Death, Resurrection, Sacrifice, and the Trinity.

Cris

In search of Immortality
Valued Senior Member
Death, Resurrection, Sacrifice, and the Trinity.

This topic is a spin-off from the “Crucifixion is a Fraud” thread. Over the history of the religion forum here at sciforums death has been debated a number of times and there have been many imaginative suggestions, none of which reached a conclusion, or at least none that I could detect. In the crucifix thread I tried to avoid the mention of death since I expected that would detract from the intention of the topic, but that tactic somewhat backfired on me. So this topic is an attempt to clarify, if possible what we mean by death as it applies to humans and gods.

Death

To a materialist death is a cessation of bodily functions needed to sustain the viability of the brain. Once the brain begins to decay then the person will cease to exist. It is assumed in this respect that the cessation of existence is permanent and death means a final ending.

From what we know death does appear to be final since there is no evidence that anyone has ever returned from death, or any mechanism that could result in such a return.

For most the prospect of having to face a permanent non-existence at some point is clearly not attractive. Couple that with the very strong human desires for survival then it is understandable why so many refuse to accept that death is the end. Humans are great problem solvers and when faced with a problem they can’t resolve many resort to hope and wishful thinking, and hence religion was born.

The root cause of every significant religion is the provision of hope that death is not final. There are no facts, proofs or evidence; the claims are pure speculative imaginative fantasies, but offered as reality.

Christianity in particular, through its various sects has a variety of perspectives on death, all of which rely on a physical death not being a final end.

The dualistic concept in its simplest form involves a physical body and a soul that inhabits the body. When the body decays and becomes inanimate (dies) the soul continues to live and exist. However, the soul may or may not be considered eternal.

If the soul is not considered eternal then a person can have a physical death as well as a spiritual death.

Another variation implies that the soul cannot exist on its own and when the body dies the soul enters a state of limbo until it is resurrected into a body. Some consider that this will occur at the second coming of Christ, i.e. judgment day. (e.g. the meek shall inherit the earth).

Yet another variation is that the body and soul are inseparable and the soul dies when the body dies. This seems to be an obstinate view of insisting that materialists are wrong and that a soul must exist, however, in this definition there is no practical difference with the materialist definition.

I’ve seen other variations suggested in these forums and if you feel I’ve missed your favorite concept then please post your suggestion.

So what does it mean for a human to die? Is it: –

1. Permanent cessation of existence.
2. An indeterminate state of limbo.
3. The loss of the physical body.
4. The loss of the soul.
5. The loss of body and soul at the same instant.
6. Or maybe an eternity of torment in a fiery hell.
7. Something else.

I’m trying to avoid using the term death in this list since that is what I am trying to define and I have used the word ‘loss’. Loss implies that the lost state is potentially retrievable. This definition is important when considering that within religious mythology, just like a video game, anything is possible. I.e. there are no facts to constrain the imagination.

Resurrection.

And what would resurrection mean? Which of the states of death above allows itself to be resurrected? And does resurrection mean the return of the soul to a body or does it mean the return of the physical body?

But presumably an omnipotent god could resurrect anything even to the point of reconstituting the atoms and brain patterns that comprised a particular person. A supposedly permanently lost soul could also be resurrected. In this sense death by any definition does not imply permanence.

Death of God.

Now what about God? How is it possible to consider the death of a God?

As an aside: If God is considered omnipotent and immortal then we are instantly faced with a paradox. Immortality implies “cannot die” but omnipotence (can do anything) implies that God could commit suicide. But if he could commit suicide then he cannot be immortal. But if he can’t commit suicide then he can’t be omnipotent. Hmmm!

On the surface it would appear that God cannot die otherwise he would not be immortal. Christianity faced this obvious conclusion early in its history when it claimed Jesus had died (whatever that means) on the cross, but wait, Jesus is God and the bible clearly states there is only one God, so Jesus cannot die. Creative imagination was needed to overcome this obvious paradox.

The Trinity.

