Convert me

Joeman

Eviiiiiiiil Clown
Registered Senior Member
To an athiest.

Throughout my entire life, I have been agnostic (leaning toward athiest) mainly because I am too lazy to search for and study any scientific evidence.

Now I need all the helps I can get. Where can I start? Convert me if you can.

Convert you to what? Atheism? Christianity? Cannabalism?

I hear that people taste a lot like pork, if that helps. :p

I'll survive. :p

It's possible that Joeman was wanting to be converted to homosexuality? If so, I can offer no advice.

Joeman,

If you are agnostic that means you have not accepted any religionist proposals. But that makes you an atheist since the definition of atheist is one who lacks belief in a god or gods and you do indeed lack those beliefs.

So welcome to the team and consider yourself converted.

Technically there is no middle position, you either have theistic beliefs or you don't - if you don't then you are an atheist and that position is fully rational.

Kat

It's a bit ridiculous that the very act of explaining nihilism disproves it. . . every act disproves it.

Want to be converted to atheism? Find God innocent of the charge of existence until proven otherwise. Don't hold your breath on the verdict, either, because just like the unicorn and the tooth fairy it's not coming.

Did I say anything about explaining? I just said converting.
Christians converted people for some hundred years without explaining.
They managed well enough with threats. :p

IMO, atheism is a logical consequence of agnosticism. There are a few threads that discuss it in detail.

I can't convert you though because you don't need converting, you're already there. Consistent or delimited agnosticism is a good old thread and there is one under sticky at the top of the religion forum that defines the terms relatively well.

There is no reason to hold a negative or positive belief about something that you can't know. Consequently IMO, atheism is a "lack of belief in god", so.... if you don't believe in god you're an atheist, even if you don't assert "there isn't a god", you're still an atheist. I suppose that depends critically on your definitiion of atheism. Some might call it "weak atheism".

Dreamwalker said:
Christians converted people for some hundred years without explaining.
They managed well enough with threats. :p

Yes but that's part of what makes it so detestable isn't it? We can do so much better!

Did I mention that I am not really a nihilist?
I am me. Since it is a bit difficult to convert people to me, I had to search for an alternative :D

May I perhaps convert you to satanism?

yeah but I love that thread anyway, I was just reading through it.

sorry, i thought ...

i forgot.

"chaos"

goddamnit.

*bows to discordia*

Back