Creator does not imply afterlife.

Confutatis said:
You have misquoted my sentence by removing half of it. Or perhaps you haven't read all of it. You will not succeed convincing me that millions, billions of people can consider themselves part of an institution without sharing the basic creeds of that institution. The idea is simply preposterous.

Is that an appeal to authority? Read on.

Agree on what? What are those contentious points you find so obvious and I find non-existent?

Simple, you're new here, stick around and find out.

That is not an argument, it's just an outburst of anger. I can't reply to it except with another outburst of anger, but I'm not angry.

Your perception is as it should be with all theists, imaginative.

I didn't say it is, I said it can be. Are you saying it cannot? Are you saying some evil president cannot appeal to the Constitution of his country to send innocent people to jail? Have you never heard of Chile?

Do you mean an evil theist president?

I won't enter this debate because it's way too complex, but I'll just say that those religious attrocities you are talking about, if anything, only serve as proof that Christianity is right. All Christians know that.

Christian attrocities were right? You are sick and twisted and are typical of a Christian.

How the fuck and an atrocity be right? The word "atrocity" come from "atrocious", meaning "very, very motherfucking bad. So bad, in fact, that one would have to be a complete fucking retard to consider it good".
:mad: :bugeye:
WTF, d00d!

The reason why i believe in an after life is because God has told me there is. And i trust His word on it.

Let's bar delusion for this discussion.

That is silly. The book that tells you about God is the same book that tells you about the afterlife.

The book says a lot of stuff.
Nor is this a discussion of books or Gods. It's a discussion of Creators. Why is that Dualists believe in Creators and Creationists (theists, really) are Dualists? The two, outside of what an old book tells someone, seem to be unconnected.

We create hybrid species, for a purpose, but did we create an afterlife for them? Only if my stomach counts as an afterlife.

If AI is created (really only a matter of time), and then we torch the computer the AI is housed in, does it go to a big heaven in the sky? Did the human creators make any afterlife for computers?

How does death invalidate life? I really don't get the sentiment "it's all for nothing if I die and that's the end of me."

I suppose it's really just further delusions of the human mind, the ever importance of the human self and its endeavors, and anthropomorphizing the universe. I wish Adstar could be aware of the oblivion that was going to consume him when he dies. Too bad he'll just rot. :mad:

Roman said:
Let's bar delusion for this discussion.

The book says a lot of stuff.
Nor is this a discussion of books or Gods. It's a discussion of Creators. Why is that Dualists believe in Creators and Creationists (theists, really) are Dualists? The two, outside of what an old book tells someone, seem to be unconnected.

We create hybrid species, for a purpose, but did we create an afterlife for them? Only if my stomach counts as an afterlife.

If AI is created (really only a matter of time), and then we torch the computer the AI is housed in, does it go to a big heaven in the sky? Did the human creators make any afterlife for computers?

How does death invalidate life? I really don't get the sentiment "it's all for nothing if I die and that's the end of me."

I suppose it's really just further delusions of the human mind, the ever importance of the human self and its endeavors, and anthropomorphizing the universe. I wish Adstar could be aware of the oblivion that was going to consume him when he dies. Too bad he'll just rot. :mad:

1) Whats a Dualist? :confused:
2) Maybe im mistaken, but did u say all Theists are Creationists? or the other way around?
3) I'll make the same deal I make with all other nonbelievers... if ur right and we go to oblivion, ill buy the drinks... if i win... well... drinks are free up there ... so... sorry :p

I say creator, you say God.

Bullshit.

I wasn't talking about Christianity, I was addressing all those fag theist and deists out there.

I'll make a lil scenario:

Fag wanna-be-Theist: "Oh jeeze guys, I don't really like the bible, and evolution seems unlikely, an dI'm scared of death, what religions does that leave me?"
Fag Theist: "New age hippy theist shit! There's a nice god, and a heaven. Did you know Benjamin had a hardon for this bollocks?"
Fag wanna-be-Theist: "I'm sold! I'm now a Fag Theist like you!"

As we can see, creator does not imply an afterlife, just pussies being fags, or maybe fags being pussies.

Provita said:
3) I'll make the same deal I make with all other nonbelievers... if ur right and we go to oblivion, ill buy the drinks... if i win... well... drinks are free up there ... so... sorry

Again, you assume that a creator actually cares about you, when there is no evidence for any sort of divine Daddy. Perhaps a creator, but certainly not the one you wish there was. And simply having evidence of a creator doesn't mean that there's life after death.