And here we need to consider the controversial aspect of Christianity known as the trinity. This is not universally accepted among Christians and was only introduced around the 4th century in an attempt to overcome the confusion described above (ref Nicene Creed). There is virtually nothing in the bible that supports the trinity and what does exist is something of a stretch. The bible overwhelmingly emphasizes that there is only ONE god. So the trinity concept has to make itself fit. However, multiple personalities of a single godhead are not new and were known long before Christianity. See the roots of Hinduism.

I find this diagram of the trinity helpful –

attachment.php

The concept seems to be of 3 entities comprising “another” single entity, where each of the components have independent properties. The best analogy I can find is that of H20 that can be vapor, water, and ice, and at the correct pressure and temperature can be all three at the same time (the triple point of water).

A more detailed explanation of how 3 can be 1 seems to be difficult to find. The best I could find was that it is a mystery and beyond our understanding. Sigh!

However, I have not debated the trinity before so if someone with greater knowledge on this would like to contribute then please do so. I am not claiming exhaustive research on this.

Another issue I have here is that the Christian god is defined as immutable (never changes), what he is now he has always been. This implies that the trinity has always existed. But Jesus seems to have been begotten through the Virgin Mary and if he were a separate entity, as one would imagine after procreation then Christianity should be a polytheistic religion. But the introduction of Jesus conflicts with the claim of immutability, and the bible clearly says there is only one god.

The trinity seems to be a pure paradox, and a failed explanation of how a god can die but not die. The trinity is a logical impossibility. A real fudge factor that seems to add spectacular confusion.

The trinity mess seems to scream out how it is a tangled web of deceit. Christianity with its fantasy claims of a sacrificed deity who isn’t divine but is really, and who isn’t another god but is really. How can anyone understand or explain this? The answer is no one can, it is a mystery because God is incomprehensible. A lame excuse for creating a paradox.

But what about the H2O analogy? This really isn’t the same thing. H2O is a building block, and much like bricks can be used to build three very different structures, one wouldn’t consider a brick to be a structure in its own right.

Sacrifice.

Like so many words ‘Sacrifice’ has multiple meanings. The most acceptable I suggest is that it indicates that something has been given up for a greater cause. I would also suggest that for a sacrifice to remain valid it cannot be taken back or undone. For example if I sacrifice much of my freedom to give aid to a disabled relative then there is no way I can get that time back. In most cases a sacrifice is an altruistic act.

The degree of sacrifice is also relevant. In the example above if the sacrifice is only for an hour, then fine, it is still a sacrifice but not really deserving of a medal, but 60 years caring for a disabled parent is significant. And 60 years is significant because that is a large percentage of an average lifespan.

In these examples sacrifices are time related, but if time is not a factor, for example for an infinite being then such sacrifices have little to no meaning.

Another type of sacrifice involves a physical loss. For example if my arm was caught and I was being pulled into some huge manufacturing machine then if I cut off my arm to save my life then that would be a valid sacrifice. In this case, again, the sacrifice is permanent. But if I knew I could easily re-grow the arm again then is there really a sacrifice, or if it is considered a sacrifice it really isn’t significant.

Sacrifice involving Death.

If the supernatural is non-existent then to voluntarily give up ones life or to give up the life of another would be the ultimate sacrifice. The removal of life is the most extreme sacrifice imaginable.

But if death does not mean a final end then death can never be considered an ultimate sacrifice. Like the loss of an arm in the example above, a supernatural realm implies that the arm can be re-grown. Or like a video game, simply start again.

And if death is not final and souls are eternal then a physical death is as insignificant as in my example of giving up an hour of my time to help a disabled relative.

Sacrifice of a god.

For any sacrifice to be meaningful there must be a permanent loss of some kind. The significance of the loss must also be weighed.

It is difficult to imagine any sacrifice that an omnipotent, infinite, omniscient, creator could make that could be seen as meaningful or significant. And I would assert here as in fact impossible.

All time-based sacrifices equate to zero for an infinite and immortal entity. The 3 days that Jesus was meant to be dead is effectively irrelevant in this context.

