Did Jesus exist?

The devil is the tormenter of hell not Jesus and only a very small percentage of sinners are evil and awful enough for the eternal suffering.

Funny thing that

I understood god created the devil

Why isn't god like Harry Truman with a sign on his desk

The Buck Stops Here

***""""
the buck stops here (or with someone)
phrase of buck
  1. 1.
    informal
    the responsibility for something cannot or should not be passed to someone else.
    "in the past you could spread the blame, but now the buck stops here"
Google (my highlight)

In the case of god surely there is no (or with someone)?

:)

If we glean even a little truth from an idea, does it have at least a little value?

I contend some ideas are like hypothetical negative matter

Read about the idea and your brain decreases in its IQ

:)

If we glean even a little truth from an idea, does it have at least a little value?
There is some value in secular wisdom, but when presented in the context of promoting a supernatural worldview, it's value is debatable. I'm in favor of treating the Bible as the collected stories and myths of ancient Jews.

You know, saying we're wrong isn't the same thing as saying you're right. But then you're not right, so you can't say that. Doesn't leave you much.
It's not a matter of being "right" or "wrong." Rather than confront an idea, maybe we should face it as a possible alternative. We might learn something about our self and others by doing so.

Because that's all you see when you look at it.
I did acknowledge that it contained wisdom, but that it's wisdom is independent of supernatural claims. I think I'm being generous. At worst, it's a guide to justify doing horrible shit in the name of god. As an endorsement of slavery, misogyny, homophobia, and witch-burning, it's hardly a moral guide.

I did acknowledge that it contained wisdom, but that it's wisdom is independent of supernatural claims. I think I'm being generous. At worst, it's a guide to justify doing horrible shit in the name of god. As an endorsement of slavery, misogyny, homophobia, and witch-burning, it's hardly a moral guide.
Don't forget genocide, child abuse, etc.

Back