daft or strange things you've done

daft thing

When i was at school you know those trash bins that stand on one leg, well we tried to see how many people we could get into one, we had about five standing in one, and it suddenly started to bend over, but that was ok, but the problem came when we tried to get out before it hit the ground, as we had packed five into it, all our feet had got locked together, and none of us could get out, so we all hit the floor, and just as we did the headmaster came around the corner, and we all got the cane, and we had to pay for the trash can as it broke totally, not only that when we got home our parents had been told and we got sorted by them as well, not a good day.:(

My two cents.....

I have lots but all tell 2 of my favorites.

I once had my Mustang SIDE-WAYS at 90mph in traffic while travling to a motorcycle race. I would add that it was a flawless excution of a side ways skid, and I didnt drop one ash from my smoke.

While I was in the NAVY we stoped at the islad of BALI. Needless to say while we were there I got drunck off my ass. To make along story short, Bali is a long island when you walk half way across it because you got lost on the way back to the hotel.

J............

Laughing my ass off...

I guess I'm too smart. I can't racall anything I have done that compares with the other posts.

As often as possible. I did it right each and every time, too. Have you ever missed the target? Share a past blunder with us.

daft biker

I am a hardened motor biker i can rewire a bike race a bike fly a bike, but this one morning i went out to start my bike up nd it would not start, it had never let me down before, so i set to work to find out what was wrong, my mate came down to help as well, we striped the thing right down, and could not find a thing wrong, we put it back together and it still would not start, we tried all kinds, but no go, untill my mate saw the problem, i had turned the petrol switch off the nght before,it was something that i never did, i dont know why i did that night, did i get stick from the rest of my biker mates, just a little for about a week.:bugeye:

I'll skip ones involving substances ... and give a couple favorites (which all interestingly happened around 11-12).

Once I woke up in the middle of the night and realized I had been sleeping on both my arms. Needless to say they didn't wake up with me. So both my arms were burning as the blood flow returned which made it hard to fall back asleep. After about 30 seconds my nose started itching and without considering the state of my arms and went to itch my nose. While my shoulder was able to lift my arm, the rest had no control so it crashed into my nose and set it gushing with blood. So I'm trying to stop my blood from covering me and my sheets with half retarded arms flailing wildly. I actually did more harm than good spraying blood onto the white walls of my room. Unable to turn on the lights I also tripped over some clothes and got blood all over the carpet (luckily it was already pretty trashed). When my parents saw my room the next day they decided it was finally time to redecorate.

Another time I was making a bonfire in my back yard and instead of motivating to get kindling (there was a lot of larger stuff my dad actually wanted me to burn from trees we had cut down) I just doused the wood in gasoline. It lit really well, but it would burn so fast and superficially the bigger logs didn't really have time to light. So I started pouring more gasoline out of a 5 gallon jug on it right before it would go out. Unfortunately I managed to ignite the vapors and bit of gas on the top of the can somehow and kept attempting to blow it out. In my panicked stated I was hyper ventilating such that I couldn't really blow very hard. All my friends scattered. I was so scared I just took my hand and grabbed the nozzle flame and all smothering the fire, but gave myself some nice blistering burns ... (as an aside has anyone else ever gathered up all the christmas trees on the block when they are supposed to get picked up by the garbage man? Christmas trees burn good. Can anyone say 40ft flames ; )

The last one is pretty embarassing, but it's funny enough I'm willing to share. Early on when I started exploring the functioning fo certain novel aspects of my body I went through a period of trying various lubricants available in the bathroom. The only really bad incident involved the prell for oily hair (remember prell that green goo). So the first problem of course was the fact it's soap and a little burning happened at the time. The real problem was the next day when the results of the de-oiling powers of prell had taken effect. The skin was totally hard, scaly, and dried out. It hurt too as it cracked and peeled. Lets just say I didn't experiment for the next 3 weeks until it was back to normal and my creativity diminished. Those were the most anxiety ridden three weeks of my life. It lasted for long enough I thought I might have damaged it permanently. I was too embarassed at the time to share with my parents/doctor etc ...

Hope I supply some chuckles. I've enjoyed much of the thread.

Ah the joys of the circumcised male. :(
Gimme a gloss finish any day.

One from the vaults...
It could be a complete lie but it's a hoot
A man on a ward I once worked on had breathing problems. This made worse by the strain of constipation. The head nurse asked a student to help out his breathing problems by giving the man two suppositories. (thereby relieving the stress of strain)

You get the theory so far?

Anyhoo the student comes back full of pride claiming job done. Sister says we'll give him twenty minutes for them to melt and see how he goes.

The sister then saw a perplexed look shadow across the face of the student and thought 'Hmm better go check!'

She arrived at the mans bed to find two suppositories one in each nostril and a rapidly blueing patient as the student obviously thought they were vic sticks.

Ah the good old NHS ya can't beat it. well don't get me started on the things they pull outta peoples ass:rolleyes:

Peace and motive motions to you all

Wiring up a conductivity sensor. Got 240v on the power terminals for the industrial LED readout, and decide to recalibrate the readout. To recalibrate have to remove readout from panel.
To remove from panel have to remove 240v connections.

Memo to self:
Always always always use electricians insulated screwdriver.

DOH!

Back