All death related sacrifices also have no meaning or significance for an immortal entity, since gods cannot die, and more importantly, they know it.

And any other potential sacrifices will be self-imposed if the entity is both omnipotent and the creator. Any cost or pain would have been of its own design and would be no candidate for any type of sympathy.

Conclusions.

Death really only has significance or meaning if it is permanent.

Religion creates a false hope that death is not permanent, or doesn’t have to be permanent.

Gods cannot die so any attempt to evoke sympathy for the death of a god is nonsense.

The trinity is a confused attempt to resolve a paradox that Christianity created for itself, and results in an even worse paradox.

For any sacrifice to have meaning and significance requires permanence, a real loss, or a majority of time. Gods cannot experience any of these.

Finale.

Christianity claims that Jesus sacrificed himself to atone for our sins since the punishment for sin is death. But if sin is such a big thing that required a sacrifice, then where is the sacrifice? It is alleged that Jesus lives, and God (the father), and God (the son) don’t seem to have experienced any meaningful, significant or permanent loss of anything. If that is so then I would assert that sin is equally meaningless.

And hence the crucifixion and resurrection debacle is just another elaborate and meaningless irrelevant religious fantasy. But a neat piece of mythology, which could be better if it was logically consistent.

Cris

PS. My thanks to blonde_cupid for inspiring me to look deeper.

Last edited:
Cris,

***My thanks to blonde_cupid for inspiring me to look deeper.***

You are very welcome.

Thanks to you for presenting a more in-depth discussion. I look forward to participating in kind.

Intepretartion is Essential

Cris, my little bunny... :D *rubing the hair*

I miss you... :D

Well... I'll present here the point of view of a Pscychologist. His name was Carl Jung.

The crucifixion is the simbol of the scrifice of the ego in detriment of the Highter Self.

His definitions (with my words...):
Ego- your mind, your experiences.
Highter Self- beyond your mind, your True Self.

The ego is just a part of the Highter Self, that is your real you. In scientific words it can be explained as:
ego- conscient
Highter Self- inconscient

Your goal in your life (in Junguian Pscychology) is to rediscover your Highter Self sacrificing your ego to attain what Christians call salvation.

In this story, the crucifixion of Jesus, Jesus is the ego being offered to God, the Highter Self. ;)
That explains all Religions.

You can see in my other threads the same ideas.

Like this one, for example: "Science, Pscychology and Religion talk about the same thing...
"

Love,
Nelson

*Originally posted by Cris
To a materialist death is a cessation of bodily functions needed to sustain the viability of the brain. Once the brain begins to decay then the person will cease to exist. It is assumed in this respect that the cessation of existence is permanent and death means a final ending.

So far, so good.

*From what we know death does appear to be final since there is no evidence that anyone has ever returned from death, or any mechanism that could result in such a return.*

There is no evidence that you are aware of, and such a mechanism is described, however you reject that description.

*... so many refuse to accept that death is the end. Humans are great problem solvers and when faced with a problem they can’t resolve many resort to hope and wishful thinking, and hence religion was born.*

Based on written descriptions, man was not created to die, however you reject that description and the creation of man.

*The dualistic concept in its simplest form involves a physical body and a soul that inhabits the body. When the body decays and becomes inanimate (dies) the soul continues to live and exist. However, the soul may or may not be considered eternal.*

Incorrect description.
The dust of the ground and the spirit, i.e. the breath, combine to make the soul.

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
(Genesis 2:7, KJV).

*Yet another variation is that the body and soul are inseparable and the soul dies when the body dies. This seems to be an obstinate view of insisting that materialists are wrong and that a soul must exist, however, in this definition there is no practical difference with the materialist definition.*

There's no obstinacy, and so far agreement with the materialist, i.e. death is final, and nothing material remains after death.
Even what might be considered immaterial in some way, i.e. the breath, is gone, too.