So basically you're a Christian, too deluded and full of wishful thinking to actually discuss stuff with.

See, one may make a solid argument for creator, but the jump from creator to His Lordliness, JC, doesn't acually work.

Sorry fags.

Last edited:
Let's hypothesize there was a creator. If something designed people, or earth, or whatever, why would this mean there's life after death? I see no relationship between a creator and the existence of the soul.

Anyone care to explain?

I don't know if this is supposed to be a logical argument but I will give it the benefit of the doubt .....

So in otherwords if a father gives their son a car to drive, there is no reason to assume that the son will leave the car once he sits in the drivers seat.

In other words because god created the body and the soul, there is no reason to consider that the soul can leave the body once it has finished "driving" it for a while

:eek:

:eek: is right! What?!

If I was given a car by my father, it doesn't mean I am bound to the car.
If I was given a soul by God, it doesnt mean that I am bound to the soul.

OR

If a car was given a driver, the driver could still leave.
If a body was given a soul, the soul could still leave.

Is that the argument you're trying to present...? In either case, I don't see the logic.

:confused:

I think that the notion of an afterlife is to quell the fear of death. Probably useful when you send people to fight and die for your cause, or to subjugate them by making them believe in the promise that a life of misery and servitude can bring everlasting happiness in death.

If a car was given a driver, the driver could still leave.
If a body was given a soul, the soul could still leave.

and lo and behold the soul does leave the body when we die -

Is that the argument you're trying to present...? In either case, I don't see the logic.
I think there is a lack of knowledge on what god has actually created when we say "God created me" - where are "you" - when you say hello to someone what part of the body do you address - their nose? their arm? their mole on their cheek? their little toe?

I think that the notion of an afterlife is to quell the fear of death. Probably useful when you send people to fight and die for your cause, or to subjugate them by making them believe in the promise that a life of misery and servitude can bring everlasting happiness in death.

Not really relevant to discuss on this thread since it proposes that the only problem with the atfer life is that it is not logical, so meandering into tentative suggestions is a bit futile, unless the thread topic tends to die and persons want to kill time or something

when you say hello to someone what part of the body do you address

Assuming all of their senses are intact, I address the person's face - the eyes, ears, and mouth, as they communicate with these body parts. I would focus on the eyes if a person was deaf (using sign language), the ears for a blind person, or the hands for a blind and deaf person.

Not really relevant to discuss on this thread since it proposes that the only problem with the atfer life is that it is not logical...

Indeed. It was merely speculation. I shall not advance with that argument. However, I do agree that if a creator exists, it does not necessarily follow that an afterlife exists.

Last edited:
“ when you say hello to someone what part of the body do you address ”

Assuming all of their senses are intact, I address the person's face - the eyes, ears, and mouth, as that is how they communicate and recognize communication.

So if these things are not apparent to you, like if you can't see them, there is no possibility of communication?

No, I don't need to see someone to speak to someone, nor do I need to see them to hear them.

and lo and behold the soul does leave the body when we die

Can you support the claim that there even is such thing as a soul with some evidence? Didn't think so.

original said:
No, I don't need to see someone to speak to someone, nor do I need to see them to hear them.

then you must be addressing something more than what you indicate in your statement

Assuming all of their senses are intact, I address the person's face - the eyes, ears, and mouth, as that is how they communicate and recognize communication.

because you can still communicate to someone when these things are not apparent to you.

So I ask you again, when you say hello to someone, exactly what are you addressing?

lightgigantic said:
In other words because god created the body and the soul, there is no reason to consider that the soul can leave the body once it has finished "driving" it for a while.
You are starting from the assumption that "god created the body and the soul" - whereas the thread starts from the assumption that god created the body:
"Let's hypothesize there was a creator. If something designed people, or earth, or whatever, why would this mean there's life after death? I see no relationship between a creator and the existence of the soul."
You have jumped in with the assumption that god created the body and the soul - i.e. that the soul exists.

I think it is logical that, IF we were created by God, and IF the God created our body AND soul - then there would be an afterlife.

But the thread-starter is starting from the position that God only created our bodies. In this instance he is asking what the connection between the creator and existence of the soul - i.e. with no other assumptions, is it reasonable to assume that creator implies soul?

Back