Could God...

He did, Satan is equal to God in every way except one.

He can not create something from nothing.

He needed a worthy "oppontent" to child-train His children....and teach them about the character of God.

Last edited:
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven, and all these things shall be added unto you."

The question should have been, " Can GOD create another GOD who is MORE powerful than him? :bugeye:

Originally posted by riverline
The question should have been, " Can GOD create another GOD who is MORE powerful than him?
no, the question should not have been that, as it is grammatically incorrect. Your question is in short form. In long form it would be "Can GOD create another GOD who is MORE powerful than him IS?" The last two words make it evident that the last pronoun should be "he" (if the speaker wished to refer to the sky pixie as a male) as presented in the original question:
Originally posted by Olaus
Could God...create another God as powerful as he? He is omnipotent.
long form: "Could God...create another god as powerful as he is?"

Either way, the answer is still:

Originally posted by Unregistered1921
god, being fictitious, can do anything the story writer can come up with.

Last edited:
Unregistered1921

Execuse my weak english but can you check the statement you proposed?

It seems either sophisticaed to me or defective. :bugeye:

Unregistered1921

Execuse my weak english but can you check the statement you proposed?

It seems either sophisticaed to me or defective. :bugeye:

you're not making sense. could you restate your post?

Unregistered1921

"Can GOD create another GOD who is MORE powerful than him IS?"

I copied the above statement from your reply, are you sure its gramatically correct?

Unregistered1921

"Can GOD create another GOD who is MORE powerful than him IS?"

I copied the above statement from your reply, are you sure its gramatically correct?

Unregistered was pointing out why it was NOT grammatically correct.

Originally posted by Olaus
create another God as powerful as he? He is omnipotent.

In mathematics, is it possible to create another 1 (one), without multiplying the original 1?
I think not.
God, as per scripture, is mathematically, numero uno, the original, the primeval entity, He can multiply Himself into innumerable beings, but He always remains numero uno. :)

Love

Jan Ardena.

Re: Re: Could God...

Originally posted by Jan Ardena
In mathematics, is it possible to create another 1 (one), without multiplying the original 1?
I think not.
God, as per scripture, is mathematically, numero uno, the original, the primeval entity, He can multiply Himself into innumerable beings, but He always remains numero uno. :)

Love

Jan Ardena.

Then he isn't omnipotent and isn't really God. The Real God could do anything, even things which are not logically possible. The Real God would trump all reason, condition, manifestation, everything. How could The Real God be confined by dogmas. This is abstract idolatry. Post-Jesus Movement Christianity is Pauline idolatry.

The Real God is humanly worthless because it says nothing to us. Only a phantom pretender to the heavenly throne is worthwhile, apparently, because it can be given human cares and attributes and can be (not really, but dogmatically) quantified. I say it's better to not care about Gods period, aside from conjecture or artistic expression. Or alternately, if there is The Real God(let's call It Meta-God), I suspect only an internal gnosis can access It. Of course, that's a heresy and therefore evil and Satanic.

OK, continue your blathering pointlessness.

Actually, "than him" is a proper construction. The construction relgates the lexeme "than" to the grammatical role of preposition, rather than conjunction. "than he is" is also proper, relegating "than" to the role of conjunction.

Thus: A - "than him" and B - "than he is"

Analysis A: Than - preposition, him - pronoun: prepositional object. A = adjectival compliment.

Analysis B: Than - conjunction, "he is" - subjective subclause.
B = clausal compliment.

Why was this so hard? :D

LOL! I'll say this for God - he can sure make everyone confuse the hell out of everyone else!!

can god make me rich and succesful?

Originally posted by TheVisitor
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven, and all these things shall be added unto you."
doesnt the bible says that if you ask "surely your every prayer will be answered?"
so why it doesn't work?:rolleyes:

Re: can god make me rich and succesful?

Originally posted by Q25
doesnt the bible says that if you ask "surely your every prayer will be answered?"
so why it doesn't work?:rolleyes:

Furthermore, the very fact that this passage exists is a massive blow to Jesus-based philosophy. Why would you need prayer if you "forsake tomorrow and worry not for food or possessions. Look upon the birds of the air. Do they plan for their next day?"

Prayer apparently contradicts this suggestion, though the Biblical Jesus advocates it as well.

Theres a catch, It says "If you belive in your heart, without any doubt"....
You can have what you asked for.

It works, but be carefull what you ask for....you might just get it.

Olaus

"Prayer apparently contradicts this suggestion, though the Biblical Jesus advocates it as well"

You apparently contradict the law of natural selection...
But your here.:cool:

The Real God(let's call It Meta-God), I suspect only an internal gnosis can access It

Someone with this apparent gift for stating such obvious contradictions in the scriptures.....(Gnosis ..maybe?)
Should have been president or world leader by now....NOT

Make your snide comments about the scriptures......yeah, you've got my attention now!
Prove one contradiction in the bible...you can't.
It's just the sign of a dazed and confussed mind that scoffs at what they don't understand.

OK, continue your blathering pointlessness

Last edited:
create another God as powerful as he? He is omnipotent.

umm.. okkk.. im gonna take a stab at this.. im not a theist, but i'll try and pretend to believe in god for this moment :p

major religions have described the qualities of god as being omnipotent, omniscient, perfect, creator of all things etc etc etc..

if god wanted to create another god, there would probably be a need for it... considerin that god is perfect, there is no need for it... i've heard ppl make logicall fallacies by asking if god can create a rock that even he can't lift.. you can't ignore one aspect of his characteristics and keep pushin it...

according to religions
God = perfection
you cannot perfect perfection
if you could, then it wouldn't be perfection.. it would be almost perfect.

therefore, you cannot create beyond that is perfect... becuz there wudn't be a need to in the first place.. therefore the whole premise of if god can create another god etc etc is quite dumb..

hmphh.. im gonna get beat up by my atheist friends now :D

Back