*So what does it mean for a human to die? Is it: –*

8. Cessation of existence.

*Christianity should be a polytheistic religion.*

It is.

*The trinity seems to be a pure paradox, and a failed explanation of how a god can die but not die.*

The trinity concept does not appear to be an explanation of resurrection.

*Christianity with its fantasy claims of a sacrificed deity*

Jesus died as a man, since he was a sacrifice for men.

*I would also suggest that for a sacrifice to remain valid it cannot be taken back or undone.*

That, of course, is the key to your argument.
That is also an invalid concept.
There is no particular reason to assume that a sacrifice cannot be returned.
The sacrifice of a pawn in chess may result in the win, at which time the board is yours.
You can sacrifice a dollar to buy a lottery ticket which, when it wins, returns your sacrificed dollar to you.

*In these examples sacrifices are time related, but if time is not a factor, for example for an infinite being then such sacrifices have little to no meaning.*

In some twisted way, that actually makes some kind of sense.
However, the sacrifice is for US, not the infinite being, therefore the value of the sacrifice is determined from our POV.

*But if I knew I could easily re-grow the arm again then is there really a sacrifice, or if it is considered a sacrifice it really isn’t significant.*

How about sacrificing your skin?
Suppose you run into a burning building to save a child and suffer burns to 80% of your body.
In your line of reasoning that would be a trivial sacrifice since the skin can be regrown.
(I'm assuming 2nd degree burns)

*But if death does not mean a final end then death can never be considered an ultimate sacrifice.*

You are arguing from the standpoint of assuming permanent death.
Since it isn't permanent, death is as ultimate a sacrifice as you're going to get.
Arguing for an imaginary universe where death is irreversably permanent is pointless since we don't live in such an imaginary universe.

*And if death is not final and souls are eternal then a physical death is as insignificant as in my example of giving up an hour of my time to help a disabled relative.*

The disabled relative may appreciate that hour, though.

* The 3 days that Jesus was meant to be dead is effectively irrelevant in this context.*

Oddly enough, that is true.
However, the point of all this may be to highlight the fact that death itself is a deception.

And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
(Revelation 12:9, KJV).

Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;
(Hebrews 2:14, KJV).

You'll notice from those two verses that the devil does one thing, namely, deceives, and as a result HAD the power of death.
He no longer has that power.
The result is that death now appears deceptive, as you have so admirably pointed out.
IOW, death is revealed for the deception that it is.

Cris,

Real quick, because I have to help prepare for tomorrow's large Easter get-together and meal:

***Death really only has significance or meaning if it is permanent.***

The more a person believes that death is permanent, the more significance and meaning death takes on for that person.

Prior to the crucifixion, death, and resurrection, the significance and meaning of death was probably at its highest.

After the crucifixion, death, and resurrection, death took on a much different significance and meaning.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Cris we can not know if death is pemenant or not (let's say tht death is destruction of one's personality), but I agree tht there is no evidence on afterlife, so we may as well not considerate this aspect in our discussion.
Christianity gives false hopes tht you can live after you die and tht god allmighty can provide you with paradise where you'll be alive forever (what he asks for it is another debate). But considerate tht we- humans find a way to live forever. Be tht mind uploading in a quantum-computer or new discovery in genetics which allows us to clone[make exact copies of] brains.
(most likely it will be sm kind of a combinatioon of these both).....
So now we have no need for god, because we ourselves can provide us with immortality. (if we forget all expenses and availability then all humans[dogs, cats, goldfish] are immortal)
So we have no need for a god now, we are like gods ourselves.
The question is - Will humans(christians, muslins, hindu) think of another aspect which asks us to believe in a god?
can human nature change, or will we thrash religion when we will be able to do whatever we want?

P.S. unfortunately I don't see the image[c:/trinity%20image.gif]:(
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The crucifixion is the simbol of the scrifice of the ego in detriment of the Highter Self

Seeker , you speak nonsence. If crucifixion was a simbol, then there was no real crucifixion and hence was no supposed sacrifaction. I do not think tht Romans (they were jews actually) bothered about the meaning of the death of Yeshua. (meaning for the years to come, not their schemes of course)

please make up your mind:)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tony, I will not even bother on responsing to your reply.

