Defying the Will of God???

god's will cannot be denied - if one is destined to die all the paramedics in the world cannot increase life by a second and if one is destined to live, one can crawl out of the most certain death experiences

its not so much about defying god's will - it seem syou are more in line with addresing the variety of options that a variety of theists use to deal with their problems - sure, a pure devotee would see everything as god's will, but since over 99% of persons who identify themselves as theists are not practicing on such a pure platform, it woul dbe unnatural for them to pretend that they are (although sime foolish theists have no reservations about such pretensions ....)

Can God's will be denied or thwarted?

I would say yes it can. For if I say no, then whatever "is" or "exists" is God's will. And all of the evil that exists in this world is God's will. Everytime an innocent woman gets raped and murdered. That was God's will?

Am I supposed to praise Him for this?

"In this world, is the destiny of man ruled by some...transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of God hovering above? At least it is true, that man has no control - even over his own will."

Everyone who claims to follow the will of God, and yet still breathes, is a hypocrit.

There is only striving in this world or death.

Medicine Woman:

I'm going to make a thread on astro-theology. I'd like to discuss/debate it with you.

Can God's will be denied or thwarted?

I would say yes it can. For if I say no, then whatever "is" or "exists" is God's will. And all of the evil that exists in this world is God's will. Everytime an innocent woman gets raped and murdered. That was God's will?

that is also god's will - the nature of cause and effect of the eternal living entity in the ephemeral medium of the material world is difficult to comprehend - sinful reactions have been likened to the growth of a fruit, in that before one 'tastes' the reaction there are various phases where it may be even invisible (seed lying dormant)

Padma Purana
"There are different stages of dormant reactions to sinful activities to be observed in a sinful life. Sinful reactions may be just waiting to take effect [phalonmukha], reactions may be still further dormant [kūṭa], or the reactions may be in a seedlike state [bīja]. In any case, all types of sinful reactions are vanquished one after another if a person engages in the devotional service of Lord Viṣṇu."

therefore there are repeated appeals to the 'will' of the living entity to take up actual religiousity to better their interest

SB 11.14.19: My dear Uddhava, just as a blazing fire turns firewood into ashes, similarly, devotion unto Me completely burns to ashes sins committed by My devotees.

Am I supposed to praise Him for this?
A criminal in jail may not feel inclined to praise the justice system, but then the justice system has a higher purpose than not violating everyone's notion of short term benefit

Last edited:
:) Good point SetiAlpha6, I don't have my own will. I'm wondering, will he give me a new teeth:eek:

Back