interest to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service

Endangered Species Act of 1973
Endangered Species Act of 1973 (16 U.S.C. 1531-1544, 87 Stat. 884), as amended -- Public Law 93-205, approved December 28, 1973, repealed the Endangered Species Conservation Act of December 5, 1969 (P.L. 91-135, 83 Stat. 275). The 1969 Act had amended the Endangered Species Preservation Act of October 15, 1966 (P.L. 89-669, 80 Stat. 926).

The 1973 Act implemented the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (T.I.A.S. 8249), signed by the United States on March 3, 1973, and the Convention on Nature Protection and Unicorn Preservation in the Western Hemisphere (50 Stat. 1354), signed by the United States on October 12, 1940.
http://www.fws.gov/laws/lawsdigest/ESACT.html
I couldn't access the link though. Where are the references to Bigfoots etc? I'd be impressed if there really was a reference to these mythical creatures in U.S law.

I couldn't access the link though. Where are the references to Bigfoots etc? I'd be impressed if there really was a reference to these mythical creatures in U.S law.

I'm not sure if this law references the "unicorn" or any other mythical creature, but you how the news media can put names to things like this as a way of increasing hype and readership.

However, he might be refering to a law that was passed years ago that basically said that hunters can't just go shooting "something" if they don't know what it is! In many of the stories of Big Foot, there were many about people organizing to go out and hunt the creatures, trapping it if possible, but killing it if they couldn't trap it. That law made it illegal just to kill somethiung in order to have a look at it.

Baron Max

Are they genetically humans?
Since there's no DNA of these things, it's yet to be determined. Though I'd put my money on "No."

If it's not genetically a human, then it gets no human rights. It's kinda in the name, after all.

I'm not sure if this law references the "unicorn" or any other mythical creature, but you how the news media can put names to things like this as a way of increasing hype and readership.

However, he might be refering to a law that was passed years ago that basically said that hunters can't just go shooting "something" if they don't know what it is! In many of the stories of Big Foot, there were many about people organizing to go out and hunt the creatures, trapping it if possible, but killing it if they couldn't trap it. That law made it illegal just to kill somethiung in order to have a look at it.

Baron Max
Thanks, that makes more sense.

That's funny, I checked it and it works for me. Are you behind a proxy?
It worked this time. Nice piccy. lol :)

Just a quick post to ask any Australians (or interested internationals) what they know about the Yowie and it's historical basis.

They are creatures that had a place in Aboriginal legend, and are still around today. There are sightings all over the country and on rare occasions photos and/or video.

Yowie Hunters is the Australian organisation that has been formed to hunt and document the beasts, and i personally have had to call them in in the past... that experience is one of the reasons i'm starting this thread, to hear from other people so i can compare notes.

The Australian Yowie Research Centre conducts scientific study into the possiblity of there actually being creatures in the bush, and is also useful as a central hub for a network of Yowie websites.

So what do you think? Just another Bigfoot? Hoaxes? Possibly an entirely seperate species due to Australia's remoteness? Let us know

To start things off, here is my experience... which i posted in another forum not long ago.

A friend of mine's house backs onto a reserve in which strange stuff has been happening for years, it is a local urban legend if you want to call it that. It is a few hectares of bushland surrounding a billabong (Australian slang for small murky lake) and i really don't know why developers hadn't baught it up and destroyed it yet. Pets dissapear regularly from the houses surrounding it, and the wildlife and herritage mob find dead kangaroos (mutilated sometimes) in and around the reserve when they do their inspections also.

You believe. Oh good.
The ability to interbreed or not is a good indicator of being the same specie (or whatever the correct term is).
If they can't breed with us they aren't human.
If they aren't human why should they have human rights?
So the Yeti, etc. is a Neanderthal?

Oli lay off :p

Obviously anything closely related to us deserves the same or near the same rights as us. Anything else is mean :)

None of these "creatures" has ever been captured alive, only on film, so until one is actually captured and gets a lawyer we shouldn't believe in them at all!

Just a quick post to ask any Australians (or interested internationals) what they know about the Yowie and it's historical basis.

They are creatures that had a place in Aboriginal legend, and are still around today. There are sightings all over the country and on rare occasions photos and/or video.

Yowie Hunters is the Australian organisation that has been formed to hunt and document the beasts, and i personally have had to call them in in the past... that experience is one of the reasons i'm starting this thread, to hear from other people so i can compare notes.

The Australian Yowie Research Centre conducts scientific study into the possiblity of there actually being creatures in the bush, and is also useful as a central hub for a network of Yowie websites.

So what do you think? Just another Bigfoot? Hoaxes? Possibly an entirely seperate species due to Australia's remoteness? Let us know

To start things off, here is my experience... which i posted in another forum not long ago.

A friend of mine's house backs onto a reserve in which strange stuff has been happening for years, it is a local urban legend if you want to call it that. It is a few hectares of bushland surrounding a billabong (Australian slang for small murky lake) and i really don't know why developers hadn't baught it up and destroyed it yet. Pets dissapear regularly from the houses surrounding it, and the wildlife and herritage mob find dead kangaroos (mutilated sometimes) in and around the reserve when they do their inspections also.
I was convinced after reading all the reports from the cryptozoological book on 'Yowies'. Would their rights be influenced by their behaviour I wonder?

None of these "creatures" has ever been captured alive, only on film, so until one is actually captured and gets a lawyer we shouldn't believe in them at all!
The film shots are all blurry. What if there was clear-as-crystal footage which put the truth of their existence beyond resonable doubt?

An actual specimen is what would put the truth of their existence beyond reasonable doubt
You think the authoriries would let this revelation against Religion be broadcast?? It'll just be another Roswell cover-up of cryptozoological creatures that otherwise would unduly alarm the general public IMHO. I'm all for letting the truth be known, I think.

You think the authoriries would let this revelation against Religion be broadcast??

I doubt the "authorities" would care and depending on the circumstances it could be extremely difficult to keep out of the news.

It'll just be another Roswell cover-up of cryptozoological creatures

Could I interesting you in some ray damping foil?

I doubt the "authorities" would care and depending on the circumstances it could be extremely difficult to keep out of the news.
May be so. It doesn't bother me either way. If bigfoots/yowies are ever proven to exist, do you think that this will open the door for wild and spurious accounts of other unknown earth creatures?

Back