Cheers you all!

Seeker , you speak nonsence. If crucifixion was a simbol, then there was no real crucifixion and hence was no supposed sacrifaction. I do not think tht Romans (they were jews actually) bothered about the meaning of the death of Yeshua. (meaning for the years to come, not their schemes of course)

That's what puzzled Jung. The crucifixion of Jesus is the only case in Humanity where it happened not only pscychologically but also historically. That makes us think if Jesus really was God's Son (what I'm sure, I'm talking about non-Christians). If this is the case, He is God's Son because He is the personification of our struggle to rediscover ourselves. ;)

Love,
Nelson

Hi tony1,

There is no evidence that you are aware of, and such a mechanism is described, however you reject that description.
Yes that’s fine, although that doesn’t mean that evidence does exist or may ever exist. If you know of any evidence that does exist then please present it. As for a mechanism then perhaps I should prefix my statement with the word ‘credible’. And that of course requires us to define credible.

Based on written descriptions, man was not created to die, however you reject that description and the creation of man.
According to Christian mythology man was created to be a companion of God, but man sinned and that made him an inappropriate companion. However, God created man in his own image and included an ability to sin. And since God has perfect knowledge and cannot make errors then he clearly created man to die as well as be a potential companion. I think your assertion here is highly suspect.

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
(Genesis 2:7, KJV).
I had considered the inclusion of your interpretation, and I guess this addition to my list is fine by me.

There's no obstinacy, and so far agreement with the materialist, i.e. death is final, and nothing material remains after death.
Even what might be considered immaterial in some way, i.e. the breath, is gone, too.
I’m not sure if you are agreeing with me or not here.

*Christianity should be a polytheistic religion.*

It is.
But doesn’t the bible insist that there is only one god? Isn’t this a contradiction?

*Christianity with its fantasy claims of a sacrificed deity*

Jesus died as a man, since he was a sacrifice for men.
Yes and then he became a deity for the rest of eternity, making the time he was a man insignificant. But if he was part of the trinity then he was God the son and as such could not die since gods are immortal. And if there is only one God then he could never have been truly man.

*I would also suggest that for a sacrifice to remain valid it cannot be taken back or undone.*

That, of course, is the key to your argument.
That is also an invalid concept.
There is no particular reason to assume that a sacrifice cannot be returned.
How? If you sacrifice something then you have experienced a loss for x amount of time. If the sacrifice is then taken back, you will have still made a sacrifice although probably one of insignificance.

I agree that the word ‘valid’ would be better replaced by ‘significant’ and ‘meaningful’, that I explain later. But I could argue that an insignificant or meaningless sacrifice is not a worthwhile or valid sacrifice worthy of note.

More later. My vacation calls.

Cris

I'm better than Jung

Ok, maybe not.....

The crucifixion of Jesus is the only case in Humanity where it happened not only pscychologically but also historically
happened what. A lone phylosopher was killed because of he could start riots.
That makes us think if Jesus really was God's Son
Why is it so. You can be crucified also, would tht make you a god's son?
If this is the case, He is God's Son because He is the personification of our struggle to rediscover ourselves
So every personification of people's struggle to rediscover themselves is = god's son??? no logic in this, sorry

Rediscover?????- why do you think tht rediscover not uncover?

Sorry I still see no logic in this (I tried)

Cheers!

blonde_cupid,

The more a person believes that death is permanent, the more significance and meaning death takes on for that person.

Prior to the crucifixion, death, and resurrection, the significance and meaning of death was probably at its highest.

After the crucifixion, death, and resurrection, death took on a much different significance and meaning.
I largely agree, and the implications are interesting.

More later.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
You too.

Cris

So every personification of people's struggle to rediscover themselves is = god's son??? no logic in this, sorry
Somewhat...

