Divine Knowledge

Originally posted by scilosopher
There might not be a point to life, but I certainly have learned a lot from biology and I think it provides the best cues to understanding what life at least should be about. There's something about how it's organized, that's hard to sum up, which makes you see how beautiful the universe is and how much more amazing it will be as it's given time to evolve ... even if we kill ourselves off and miss the show. I hope there is a god just so somone gets to see the whole thing. Would be a waste if no one does.

Don't worry...be happy...the universe is unfolding the way it should. Civilizations will rise and fall...after we are gone, new ones will come...either on our planet or a planet elsewhere in the galaxy...if we have not learned anything, may be they will and last a long...long time to cherish and enjoy the beauty of the universe.

The Rig Veda is full of such tribute to the creation written many thousand years ago... thier contributions are to a future civilization to cherish with awe...

Waste...? Nay, we may be the first ones in the galaxy but new and better ones will evolve from the growth of complexity as the universe ages, grows, and learns...

Maybe these occurrences happen to give the believer something to keep believing in. Or maybe there just something the religious addict made up to prove his point. I consider myself an atheist but I do have a very open mind. The whole point of us having free will is to decide what we think is best for us. (What a great thing this is) But by me saying there is no way that God exists, than I am just as bad as the religious addict that says there is no way he doesn’t exist. I mean, isn’t it possible that maybe a God does exist and he put us here and gave us free will to see if in fact we will choose him? I go to church occasionally and the most I get out of it is to try and be a better person. What is wrong with this? Even if he doesn’t exist, the bible has some really good ideals. (Love thy neighbor, treat others as you want to be treated, etc) . Just because most people interpret what the bibles says to suit themselves, doesn’t mean you couldn’t learn a thing or two from it. Just a thought…. :)

Back