December 21, 2012 Mayan Event

how could i show evidence of that? what evidence can there be exept the akashic records?
Then if there's no evidence you're making unsupported statements: an opinion in other words.

Crom is displeased with this talk of Akashic records.

Best not to bother him now, though: He'll send you dooms, not fortunes!

The crazy idea that because the current Mayan calendar cycle happens to end in 2012, the world will also end then.

That's what I thought too, they just run out of days or something right?

It's kinda like how Bill Gates thought we'd never use more than 512mb of ram or 20gig of harddrive space.

2012 is simply the beginning of a new cycle for the mayans. The mayan calendar was cyclical based in that it was built cycle upon cycle. 2012 just happens to be the end of ALL of these cycles, something that does not happen for thousands of years(forget exactly how long)

Yeah. There are places on the web that explain the Mayan calendar. It is quite complicated. The reason it ends is partly because of the base of the number system they used (something like base 60, from memory), and the number of "entries" for months, years etc. in the date format.

It's kind of the Mayan equivalent of the Y2K bug.

My calendar on the wall ends on 31st December 2008. It was made by an extremely smart civilization who have managed to go to the moon, and many other amazing achievements.

I keep reading about this Mayan event that is supposed to happen in 2012. Is the Earth's polarity going to be reversed? Is earth going to be aligned with the galactic center that will enable contact with the "lost races" of man? Any thoughts about what this has to do with the crystal skulls? Maybe I should just party my ass off for the next 4 years knowing that the world is going to end.

Crystal skulls? It has nothing to do with crystal skulls. The skulls are 20th century fakes.

It's kinda like how Bill Gates thought we'd never use more than 512mb of ram or 20gig of harddrive space.

Actually, the only time I remeber Gates saying anything like that was when he declared that 64k of RAM was more than enough for anyone.;)

That was probably true, given the time it was said.

It was, almost. I can't remember the exact quote but it was more like, "64k of RAM (or memory) is more than anyone will ever need (or use)."

And I'm certain that it included that specific word - "EVER." :D

Back