Matthew 5:9:

"9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. "

Peacemakers not only on Earth but inside themselves. The spiritual evolution from ego to Highter Self. Those who sacrifice their ego make peace with their Inner-Selves, with their True Selves. ;)

I can use another Religion to explain, if you want. Choose one... ;)

Love,
Nelson

those are phrases of zero value. you say all and at the same time- say nothing. there is said tht peacemakers are blessed and nothing of what you said below. So should peacemakers in Bosnia relate to this quote also?:D
Peacemakers not only on Earth but inside themselves
Where inside-> liver, brain. (no I'm not an idiot with this phrase, just it makes as much sense as yours). What is inside where is inside
The spiritual evolution from ego to Highter Self
EGO is bad:confused:
Those who sacrifice their ego make peace with their Inner-Selves
Why do I need to sacriface one part of myself to get another. Of course I have to be clear if it's worht it. I think it is- discover your true self, but there is a tiny question----How do I know tht with sacrifacing my ego, I receive the knowledge I desired about my true self? What chance do I have when throwing away on a street 1000$ I'll won in a lottery 1 000 000$? If I'd know what chances I have or wheather I have any chances by giving away my ego to receive knowledge about my true self, I might consider doing it. Again a question arises- how do you sacriface smth from your personality, does it matter to whoom you sacriface, etc.
can use another Religion to explain, if you want. Choose one...
No thanx, although I appreciate your intention, I do not like religions in particular.

Cheers!

Does anyone else find it funny that Tony1 mentioned evidence?

Tony1,

*In these examples sacrifices are time related, but if time is not a factor, for example for an infinite being then such sacrifices have little to no meaning.*

In some twisted way, that actually makes some kind of sense.
However, the sacrifice is for US, not the infinite being, therefore the value of the sacrifice is determined from our POV.
Well yes and no. There are two sides to a sacrifice: The one making the sacrifice and the beneficiaries. Usually the degree of sacrifice usually meets the degree of the benefit. Christianity makes a tremendous noise about Jesus’ sacrifice with which we are expected to sympathize. But my point here is that I cannot detect any meaningful or significant sacrifice, so why all the fuss about a sacrifice. And as to our possible benefit is another matter.

All I see is that God wanted some companions and created man. He screwed up the deign so much that he accidentally included an ability to sin, and then groans in astonishment when we actually use this god given ability. And then in a desperate attempt to sort things out he decides his son should die, or rather he arranges an elaborate charade where his son isn’t given any choice but to get himself killed, except he doesn’t die. And somehow we are meant to be grateful for all these almighty cock-ups – ah give me a break, or in the words of McEnroe – you can’t be serious.

*But if I knew I could easily re-grow the arm again then is there really a sacrifice, or if it is considered a sacrifice it really isn’t significant.*

How about sacrificing your skin?
Suppose you run into a burning building to save a child and suffer burns to 80% of your body.
In your line of reasoning that would be a trivial sacrifice since the skin can be regrown.
(I'm assuming 2nd degree burns)
Good, you are very well illustrating degrees of sacrifice.

*But if death does not mean a final end then death can never be considered an ultimate sacrifice.*

You are arguing from the standpoint of assuming permanent death.
Since it isn't permanent, death is as ultimate a sacrifice as you're going to get.
Arguing for an imaginary universe where death is irreversably permanent is pointless since we don't live in such an imaginary universe.
No that’s just your baseless belief. All we know is that when people die they never return. Assuming and arguing from the perspective that death is permanent is the only rational path to take.

*And if death is not final and souls are eternal then a physical death is as insignificant as in my example of giving up an hour of my time to help a disabled relative.*

The disabled relative may appreciate that hour, though.
Yup but it’s only an hour. Again, the degree of the sacrifice tends to correlate with the altruistic benefit.

However, the point of all this may be to highlight the fact that death itself is a deception. ….
The result is that death now appears deceptive, as you have so admirably pointed out.
IOW, death is revealed for the deception that it is.
The danger you face, as with all Christians, in believing that death is a deception without any factual basis is that you will live your life without due respect for life. When death is seen as transient then wars, murder, and killings are not truly seen as the evils that they are. When death is considered a final end then greater emphasis would be placed on protecting life. And the sacrifice of one’s life for another would have real meaning.

