Difference between Jesus and others

Really back to the topic

What is the difference between Jesus and others:

I believe that Jesus Christ peace be upon him is a prophet. A prophet is a human responsible of recieving a divine message. Now we have to ask ourselves, what characteristic of that human is important in performing the job of a profit. The answer is honesty. But not any honesty. For example, I can be called honest by safe keeping an item that Cris or Joe entrusted me with. I'm being physically and mentally honest in not touching something that doesn't belong to me. Now how do we guage honesty when it comes in the form of transmitting words. I consider myself honest, yet I find myself uncontollably twisting others words, because I don't agree with them, so I have to change things a bit. Prophets have a clear heart and conscious, one that transmit the words as they are without lying or changing them. Moses, Jesus, and Muhammed all had honest hearts, they are 100% correct filters for divinity, they were prechosen for this ability.

If we look at artists for example, you will find some that have pure senses. For example, Mozart had a divine ability to perfect music, he was born with it, and I don't believe a bit that it was developmental. The prophets are similarly born to bring nations the teachings of god, just like Einstein was born a great scientist, Shakespeare a writer, and many others.

Re: Re: My religion

Originally posted by river-wind
my religion.
someday, the sun will not rise
someday, anyone who breathes will cease to breath
take advantage of now, because someday now will not be.

this is a good thread. some real logical backing and serious arguments.

My religion.
I glorify my Creator who is my Soul.
I'm here in bodily form, and because I'm here, my Soul is blessed.
I'm breathing now, and my Soul is blessed to be alive.
I'm carrying the Spirit of God on Earth.
When breathing stops, my Soul will be blessed for completing my mission.
I am one with my Creator on Earth.
There is no death--only life.
While I'm here, I will nourish my body and my mind.
When my body is gone, my Soul will continue to be a part of the Greater Energy which is the Spirit of God.
I have died, my Soul has risen, and I will come again for eternity.

Re: Really back to the topic

Originally posted by Flores
What is the difference between Jesus and others:

I believe that Jesus Christ peace be upon him is a prophet. A prophet is a human responsible of recieving a divine message.

... Moses, Jesus, and Muhammed all had honest hearts, they are 100% correct filters for divinity, they were prechosen for this ability.

_____

This is a good example why religion is a SCAM.

They teach you this nonsense. They have their own colleges, like Biola, where rational thought is locked out.

You can take any human and make up lies about him.

Like, "He was a 100% correct filter for divinity."

You spout nonsense with every word.

And if I say it's nonsense, they call me names and threaten that God the Great Bully will torture me.

It's sick.

Re: Re: Really back to the topic

Originally posted by RileyWins
[BAnd if I say it's nonsense, they call me names and threaten that God the Great Bully will torture me.

It's sick. [/B]

And why would I threaten you with torture, you are doing a great job yourself to your soul.....

The prophets were messagers and divine filters, but in no way did they have power to guide one soul in the correct way. So do you expect misely me or any other theist to even think about guiding you......We won't dream of it.

[2.272] To make them walk in the right way is not incumbent on you, but Allah guides aright whom He pleases; and whatever good thing you spend, it is to your own good; and you do not spend but to seek Allah's pleasure; and whatever good things you spend shall be paid back to you in full, and you shall not be wronged.

If I do not believe then I'm surely dead.

Finally we get to the truth of the matter....

The main difference is that Catholics believe that Mary is the Mother of God

Lol, so god and jesus are brothers? or jesus is marys grandson? oh what the hell, it's all too confusing :D

Some more 'jesus is NOT god' quotes:

Hebrews 3: "but he deserves a greater glory than moses."

If he was god, that sentence would be completely pointless. This is all about prophets and priests, not godly beings. jesus would be a priest- nothing more- as said by god:

"the lord has sworn an oath he will never retract: You are a priest forever."

I doubt god would be making an oath to himself that he will no longer be god anymore. Many other people held jesus rank before him but death meant they could not continue. jesus supposedly lives forever so the job was given to him- ok, that sounds like some magical divine power to be able to live forever but he is not alone with that talent. Melchizedek also lives forever. Maybe gods actually a quartet then? :D Tonight in concert: god and the heavenly tones! god on drums, jesus on vocals, the holy spirit on harp...

It's written in black and white for everyone to read. jesus himself says he's not god countless times, im surprised you guys missed it. Now i suggest you pay attention to what god commanded and remove that golden idol of a false god from around your necks or you too might be joining us athiests on the eternal barbecue.

Dont forget, jesus also hasnt fulfilled the prophecies that god said the messiah would fulfil- and thats how we'd recognise the messiah. Anyone else should be regarded as a false prophet- so god said.

Back