Did you know that........

smoking revolver
Valued Senior Member
It is impossible to lick your elbow.

A crocodile can't stick it's tongue out.

A shrimp's heart is in their head.

People say "Bless you" when you sneeze because when you sneeze, your heart stops for a mili-second.

In a study of 200,000 ostriches over a period of 80 years, no one reported a single case where an ostrich buried its
head in the sand.

It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.

A pregnant goldfish is called a twit

Between 1937 and 1945 Heinz produced a version of Alphabetti Spaghetti especially for the German market that consisted solely of little pasta swastikas.

On average, a human being will have sex more than 3,000 times and spend two weeks kissing in their lifetime.

More than 50% of the people in the world have never made or received a telephone call.

Rats and horses can't vomit.

The "sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick" is said to be the toughest tongue twister in the English language.

If you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib. If you try to suppress a sneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die. If you keep your eyes open by force, they can pop out.

Rats multiply so quickly that in 18 months, two rats could have over million descendants.

Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times.

In every episode of Seinfeld there is a Superman somewhere.

The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.

Thirty-five percent of the people who use personal ads for dating are already married.

A duck's quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why.

23% of all photocopier faults worldwide are caused by people sitting on them and photocopying their buttocks.

In the course of an average lifetime you will, while sleeping, eat 70 assorted insects and 10 spiders.

Most lipstick contains fish scales.

Cat's urine glows under a black-light.

Like fingerprints, everyone's tongue print is different.

Over 75% of people who read this will try to lick their elbow.

What exactly constitutes an elbow? Is it the tip, the side, or could it possibly be the part behind the elbow, where your skin folds? I just want some clarification, 'tis all.

Critiques R us

<i>People say "Bless you" when you sneeze because when you sneeze, your heart stops for a mili-second.</i>

I don't think so.

<i>It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.</i>

Why?

<i>If you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib. If you try to suppress a sneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die. If you keep your eyes open by force, they can pop out.</i>

Doubtful.

<i>Thirty-five percent of the people who use personal ads for dating are already married.</i>

Where's this statistic from?

<i>A duck's quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why.</i>

This is undeniably false.

<i>23% of all photocopier faults worldwide are caused by people sitting on them and photocopying their buttocks.</i>

I seriously doubt it. Source?

<i>Most lipstick contains fish scales.</i>

Why?

<i>Over 75% of people who read this will try to lick their elbow.</i>

I doubt it, but then again, that was a joke, right?

fascinating -- accurate or not

> It is impossible to lick your elbow.
I've seen people on the internet who can do more than that . . .

> People say "Bless you" when you sneeze because when you sneeze, your heart stops for a millisecond.
People are superstitious morons.

> On average, a human being will have sex more than 3,000 times and spend two weeks kissing in their lifetime.
Does more than one person have to be involved? If not, that average seems low.

> More than 50% of the people in the world have never made or received a telephone call.
No one ever calls me.

> Rats and horses can't vomit.
Bet they wouldn't if they could.

> If you keep your eyes open by force (when sneezing), they can pop out.
I've always wanted to try that, but I'm too scared. I like my eyes where they are.

> Rats multiply so quickly that in 18 months, two rats could have over million descendants.
So why isn't it a compliment when you call a guy a rat?

> Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times.
Great. I only wear them everywhere I go.

> In every episode of Seinfeld there is a Superman somewhere.
Are we talking Nietzsche, here?

> The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.
If the people at Phillip-Morris had their way, it would have been invented before the wheel.

> Thirty-five percent of the people who use personal ads for dating are already married.
The problem is, they keep right on using them afterwards.

> A duck's quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why.
I have no clever remark for this one. That is just plain fascinating to me.

> 23% of all photocopier faults worldwide are caused by people sitting on them and photocopying their buttocks.
What happens with boobies? (My spell-check actually recognized the word "boobies" -- I'm going to have to question my roommate closely.

> In the course of an average lifetime you will, while sleeping, eat 70 assorted insects and 10 spiders.
I suppose I've put grosser things in my mouth.

> Most lipstick contains fish scales.
How appropriate.

> Like fingerprints, everyone's tongue print is different.
I'm working on a long-term comparison study -- let me know if you know of any willing participants.

> Over 75% of people who read this will try to lick their elbow.
Nope. I'm still working on reaching my balls.

Re: Critiques R us

Originally posted by James R
<i>People say "Bless you" when you sneeze because when you sneeze, your heart stops for a mili-second.</i>

I don't think so.

The reason was that when you sneeze your soul is escaping from your body, according to the theories of the time. That's the origin.

My family breeds and trains horses. I saw one of our mares vomit once when quite ill.

Hey, I don't stand for tht all these facts are true, just stumbled on them while surfing on inet and thought of posting them in FREE THOUGHTS not in Science&Biology&whatever.
I haven't done any experiments on horses rats or pigs;):D
Cheers!

Pollux V ...

If 'fun' consists of disseminating information under the title: 'Did you
know that .... ' then I've got one for you: Did you know ... that if you
kiss a frog you'll get a hard-on?

Good luck ... and take care :D

Anyone who gets an erection from kissing a frog has serious problems. :p

Hey, but can you actually prove tht those facts are not true. with different phrases not "not likely, doubtful etc" now I'm waiting for your evidence;):D
peace, don't drain your inet connection in search, but I keep my rights not to take serious both those facts and your claims tht they are not true.
Cheers!

ah, I love the state of maine, the smell of burning animal corpses in the air...

Funny, my sister used to kiss frogs all the time....

Here are some of mine:

Did you know that...

...it is very hard (if not impossible) to lick your genitals

...if you open a drawer there may be papers inside

...most humans have two legs (better count em to make sure!)

...when dogs are excited, they tend to bark (some more than others)

...a popular misconception in maine is that you must drive at least ten to fifteen miles under the speed limit and either not use turn signals or use the opposite one to the turn you are making. The typical, yokel-ish mainers tend to like to shoot things with an array of weapons ranging from staple guns to nostalgic tommy rifles. In fact it is considered that the first time a little mainer boy shoots his first weapon that he has become a man, as his intelligence is by then matched by most other mainers in the state.

...and finally: 75% of people reading this will try to lick their genitals.

sorry no humans can do tht, our backbone is not constructed tht way, thus I feel no need to try your experiment:D

Back