Cris

those are phrases of zero value. you say all and at the same time- say nothing. there is said tht peacemakers are blessed and nothing of what you said below. So should peacemakers in Bosnia relate to this quote also?

Peacemakers are those who have compassion towards others and avoid conflicts. They NEVER use weapons. So the "peacemakers" in Bosnia don't fall in this cathegory.

Where inside-> liver, brain. (no I'm not an idiot with this phrase, just it makes as much sense as yours). What is inside where is inside

I'm talking about feelings, senses. I'm talking about being in peace with yourself. For example, if you kill someone you have a bad conscience, you are not in peace with yourself.

EGO is bad:confused:

Not exactly... it's just less developed. It's just only a little imperfect part of yourself. Don't you have imperfections? Those are in your ego. Your Highter Self has no imperfections, is like the Bible says, the image of God.

Why do I need to sacriface one part of myself to get another. Of course I have to be clear if it's worht it. I think it is- discover your true self, but there is a tiny question----How do I know tht with sacrifacing my ego, I receive the knowledge I desired about my true self? What chance do I have when throwing away on a street 1000$ I'll won in a lottery 1 000 000$? If I'd know what chances I have or wheather I have any chances by giving away my ego to receive knowledge about my true self, I might consider doing it. Again a question arises- how do you sacriface smth from your personality, does it matter to whoom you sacriface, etc.

Sacrifice here is not kill, exeterminate, cease existance. Sacrifice here is to diminush your ego in detriment of your Highter Self. Sorry if I passed the wrong message to you, but that's the word commonly used to transmit the message, in Religion (and alchemy too...). But the interpretation is what I said above. You don't get rid of it. Your ego is just a part of yourself. Your Highter Self is your complete self. ;)

No thanx, although I appreciate your intention, I do not like religions in particular.

Ok... I can use another language though. It can be Alchemy, Pscychology, Philosophy and even Science (still working on it)... ;)

Love,
Nelson

Trinity Diagram.

Sorry I didn't add an attachment when posting the original and EDIT doesn't allow attachments to be added later, unless someone knows otherwise.

But consider that we- humans find a way to live forever. Be that mind uploading in a quantum-computer or new discovery in genetics which allows us to clone [make exact copies of] brains.

So we have no need for a god now, we are like gods ourselves.
The question is - Will humans (christians, muslins, hindu) think of another aspect which asks us to believe in a god?
Can human nature change, or will we thrash religion when we will be able to do whatever we want?
I sincerely hope that as we evolve into beings with greater intelligence then irrational religions will simply cease to exist.

But without death (and therefore life after death) as its lure then religions have little else to offer. But the question of whether the universe was started or is truly infinite may forever be a question that immortal intelligences will ask.

P.S. unfortunately I don't see the image
– try now.

Cris

But the question of whether the universe was started or is truly infinite may forever be a question that immortal intelligences will ask.

We could seek an answer to that, but until then I think it's safe to assume time is a part of this universe and was created at the moment of the big bang along with the other 3 dimensions. In this sense the universe could still be said to have been around forever, because 'forever' is a property of time, and since time was nonexistant until the moment of the big bang 'forever' can be applied to the age of the universe. If that makes any sense.

The Trinity

I went to a Catholic School for 12 years of my younger life, and frankly I find the Trinity to be one of the most contradicting explanations of God, Jesus and Spirit ever created.

Christians have gone around for hundreds of years, flaming other religions for having 'multiple Gods' (aka Polytheism), especially religions like Hinduism which has been quietly surpressed since early British Occupation of India. All these Christians who claim to be blessed and going to Heaven are contradicting themselves and their ten commandments.

Isn't it convienient how these multiple Gods are supposedly one entity ?

Seems like they took the easy way out.

Back