Denial of evolution II

Status
Not open for further replies.
>.> I guess I'd rather not argue with the anti-evolution people. I just wish that they'd be still swinging from one tree to another.

My attitude is that Baron Max has had his voice. Well and truly. Now he is simply parroting the same re-hashed stuff with each post. His last few posts have simply boiled down to "evolution is just a theory". That sort of nonsense has been dealt with ad nauseam. I don’t see the value of wasting any more bandwidth re-explaining then re-explaining then re-explaining the scientific method to him over and over again. He doesn’t want to listen; he doesn’t want to learn. And, my assessment is that he is trolling. He is goading people with posts that are designed to wind people up. That most certainly is against the rules.

Last edited:
Sure he has. That's his thing, but banning him from discussing it doesn't really do anything. If more people just ignored his posts and didn't respond to him, eventually he'd get bored and go away. I understand your viewpoint, but I disagree with the method of shutting him up.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen the ignore strategy work on an internet forum with more than a few dozen participants. There will always be someone who takes the bait and allows a troll to continue trolling. Always. Ignoring just doesn’t work.

And, after all, this is Sciforums. I think that some standards should be applied in the science sub-sections. This does not preclude genuine inquiry from people who are confused about a particular scientific topic, and does not preclude genuine debate on scientific issues. But as we all know, these do not apply to Baron Max. He is not genuinely confused, he is wilfully ignorant.

One feathered wing proves that there were winged creatures, it says nothing about any transition from one creature to another ...regardless of some biologist's "guess/prediction".

See here for what we can really learn from a transitional fossilised winged creature.

Make an effort.

My attitude is that Baron Max has had his voice. Well and truly. Now he is simply parroting the same re-hashed stuff with each post. His last few posts have simply boiled down to "evolution is just a theory". That sort of nonsense has been dealt with ad nauseam. I don’t see the value of wasting any more bandwidth re-explaining then re-explaining then re-explaining the scientific method to him over and over again. He doesn’t want to listen; he doesn’t want to learn. And, my assessment is that he is trolling. He is goading people with posts that are designed to wind people up. That most certainly is against the rules.
I agree. This topic is enough of a nightmare for us. So much so that we took the unusual step of confining it to its own little ghetto. There are plenty of genuinely antiscientific people who come here and spout faith and fallacies that we have to spend bandwidth responding to, but at least they do it sincerely. Max just gets a kick out of pissing people off. I could almost forgive him if he was a know-it-all teenager, but he's about my age and he should be helping to keep this place in order like a good elder. He's like the cranky old uncle that you have to invite to Thanksgiving dinner but he always starts spouting off and ruining it.

It's a shame. Whenever there's a discussion about the two or three things that he actually knows something about, he's very articulate and reasonable and a good contributor.

I got effectively booted out of The Science Forum for a much more restrained moderator outburst after much more intense provocation. Do you think your comments were wise?

Funny, everyone there thought you left in a huff and were asking you to come back, even me. :shrug:

I agree. This topic is enough of a nightmare for us. So much so that we took the unusual step of confining it to its own little ghetto. There are plenty of genuinely antiscientific people who come here and spout faith and fallacies that we have to spend bandwidth responding to, but at least they do it sincerely. Max just gets a kick out of pissing people off. I could almost forgive him if he was a know-it-all teenager, but he's about my age and he should be helping to keep this place in order like a good elder. He's like the cranky old uncle that you have to invite to Thanksgiving dinner but he always starts spouting off and ruining it.

It's a shame. Whenever there's a discussion about the two or three things that he actually knows something about, he's very articulate and reasonable and a good contributor.

Considering that you've had some serious "cranky" moments yourself, Fraggle, seems like you could cut him some slack but I suspect you actually have. He's more consistently cranky than you are.

Funny, everyone there thought you left in a huff and were asking you to come back, even me. :shrug:
Note the qualifier effectively. Certain behaviours patterns are offensive to me. I may return later this year in Coberst mode.

Has Max given up on this thread? All I wanted him to do was spend just ten minutes watching that video, and to come back with some comments.

and god said....

ALLAH KABLAMO ZAP !?!?!?!

and it was good.

bible according to them hipety hopety folk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, mums the word, then. Look forward to the fun.
I doubt it will be much funfor observers. I shall simply post a series of opinionated observations that are either scatty, or blindingly obvious, then refuse to engage any other poster in meaningful dialogue. It seems to make him happy, so it might work for others.

Has Max given up on this thread? ...
No. See mod's post 315. If he posts, his post are quickly deleted. A great error IMHO for the good of the thread.

For example there have been now (counting this one & 315) 24 posts with essentially zero science content in them. I have in many posts in many threads noted how useful the Baron is - His trolling and obnoxious way of doing so is all that was keeping the thread useful via the replies.

Saquist, the Visitor and a few others anti-evolutionists, even with their combined efforts, fall far short of the good the Baron was doing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update;

Make that 26 posts with little science value since the Baron can no longer post.

I predict that if he is not allowed to soon, this thread will sink in the abyss of the archives, as well it should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back