Did Nothing Create Everything?

What topic?
Exactly. It's been off-topic for about 10 posts.
You applied the epithet "deaf ears" to criticisms of SA6's conjecture about e Exodus, and I pointed out that's demonstrably inaccurate. Why don't we leave it at that?

If there's no to say from SA6 and/or his listeners, let's give it room to be said.

Exactly. It's been off-topic for about 10 posts.
You applied the epithet "deaf ears" to criticisms of SA6's conjecture about e Exodus, and I pointed out that's demonstrably inaccurate. Why don't we leave it at that?

If there's no to say from SA6 and/or his listeners, let's give it room to be said.
That's nothing in the grand scheme of things, this actual thread has been off topic a lot longer than 10 posts.

What has that got to do with anything? Have I just created a new topic? No, but carry on.

It sure seems more like denial then it is disagreement. For example, it's denial of the fact the rocks were not blackened by fire, not disagreement. It's denial the artifact was a forgery with mistranslated inscriptions, not disagreement. If you actually disagreed with the science, then you would have some other science to back up your disagreements, but you don't. All you keep saying is for us to read the Exodus account because you believe it aligns perfectly with the site. That's not science, that's wishful thinking.

Reading the Exodus Account and comparing it to the evidence on the ground is a very reasonable place to start. It is not the end of the investigation, it is only the beginning.

I also provided sources from PHD level scientists that anyone can study if they would like to know more. Those scientists have not been persuaded by the counter arguments, because they are poor arguments.

I also provided sources from PHD level scientists that anyone can study if they would like to know more. Those scientists have not been persuaded by the counter arguments, because they are poor arguments.
That might be because they have reversed the onus.

Critics don't necessarily need to make any counter-arguments. They need only draw attention to the flaws and gaps in the claimant's arguments.

Reading the Exodus Account and comparing it to the evidence on the ground is a very reasonable place to start. It is not the end of the investigation, it is only the beginning.

It doesn't appear to be an investigation in which science is involved, unfortunately.

Poor arguments like showing an artifact was faked, that a blackened mountain was not blackened by fire? They aren't persuaded because they are in denial, they continue to make claims to that which has already been shown false. That's not disagreement, that's denial. They aren't doing science, they are confirming their bias, and yours.

Why is it unfortunate?

It's unfortunate because these guys are calling it science, which does little more than give science a bad name and is a perfect example of why some people don't trust scientists. In their zealotry to confirm their religious bias, they run science through the mud. Deplorable behavior.

It's unfortunate because these guys are calling it science, which does little more than give science a bad name and is a perfect example of why some people don't trust scientists. In their zealotry to confirm their religious bias, they run science through the mud. Deplorable behavior.
What do you think their motive is?

To sell books for profit. There's big bucks in religious zealotry and gullibility. If I had no morals, ethics or conscience, I'd probably do it too.
Surely you can write easier books?

Would you imagine books on this subject being big sellers?

Surely you can write easier books?

Would you imagine books on this subject being big sellers?

No idea, but I think religious book revenues in the US alone are about $600 million each year. That ain't chump change.

It doesn't appear to be an investigation in which science is involved, unfortunately.

Poor arguments like showing an artifact was faked, that a blackened mountain was not blackened by fire? They aren't persuaded because they are in denial, they continue to make claims to that which has already been shown false. That's not disagreement, that's denial. They aren't doing science, they are confirming their bias, and yours.

I would not defend any artifacts that are faked. If it is faked, I would throw that piece of "evidence" out the window. I do not trust Bob Cornuke. I never have. He seems to be in it for fame and fortune, in my opinion.

Throwing out one fake artifact does not make an entire Mountain disappear off the Map. The Mountain and the rest of the relevant evidence there still remains. And needs more scientific research.

Was the Split Rock faked? I really don't think so.

I trust you would not suppress evidence.

If you wish, please review the following article regarding the Blackened Top...

https://jabalmaqla.com/blackened-peak/

Last edited:
I would not defend any artifacts that are faked.
Not knowingly, no.

But your zeal to make your case will surely gum up your b*llsh*t detectors, so that you trust evidence that an objective analyst would not.

You would not be aware of it, so you can't simply say you'd "throw fake evidence away".

I would not defend any artifacts that are faked. If it is faked, I would throw that piece of "evidence" out the window. I do not trust Bob Cornuke. I never have. He seems to be in it for fame and fortune, in my opinion.

Throwing out one fake artifact does not make an entire Mountain disappear off the Map. The Mountain and the rest of the relevant evidence there still remains. And needs more scientific research.

So this quest for truth you're on, what motivates discussion this topic? Are you trying to convert atheists into theists or just showing evidence to support the position "no I'm not completely delusional, I have evidence to show my delusion could in fact be reality". Or just just a genuine fascination that God was on a mountain in the middle east, showed up as a burning bush.... a bush.

Not knowingly, no.

But your zeal to make your case will surely gum up your b*llsh*t detectors, so that you trust evidence that an objective analyst would not.

You would not be aware of it, so you can't simply say you'd "throw fake evidence away".

People in this thread were adamant that there is no evidence for the Exodus or for God.

I believe there is, so I presented a very small part of the available evidence, so they could review it for themselves.

I expect everyone to make their own decision.

I have bias, you have bias, we all have bias.

Selling books on the subject rather than submitting peer reviewed papers is about fame and fortune, too

There is no scientific research being conducted, if there were, we would see the peer reviewed papers rather than having to buy his books.

Dude, split rocks are all over the planet, you would be hard pressed not to find one on any given mountain range.

What evidence?

You're friend, Bob Cornuke is cited in that article and you're using it to support your argument, yet you say you don't trust him.

Pretty funny. It sounds like Bob has found the blackened top wasn't caused by fire, yet he claims something completely different in his videos.

What a circus, with Bob in the center ring.

People in this thread were adamant that there is no evidence for the Exodus or for God.

I believe there is, so I presented a very small part of the available evidence, so they could review it for themselves.

I expect everyone to make their own decision.

I have bias, you have bias, we all have bias.

Your bias is to confirm your religious beliefs, ours is motivated by science. We're interested in the truth, you're interested in embracing ancient myths and superstitions. Comparing apples with oranges.

Selling books on the subject rather than submitting peer reviewed papers is about fame and fortune, too

There is no scientific research being conducted, if there were, we would see the peer reviewed papers rather than having to buy his books.

Dude, split rocks are all over the planet, you would be hard pressed not to find one on any given mountain range.

What evidence?

You're friend, Bob Cornuke is cited in that article and you're using it to support your argument, yet you say you don't trust him.

Pretty funny. It sounds like Bob has found the blackened top wasn't caused by fire, yet he claims something completely different in his videos.

What a circus, with Bob in the center ring.

I was hoping you would notice the references to Bob Cornuke in the article I provided.

Glad you enjoyed it and had a laugh!

Back