Criminals exiled

Also, part of my purpose was to look at people's views on "justice". If they're not in prison or being executed, are they being punished? Are they getting away with it?

I think the criminal "justice" system ideally should have two goals.

1.) Rehabilitation.
2.) If rehabilitation does not work - removal from society to protect those they would prey on.

I don't think "punishment" or revenge are effective in any way, nor should they be a part of any justice system.

Given this, I think banishment is certainly an acceptable option.

All that said, I recently started a thread on how I would like to see the derranged filth who prey on children killed. (the story was about a woman and her boyfriend selling her young daughter off as a sex slave in exchange for a used car, an apartment and childcare for their infant, which they were planning on selling into the sex trade industry as well) I'm human.

So they weren't just dropped off & left on their own. Why have I been thinking they were?
And nonconvict settlers were there from the beginning.

I remember the movie Escape from New York staring Kurt Russell, bad movie but a good idea in theory just like Alcatraz.

What about also including mentally ill people and others less desirables... hey why does Hitler and the master race come to mind????????

I remember the movie Escape from New York staring Kurt Russell, bad movie but a good idea in theory just like Alcatraz.
Nothing like Alcatraz.
I've been to Alcatraz. It was a prison on an island - not a whole lot different than any other prison. The inmates did not rule or have free reign at all.

What about also including mentally ill people and others less desirables... hey why does Hitler and the master race come to mind????????
An entirely separate issue - the two can't even be honestly compared.

Nothing like Alcatraz.
I've been to Alcatraz. It was a prison on an island - not a whole lot different than any other prison. The inmates did not rule or have free reign at all.

I agree with you on this one… Alcatraz was not self rule, but the movie Escape from New York was.

An entirely separate issue - the two can't even be honestly compared.

Yes it is, Hitler wanted to rid society of what was deemed “The sub or lesser human class of people” no different than what is being proposed by shipping criminals to another planet, the only difference was Hitler was killing them, whereas here they are being shipped far off, but the main goal though is the same and that is to make the society stronger and more pure by ridding itself of the less human class.

Yes it is, Hitler wanted to rid society of what was deemed “The sub or lesser human class of people” no different than what is being proposed by shipping criminals to another planet, the only difference was Hitler was killing them, whereas here they are being shipped far off, but the main goal though is the same and that is to make the society stronger and more pure by ridding itself of the less human class.

We are talking about people who have proven they either can not be a member of society without preying on it, or are unwilling to be.
It's not a matter of capabilities, race, religion or any other abstract notion.
It's not matter of purifying the race or society, it's a matter of protecting the society from those who are out to intentionally cause it harm.
Is banishment to an island worse than life imprisonment?

We are talking about people who have proven they either can not be a member of society without preying on it, or are unwilling to be.
It's not a matter of capabilities, race, religion or any other abstract notion.
It's not matter of purifying the race or society, it's a matter of protecting the society from those who are out to intentionally cause it harm.
Is banishment to an island worse than life imprisonment?

Ok to the first part for thos unwiling to change

But either way whether you say it is protecting society but isn’t it still a matter of purifying society by removing the bad, isn’t that what purifying means? After all when you purify water you remove the harmful chemicals and other unwanted or dangerous contents to make it safe to consume?

I cannot help that Hitler just went to extremes with this concept and that his thoughts of anyone not German were considered a threat or dangerous to the superior race. But Jews are not the same as violent gang mebers or child rapists. I get that point.. hell just shoot them all its easier and cheaper than paying all that jet fuel, after all they are going to die one day anyway right? why not sooner than later? end of discussion

This proposal is not about punishment It's about protecting people while minimizing violence against offenders.
This thread is not about undesirables other than the worst convicted criminals.

Back